West Ham fined £5.5million

Belfast Boy

Got off lightly if they stay up. If they don't, that's a hefty fine.

I hope they don't stay up, so a big points deduction and a penalty next season to go with it would have done just nicely.

I'm wondering how they have the authority, in law, to fine anyone. I'd be taking it to the courts if I was in charge of West 'am.

Maybe the "fine" will be in the form of withdrawing the prize money all Premiership clubs get for finish in their respective league positions? If its the PL that pays this prize money to the clubs, then they must be in a legal position to withdraw that money if their rules are broken.

Tap Tevez up now whilst theres still a chance! It reads as though hell be on a free transfer, or hes free to sign for anyone as long as MSI transfer his contract over to the club.

yes I agree with that.

So Tevez can't play either until they sign him properly?

That's them down then.

From the official West Ham site:

Following discussions with the FA Premier League, West Ham United can confirm that Carlos Tevez is available for selection for the rest of the season, including tomorrow's game against Wigan Athletic.

The actual registration of Carlos Tevez has not been called into question and he remains a West Ham United player approved by the Premier League.