UEFA Under 17 European Championship

NUFC06

Anyone watching this?

I watched today's game between England and Belgium

It finished 1:1

In the England squad there were some very good players

This Daniel Rose guy played too.We were linked with him not so long ago.

He is playing at LM and he is similar to N'Zogbia

In the 1st half he was England's best player.Made alot of crosses,hit the barr and assisted for the England's goal

Some of the other English players that needs mentioning are:Rhys Murphy(playing for Arsenal).That boy is really talented,good skills and pace.Very promising

Krystian Pearce(playing for Birmingam).At 17 he has very good physique.Can become really powerful CB

In the England team played Michael Woods.This is the lad who signed for Chelsea from Leeds.

I must say that i wasnt impressed with him.I was expecting more considering the fact that he is in Mourihno plans for the future.He also made his debut for them this season

I wasnt impressed with him in this game though

He is looking very similar to Sidwell in his looks,especially the red hair...

The other intersting thing is that when i was searching in the FA site and i was looking at the U-16,U-17,U-18,U-19 and U-20 squads we dont have a single player representing England :(

I think thats shows that our academy system dont produce as many young english players as we should like.

This tournament is always interesting when you see that the likes of Rooney,Cristiano Ronaldo,Torres and Nasri played in that tournament before.

im watching it on Eurosport

I will SKY+ them games now.

I also check out TheFa.com list for 'U' internationals as well, the lists make shocking reading. I take the Fred Shep view on little clubs, I ain't fooking interested in them. I would poach as many young decent players as possible off them, esp 'U' internationals with non-premiership clubs.

Watched the England vs France game, it finished 1:0 England and Victor Moses got the goal.

Players who impressed:

18. Mamadou Sakho (PSG) - CB - Captain (leadership potential), drives out from defence with ball, in control of the defence (ushered them out and was constantly shouting), tight marker and has a powerful header at both ends of the field (wins most of them as well).

6. Omar Benzerga (Lille) - CM - driving force of the midfield and excellent through balls for the pacy attackers.

15. Henri Saivet (Bordeaux) - LM/ST - fast, skillful, good control and dribbling ability.

6. Jordan Spence (West Ham) - CB - Captain (leadership potential), excellent tackler and ability to read game (anticipation). 

8. Danny Rose (Leeds) - LM - fast, agile, close dribbling, strong for size, intelligent play and decision making and can deliver a great cross.

2. Seth Ofori-Twumasi (Chelsea) - RB - strong, defends well (basics), but prone to giving away freekicks in dangerous areas.

10. Victor Moses (Crystal Palace) - ST - reminded me of Oba Martins, strong and links up play well.

Apparently none of our scouts are watching the tournament(no surprise though as we've got no scout at all) but is there a better chance to spot talents than youth top class tournaments? There's always a risk involved but these guys are very cheap in general and willing to improve by joining a high profile club like us.

I'm not sure but was it Tim Krul who caught our attention with his performaces for Ducth U17 team...(and he was signed by Sir Bobby?)

Didn't we pick up Viana and the smogs Maccarone after one of these tournaments?

Okay...I've got the point! But in Maccarone's case Boro signed him for big money(9million?) and he was already a star in Serie A! Viana's still a decent player but couldn't adapt to Premier League and clearly he wasn't scouted good enough(but we just had to sign him before top European clubs because we always do that without a proper research)

Didn't we pick up Viana and the smogs Maccarone after one of these tournaments?

Okay...I've got the point! But in Maccarone's case Boro signed him for big money(9million?)

9M  ? HAH.. wait, that is still less than we paid for Luque  :-X