I'd like to keep and back Roeder next season - Top 6 in my opinion

Guest graemeh72

We "trounced" spurs did we? It must mean something different here. Does it mean "somehow we scraped to a win when we were getting completely bummed for the majority of the game" ? If so then I apologise and you are indeed correct, we trounced them!

3-1 and should have been more at home, another 3 goals at WHL in a fortuitous win granted.

They were beaten twice at home in 2006, 3-1 both times, should have been more both times and I think they were possibly the worst side that Year, on two occassions, quite an achievement.

Please ignore all salient points as often as possible, Im sure it'll get you through til Happy Day.

We got VERY lucky in the Martins wonder goal game. Although I am sure they are gutted as they fight for a UEFA cup place while we hope we can struggle over the line into the intertoto cup!

Guest Nappy Rash

Well I doubt anyone would have picked that as their first X1 at the start of the season would they :uglystupid2:

I thoughy you being a flawed and failed writer you'd be familiar with hyperbole  :coolsmiley:

Guest Nappy Rash

We got VERY lucky in the Martins wonder goal game. Although I am sure they are gutted as they fight for a UEFA cup place while we hope we can struggle over the line into the intertoto cup!

Absolutely, but we murdered them at home and they're not that good.

They're just lucky they have only had one decent player injured for a decent period.

How many goals has their wonderous England laden defence seived in? Im sure that would be my worry if I was London Mackem.

Guest graemeh72

Given

tbc taylor tbc tbc

Milner Butt Parker Duff

Owen Martins

---------------

if the tbcs are average and above, then that side will get in the top 6

I think lack of European football will actually help the club

The UEFA cup has been a distraction over the past few years and what with the Thursday/Sunday thing it doesn't do anything to help our league form.

less matches and a smaller squad, will help the club consolidate and rebuild its confidence - I think Robsons turning point was when we got knocked out of the Intertoto first round.

Absolutely, but we murdered them at home and they're not that good.

They're just lucky they have only had one decent player injured for a decent period.

How many goals has their wonderous England laden defence seived in? Im sure that would be my worry if I was London Mackem.

They have built up a squad able to cope with injuries. If they had their 2 best strikers out all season they would be left with Mido and Defoe. If we did we would be left with Sibierski and Ameobi!

Well I doubt anyone would have picked that as their first X1 at the start of the season would they :uglystupid2:

I thoughy you being a flawed and failed writer you'd be familiar with hyperbole  :coolsmiley:

Talking to me?

Guest Nappy Rash

They have built up a squad able to cope with injuries. If they had their 2 best strikers out all season they would be left with Mido and Defoe. If we did we would be left with Sibierski and Ameobi!

Yet they have one defender out for a decent period and they're leaking goals at a rate the media would have you believe we always have  :idiot2: mackems.gif

If building a squad means signing shit loads of CM's then you're quite correct  :lol:

Yet they have one defender out for a decent period and they're leaking goals at a rate the media would have you believe we always have  :idiot2: mackems.gif

If building a squad means signing shit loads of CM's then you're quite correct  :lol:

They are above us in the league and went further than us in the UEFA cup. Keep using injuries as an excuse but its clear we play better when Roeder doesn't have many choices to make.

If building a squad means signing s*** loads of CM's then you're quite correct  :lol:

They are above us in the league and went further than us in the UEFA cup. Keep using injuries as an excuse but its clear we play better when Roeder doesn't have many choices to make.

Thats more likely to give him a centre parting than sink in.

Allardyce, Sven etc etc  - no thanks

I take Sven any day over Roeder. Sven is a great manager, who was never going to be loved as manager for England, and he did do a good job.

My problem with Roeder is; 

- We look better the less available players we have. The kids looks more motivated than the "first team" players.

- It seems for me that him and his backroom staff cant motivate the players. We only look decent against the top5 sides.

- His tactics often fail, and he is a soft version of Souness. Think the only reason we did great under him last season.

- Cant see Roeder here in the future, and I dont think the players can either = Dont think the players have faith in him.

- He needs to learn of the big bosses, when talking to the press. You dont go out in the middle of the season saying lots of players is going to be shipped out of the club.

- Dont think Roeder can attract big name signings. Cant see noone joining because we got Roeder.

Think Svennis would be a great manager for us, and he is a manager I can see stay with us for a 5 year+  time. I also think Svennis has alot of the things Roeder lacks, and he(Sven) is more proffesional + He can attract big name signings. He can also attract media attention, and get the focus of the players and on him, something which is a good thing. Just watch what Mourinho is doing.

