now what????any hope????

Guest Harry-Norway

Guest Harry-Norway

I have just put the telly OFF after a new boring NU game,can it be worse then it is??? :'(

We havent scored goals for how long-6-7 houers???

We are coming over for the weekend to see the match against Rovers,we are 10 Toon supportes-6 kids who is my fault supporting Toon. :-[

We are spending a lot of money for plane,hotels and match ticktes,and i sure hope NU show us a better preformens then they did to night.  :clap:

The only thing i can promise the 9 other Toon fans from Norway is the fantastic atmosphere at St.James and spesical from TOON ARMY. O0

I hope all you Toon fans can give us a good time and memorie f rom St.James,because i have no big hopes for GR and the players who have disapointed us the hole season. :smitten:

Give us Big Sam please for the future :clap:

i have been a Toon fan for about 35 years and are still waiting for some silverware,but will never see any with GR by the weel

See you all on Sauterday.we are seated in the west corner

TOON 4 EVER

I have just put the telly OFF after a new boring NU game,can it be worse then it is??? :'(

We havent scored goals for how long-6-7 houers???

We are coming over for the weekend to see the match against Rovers,we are 10 Toon supportes-6 kids who is my fault supporting Toon. :-[

We are spending a lot of money for plane,hotels and match ticktes,and i sure hope NU show us a better preformens then they did to night.  :clap:

The only thing i can promise the 9 other Toon fans from Norway is the fantastic atmosphere at St.James and spesical from TOON ARMY. O0

I hope all you Toon fans can give us a good time and memorie f rom St.James,because i have no big hopes for GR and the players who have disapointed us the hole season. :smitten:

Give us Big Sam please for the future :clap:

i have been a Toon fan for about 35 years and are still waiting for some silverware,but will never see any with GR by the weel

See you all on Sauterday.we are seated in the west corner

TOON 4 EVER

You're better of staying home.. Seriously..

Guest Harry-Norway

its to late to stay home,have orderd plane ,hotel and tickets,anyway we can spend some money on beer

Guest RocknRoll

I hope you have a great time in the North East. 

The city will show you a good time no matter what happens on the field.. hopefully it's a good day at St James for you  O0

Actually, that's just given me a thought there. When Dalglish came in, that Keegan team had no doubt reached it's peak. I know we sold the likes of Ferdinand & Ginola, but if you look at other key players from that Keegan team (Srnicek, Albert, Watson, Beresford, Howey, Peacock, Lee [still good but nowhere near the player he was] & Batty),were nowt like the players they were in the previous 2-3 years, and it was always going to be a tough job for whoever came in. That manager went then in came Gullit who had the tough challenge of trying to get us back into the top 6...he failed. However, both managers left a foundation for Robson to build on. Players like Given, Dabizas, Speed, Hughes who'd broke into the side, Solano, Dyer, Shearer etc...something where 2 or 3 signings of quality would turn us into a pretty good side. In came the likes of Bellamy, Robert, Distin, Jenas & Woodgate and look what happened. Top 4 again. However, just like under Keegan before him, the team had reached it's peak and no matter who came in was going to find it tough. Just like with Dalglish & Gullit, two new men tried and failed, but for someone like Allardyce, again, with 2-3 signings there's something to play with. Players brought in like Emre, Parker, Owen, Martins & Duff all have ability. Add to that, and have a manager with a bit of tactical nous about him, and maybe Allardyce will follow Keegan & Robson?

Actually, that's just given me a thought there. When Dalglish came in, that Keegan team had no doubt reached it's peak. I know we sold the likes of Ferdinand & Ginola, but if you look at other key players from that Keegan team (Srnicek, Albert, Watson, Beresford, Howey, Peacock, Lee [still good but nowhere near the player he was]), it was always going to be a tough job for whoever came in. That manager went then in came Gullit who had the tough challenge of trying to get us back into the top 6...he failed. However, both managers left a foundation for Robson to build on. Players like Given, Dabizas, Speed, Hughes who'd broke into the side, Solano, Dyer, Shearer etc...something where 2 or 3 signings of quality would turn us into a pretty good side. In came the likes of Bellamy, Robert, Distin, Jenas & Woodgate and look what happened. Top 4 again. However, just like under Keegan before him, the team had reached it's peak and no matter who came in was going to find it tough. Just like with Dalglish & Gullit, two new men tried and failed, but for someone like Allardyce, again, with 2-3 signings there's something to play with. Players brought in like Emre, Parker, Owen, Martins & Duff all have ability. Add to that, and have a manager with a bit of tactical nous about him, and maybe Allardyce will follow Keegan & Robson?

We have to hope so.

I am convinced that we have a decent squad of players that with the odd tweak here and there, can challenge the top 6 spots.