Who is the most overrated player in Europe?

Guest nufc_geordie

Shocked to see Pirlos name crop up so much TBH. Pirlo for me is one of the best passers in the world. An unsung hero at club and international level if anything.

Remember this is the same guy who is a world cup and champions league winner, for me he is the much needed link in the Milan and Italian side.

He is an ugly bugger though!

Shocked to see Pirlos name crop up so much TBH. Pirlo for me is one of the best passers in the world. An unsung hero at club and international level if anything.

Remember this is the same guy who is a world cup and champions league winner, for me he is the much needed link in the Milan and Italian side.

He is an ugly bugger though!

Class player, but hes had a few shockingly bad performances in big crunch games at club level.

Guest Magpiecn

Lukas Podolski

He won the youngster prize in world cup,but hes down  in Bayern , and  just kicks goals for Germany international. May be Magath didnt know how to teach him,but I disappoint him for this season.

Guest Peter.Sthlm

2. All the squad players in Liverpool like Mascherano, Aurelio, Arbeola, Gonazles etc. - They are all s*** and the main reason why they will never win the league under Benitez.

Haha, are you serious?

Absolutly. He was really shitty in the SB game, great in the Anfield game but hasen't impressed in the preimership. He's been okay in the 3-4 games I've seen him play for LFC in the Premiership but was really shity for WH. When he came to WH I expected him to become one of the leading stars in the premiership after seeing him in the WC. Untill he delivers week in and week out I'm never gonna rate him as a great player. He has shown he has the potential but still has alot to prove imo.

Guest brewer

1. Steven Taylor

2. Frank Lampard

3. Oba Martins

Steven Taylor? If you'd said that a few months ago, I could understand it (a bit), but now?

My choices -

1. Cristiano Ronaldo - he's a very good player, but he's still got a fair bit to learn about when to keep and when to release the ball. Not anywhere near the best in the world yet.

2. Michael Owen - again, a good player who poses a threat, but he hasn't lived up to the reputation that he built up in the early stages of his career.

3. David Beckham - not sure how you'd define his reputation right now, but I have never known a footballer where the gap between his standing in the game and his actual ability was so huge.

Oh no don't dare say such a thing, the posse will round on you now.

Maybe I'm being a bit reactive. I just thought he played like a great big egotistical jerk last night. Whereas Paul Scholes - who really should have been Footballer of the Year - gave a magnificent performance in a midfield that was being overrun.

Don't worry mate I'm firmly in your corner and stand by everything that I've originally said about Ronaldo when he's up against top class opposition and last night proved it again.

He clearly wasn't fit tbh.

Also all of the other big games he has done nothing in? not fit then as well. Last night proved when he's against top class opposition and they suss him out he just looses his rag like he did towards the end as he cannot get past such players with ease like he can against most teams over here.

No player ever in the world has played well in every big game they've played in, including Ronaldo, yet I could name you a shitload Ronaldo has, the argument is a piss poor one, like it was for Henry for ages.

For a start, as I've mentioned before he was the best young player in the past two international tournaments (and yes he was better than Shrek in 2004) and he's been MOTM in all three finals Man U have played since he's joined them.

As for the original question, I'd say English players in general.

Especially the midfield 'drivers', the ones who apparently 'take games by the scruff of the neck and drive them on'. I mean the Gerrard, Barton, Nolan, etc. players. I don't know if people are aware of this, but a simple pass is equally as effective as one of those amazing driving runs, such is why the likes of Pirlo and Xavi et al will always be a class above the majority of English midfielders.

Absolutly. He was really shitty in the SB game, great in the Anfield game but hasen't impressed in the preimership. He's been okay in the 3-4 games I've seen him play for LFC in the Premiership but was really shity for WH. When he came to WH I expected him to become one of the leading stars in the premiership after seeing him in the WC. Untill he delivers week in and week out I'm never gonna rate him as a great player. He has shown he has the potential but still has alot to prove imo.

It was going to take him a while to settle into English football anyway, imagine doing it in a shockingly bad West Ham side.  It's not like he even got any chances anyway, he hardly ever made the team.

Guest thebigfella

oba martins!!!!!!! snap there hands of 4 15 million!!!!! could buy darren bent 4 that.......