Its Roeder

lovejoy

Guest nufc1984

Lets be honest here the fans of Newcastle United are impatient, plenty don't understand the game and follow the crowd and we have a chairman who runs the club to please the fans every few months whilest trying to make plenty of money in the process. Until this all changes it doesn't matter which mug takes control of the club we won't win a thing.

i completely agree with you, i didn't think there was anyone on here that understood this tbh.Without being horrible,the majority of our fans are over-ambitous and expect success to just land on our front door, all these things take time, remember fergie at United when he first became manager, the fans wanted him sacked in his first season but the nstuck by him, the United board stuck by him too though and i don't even need to go into what success he brung to Old Trafford.

i'll support him but i agree that it is an underwhelming appointment.

shepherd has failed to get his man yet again. i thought we were one of the top ten jobs in europe

You didn't believe him when he said that did you :) For all we know he want for all the managers we wanted ahead of Roeder and they didn't want to come. Wouldn't suprise me.

Lets be honest here the fans of Newcastle United are impatient, plenty don't understand the game and follow the crowd and we have a chairman who runs the club to please the fans every few months whilest trying to make plenty of money in the process. Until this all changes it doesn't matter which mug takes control of the club we won't win a thing.

Ffs, "impatient" do me a favour! It's been nearly 40 years ffs, I believe my patients has been well and truly tested. I just want the best for my club. The best, not second best. We are a big club with huge potential, wake up Newcastle and get the appointment right.

Guest Gemmill

Ffs, "impatient" do me a favour! It's been nearly 40 years ffs, I believe my patients has been well and truly tested. I just want the best for my club. The best, not second best. We are a big club with huge potential, wake up Newcastle and get the appointment right.

What's the diagnosis, Dr.?  bluebigrazz.gif

i'll support him but i agree that it is an underwhelming appointment.

shepherd has failed to get his man yet again. i thought we were one of the top ten jobs in europe

You didn't believe him when he said that did you :) For all we know he want for all the managers we wanted ahead of Roeder and they didn't want to come. Wouldn't suprise me.

If that's the case then I am less unhappy about Roeder, its the thought that Freddie didn't bother to try for some of the more qualified candidates or that he is waiting for Shearer which gives me the heebie jeebies!

Guest Moe-Ali

Newcastle are too fucking sentimental.

Untill we get over that, as a club, nothing new.

Look at the mans teams against the top clubs, Chelsea, MAN U, Liverpool...not good at all. Granted some of the players played nothing good, but when will they play well for him against the top clubs, when its not the 'impressing' phase.

I will be the first one to say that Glen deserves all the praise he gets for putting us where we are, but he just is not the man for the job. We were being linked with the top managers in the world, and to be honest, getting him would be a dissapointment.

To go back to the sentimental issue. When Roeder was appointed, he didnt want the job nor did he ever think he could have the job, and then came the wins, against Villa, Bolton, Sunderland, West Brom, and teams in that eschelon, with the exception of the impressive 3-1 win vs spurs, but to be honest, Lee Bowyer was HOTT!.

My point is, we need a manager who is more tactically talented, one that has won things, one that can take us into the Champions League.

What's the diagnosis, Dr.? bluebigrazz.gif

At the moment I think we're in the observation phase rimshot.gif

Yes but we don't like to have a manager for more than 2 seasons. If we go two games without a win we are calling for the managers help. We all want to win something but to do that we may have to put up with top 6 finishes for a few seasons first. We need a stable club, a club with the finances in the right place, the personnel in the right place not only in the team and backroom staff but also ready to step in when a player becomes no good anymore.

We have none of this in place all we have is a chairman who will throw money (which we don't have) at the situation to keep season ticket holders happy so they keep buying (ie Owen) and the fans fall for it every single time.

This is why I say I hate seeing thousands of fans greet a player it's just stupid we have won nothing and we don't look likly to win anything.

This is why Roeder becomming manager makes me think different. He is man who has seen the club from the kids level and from the top. He has done a good job at both of these levels and understands the fans (we're a complex bunch). He, I believe can come in and set out the club just like how I described. The fans will have to show some patience but I believe in the long run we will have a club who can challange for trophies (FA Cup, League Cup, UEFA) and from there progress to challanage for the league and Champions League. Look at Arsenal, Liverpool and even Spurs are heading that way. It's the only way to be a success.

A bit of realism wouldn't go amiss here.  We don't have a divine right to demand the best managers in the world, we're not even one of the top 4 clubs in England.  For all we know we may have asked all the best managers available and they said no.  Roeder might the best available and is a darn sight better than the Curbishleys of this world imo.

Personally I'm waiting till I see the club's press release.  This site's been full of rubbish about the next manager for weeks and months!

Guest makemeacupoftea

A bit of realism wouldn't go amiss here.  We don't have a divine right to demand the best managers in the world, we're not even one of the top 4 clubs in England.  For all we know we may have asked all the best managers available and they said no.  Roeder might the best available and is a darn sight better than the Curbishleys of this world imo.

Personally I'm waiting till I see the club's press release.  This site's been full of rubbish about the next manager for weeks and months!