Guest Nappy Rash

They got a fuckin bye man, they played the same number of games you nugget  :lol:

Im not usuing injuries as an excuse, Im pointing out that with one key player out, their super squad you're raving about has leaked goals at an alarming rate.

Now imagine if they had 4 or 5 key players out, never mind 8 and 9  :coolsmiley:

Guest graemeh72

Yet they have one defender out for a decent period and they're leaking goals at a rate the media would have you believe we always have :idiot2: mackems.gif

If building a squad means signing s*** loads of CM's then you're quite correct :lol:

Its actually not that clear as there are other variables, such as players pulling together in adversity etc - players trying to prove a point, youngsters enthusiasm.

Huntingdon is used on one hand as an example of how good we are when Roeder doesn't have a choice - but equally as an example of how bad we are against Brum (as a reminder the lad was absofuckingltely taken to the cleaners for 90mins).

I went to Portsmouth the other week - and I'll tell you now - that performance was nowt to do with Roeder and everything to do with gutless players in b&w shirts.

For me I have to agree with someone who posted on here yesterday

We have to focus on what we ultimtely really want and that is all out attacking football.

What gets me about Roeder is I just cant see what his style is - I can never seem to work out what they have been working on in training all week.

We need a manager whose philosophy is to play attacking football and that goals win games - not if you dont conced you dont lose.

I dont think there is anyone out there now who is so open to it all like Keegan was but we have to try and find someone as similar to him as possible because we all remember how great it was to watch his team play.

Get that back and people might start smiling again

Guest redmayne

We have to focus on what we ultimtely really want and that is all out attacking football.

What gets me about Roeder is I just cant see what his style is - I can never seem to work out what they have been working on in training all week.

We need a manager whose philosophy is to play attacking football and that goals win games - not if you dont conced you dont lose.

I dont think there is anyone out there now who is so open to it all like Keegan was but we have to try and find someone as similar to him as possible because we all remember how great it was to watch his team play.

perhaps glen roeder should ask glen roeder what his style should be - hee seems to need to refer to the other Glen Roeder when anything difficult is asked

Its actually not that clear as there are other variables, such as players pulling together in adversity etc - players trying to prove a point, youngsters enthusiasm.

Huntingdon is used on one hand as an example of how good we are when Roeder doesn't have a choice - but equally as an example of how bad we are against Brum (as a reminder the lad was absofuckingltely taken to the cleaners for 90mins).

I went to Portsmouth the other week - and I'll tell you know - that performance was nowt to do with Roeder and everything to do with gutless players in b&w shirts.

Using Huntington as an example of anything other than Roeder being out of his depth is amazing, he was skinned for virtually all of the 90 minutes he was on the pitch yet he stayed on for that long, he should have been taken off after the first 15 minutes.

Guest Nappy Rash

I dont want all out attacking football, just as I dont want to win the Fa Cup over the league, or win 4-3 as opposed to 1-0 and any other cliche dickheads would have us believe.

What I want to see is improvement, which hopefully long term will lead to success.

Guest redmayne

If building a squad means signing s*** loads of CM's then you're quite correct  :lol:

I went to Portsmouth the other week - and I'll tell you now - that performance was nowt to do with Roeder and everything to do with gutless players in b&w shirts.

so maybe the manager isn't responsible for the team anymore - come on man !!!  he has to take the blame he's in a very priviliged position and has to take the responsibility that comes with it - and to ften this year its been a mess out there

Sheppard will give Roeder the whole of next season as long as it looks like we are not going to get relegated. If Roeder fails to get us into Europe, or even if he does, he will apoint Alan Shearer as our new manager because by that time he will have his badges and had his "break". 

Guest graemeh72

Deluded absolutely deluded  :idiot2:

Sorry to shatter your dreams but the Premier League has changed (quite a bit) in the past 11 years

I dont want all out attacking football, just as I dont want to win the Fa Cup over the league, or win 4-3 as opposed to 1-0 and any other cliche dickheads would have us believe.

What I want to see is improvement, which hopefully long term will lead to success.

I think we are all in agreement with the 2nd point but we got improvement under SBR but ultimately just ended in disappointment. We had success to an extent by getting qualification to the Champions League.

Anyone any idea how to continue that improvement when you change your manager instead of going back to the start????