I am waiting too

Yes but we don't like to have a manager for more than 2 seasons. If we go two games without a win we are calling for the managers help. We all want to win something but to do that we may have to put up with top 6 finishes for a few seasons first. We need a stable club, a club with the finances in the right place, the personnel in the right place not only in the team and backroom staff but also ready to step in when a player becomes no good anymore.

We have none of this in place all we have is a chairman who will throw money (which we don't have) at the situation to keep season ticket holders happy so they keep buying (ie Owen) and the fans fall for it every single time.

This is why I say I hate seeing thousands of fans greet a player it's just stupid we have won nothing and we don't look likly to win anything.

This is why Roeder becomming manager makes me think different. He is man who has seen the club from the kids level and from the top. He has done a good job at both of these levels and understands the fans (we're a complex bunch). He, I believe can come in and set out the club just like how I described. The fans will have to show some patience but I believe in the long run we will have a club who can challange for trophies (FA Cup, League Cup, UEFA) and from there progress to challanage for the league and Champions League. Look at Arsenal, Liverpool and even Spurs are heading that way. It's the only way to be a success.

I agree with most of what you say. However we are in the middle of yet another managerial change at the moment anyway. If we employ a high calibre man, with experience and give him time then there is no reason why success should not come. If we give the job to Glenn, I suspect we will be back in a similar situation in a year or two. Make the change now, bring in a manager for a long term appointment now. The window of opportunity is here, in my opinion Roeder’s appointment is not a step forward more the easy alternative.

Which brings me back to the point, what top class manager will want to come to us. The World Cup is here so plenty of national jobs will be available soon, the Real job is up for grabs, the England job is up for grabs. The job of the person who gets the England job is up for grabs. Why would anyone rather come to us than go there especially if they really are a top class coach.

Which brings me back to the point, what top class manager will want to come to us. The World Cup is here so plenty of national jobs will be available soon, the Real job is up for grabs, the England job is up for grabs. The job of the person who gets the England job is up for grabs. Why would anyone rather come to us than go there especially if they really are a top class coach.

No arguing with that although I did think we might be able to get O'Neil.

Not as negative about this as some, in fact I think he'll do a decent job and we'll challenge for Top 4 next year under him, though I doubt we'll actually make the CL spots. His time at West Ham is massively overcriticised. He lost his two key players for extended periods and basically had no strikers for most of the season.

Seems a very clever guy and has been very impressive in almost everything he's done since taking over. Does he have what it takes to turn us into a club challenging at the very top of the Premiership? Maybe not, but he has earned his chance to some extent, and I feel 100% more positive about his appointment than I did about Souness.

Dis appointed in Freddy Shepherd, as he claims he was going to find us a proven world class manager, but has appointed a relatively unknown quantity. Luckily for him, I believe Roeder's up to the job.

I can think of more than 3 coaches who are better than Roeder who will be available in the summer.

I really can't get my head around giving him the job, I feel on par now to how I did when we employed Souness.

What a complete, clueless cunt Shephard is...

Are you kidding me? One day someone will be successful here and he will attain immortality. How much potential is there here? Agreed it's a challenge but it's the kind of challenge competitive people live for. Christ, FS said that 12 top applicants had applied for the job within 24 hours of GS getting the push.

I can think of more than 3 coaches who are better than Roeder who will be available in the summer.

I really can't get my head around giving him the job, I feel on par now to how I did when we employed Souness.

What a complete, clueless **** Shephard is...

Don't think about them, name them. It's a discussion board thats how it works :)

No arguing with that although I did think we might be able to get O'Neil.

Would that have been such a good thing though in my opinion no but then thats just me.

Well, lets not start that debate, I think we've been there enough times on this forum! :winking:

Are you kidding me? One day someone will be successful here and he will attain immortality. How much potential is there here? Agreed it's a challenge but it's the kind of challenge competitive people live for. Christ, FS said that 12 top applicants had applied for the job within 24 hours of GS getting the push.

You know that and I know that cause we're fans but most managers want to be seen as a success and go for that any money. Why fanny out with bad tempered fans who turn on you after 3 games when you can get money and success dead quick by taking over a job like Madrid or an international role.

This isn't fucking Mortal Kombat, sunshine.  :lol:

What a complete, clueless **** Shephard is...

Don't think about them, name them. It's a discussion board thats how it works :)

Hitzfeld

Scolari

Sven

Mancini

O'Neill

Deuchamps

Le Guen (Could have if Freddie moved quicker)

Thats just off the top of my head, It seems Freddie put all his eggs in one basket with O'Neill with no thouight of a back up which has left us with Roeder.

A joke.

You know that and I know that cause we're fans but most managers want to be seen as a success and go for that any money. Why fanny out with bad tempered fans who turn on you after 3 games when you can get money and success dead quick by taking over a job like Madrid or an international role.

Apart from Souey and Ruud boy I can't remember too many managers being given a hard time here. Don't give us too bad a press.  Still think there are a hell of alot of potential top managers and a hell of alot less top jobs up for grabs this summer.

If Glenn get it, I'll support him, ffs I supported the last nugget for a while, I just honestly feel we could and should be doing better.

This isn't fucking Mortal Kombat, sunshine. :lol:

laugh.gif