Now for Freddy Shepherd to resign

Guest Knightrider

Whilst we don't have the full facts yet, we can assume that Shepherd probably requested Roeder to resign because of the following things:

* Inability to improve the club's fortunes

* Inability to bring in the right men for the job

* Lack of support from the fans

Perhaps Shepherd should now face the music and turn the same criteria onto himself; because ultimately, it isn't just the managers who have failed to tick the above boxes over the past few seasons...

Guest kiwi

No one will except those of us who have experienced the managerial dross and greed is good boards of a bye gone era.

FS is getting better at keeping his mouth shut. He will have to be bought out as resignation is of no value and the alternative appointments to FS from major shareholders would drive me to support Sunderland.

NE5 is correct in that infrastructure and financial structure with a burgeoning accademy see us heading in the right direction.

But manager wise consider this

1. Keegan did not have full control over the players.

2. Dalgliesh tried to restructure the defence at the expense of the attack.

3. Gullit was just not on our wavelength and úpset'some players.

4. SBR finally lost the tactical plot and considering his health I am very sympathetic - player problems too.

5. Souness came in as a disciplinarian, got rid of a few players who have done nothing since they left but had injuries and lack of tactical nouse.

6. Roeder performed a miracle after Souness and it seems the players got behind him, until the going got tough this season. Roeder had, at one time, less than 11 ist team players fit. Yet in the short time he was here we (some) treated him unfairly, yet he has a better win record with us than SBR. I'm glad he has resigned - no one should be treated the way he has been by 'fans'. Yes I know he was deficient in some areas but very few fans choose to understand the problems he inherited or the severity of injuries.

Whoever follows needs a cast iron contract because unless we are in Europe every year he has no chance.

Could you imagine these two as solicitors? "Well aye he did stab him 37 times until every last bit of blood was gone from his body but that Ted Bundy was a lot worse!" "I have been defending these cases since you were a lad, you have probably one seen the Bill a few times..."

Christ, it's the Waldorf and Statler show again. 

"Nice of you to explain that, but he won't understand it."

"Yeah me and you know best because we're the oldest and have been going for years.  As long as it's better than it was 20 years ago, everything's hunky dory."

Boring as fuck.

Aye, you certainly are. Why don't you post your nonsense on Skunkers and see what other match going supporters make of your daft views.

Nobody thinks the Board haven't made mistakes but the typical copy and paste slating of the Board on this forum no matter what they do is the real boring stuff.

"Yeah me and you know best because we're the oldest and have been going for years.  As long as it's better than it was 20 years ago, everything's hunky dory."

Boring as fuck.

Aye, you certainly are. Why don't you post your nonsense on Skunkers and see what other match going supporters make of your daft views.

Nobody thinks the Board haven't made mistakes but the typical copy and paste slating of the Board on this forum no matter what they do is the real boring stuff.

The typical copy and paste defending of the Board on this forum no matter what they do rocks my world though.

Boring as fuck.

The typical copy and paste defending of the Board on this forum no matter what they do rocks my world though.

:laugh:

As usual you have no grasp of what people are really saying.

Guest Gemmill

Boring as fuck.

Was that your point in the other thread re Skunkers then?  I couldn't give a fuck what people on there think of what I've got to say.  My only experience of the people on Skunkers are the ones who turn up on here from time to time and give it the "I've been going forever and it's not what it used to be.  You're all young and crap." bit, like you do on here.  Nobody gives a shite.  You're like a bunch of old queens.

Guest Gemmill

Let's see if we can keep this one on topic guys.

Ok Andrew. :razz: I shall fall silent.

Boring as fuck.

Was that your point in the other thread re Skunkers then?  I couldn't give a fuck what people on there think of what I've got to say.  My only experience of the people on Skunkers are the ones who turn up on here from time to time and give it the "I've been going forever and it's not what it used to be.  You're all young and crap." bit, like you do on here.  Nobody gives a shite.  You're like a bunch of old queens.

Here you go again, making stuff up as you go along. There is only one type of "supporter" I don't like and it's nowt to do with age, but don't let the truth get in the way eh.

Link to where I've ever said this please..... :laugh:

Guest geordiebaz

As much as I dislike Shepherd the fact of the matter is he s the better of two evils.

Its not just as simple as him resigning, if he did then there would only be one choice to succeed him and thats Douglas Hall, in the absence of a take over then the choice is Shepherd or Hall

Shepherd will never leave as long as 10s of thousands of blindly optimistic cretins renew their season tickets.

And they will, in spite of all their moaning.

You get what you deserve.

you are absolutely right.

When we have a s*** board and only 15,000 fans, he will be forced out. However, while we have 30-40,000 fans happy to pay the money for what they are seeing, it won't happen.

Think about it. I realise it may be difficult.

In the meantime, what do you think of the "timing" of Roeders removal ? And what do you/people think of giving the next manager the whole summer to settle into the job, or are you going to say "they should have given Roeder a chance to see if he started next season better"

Nowt surprises me.

Oh, and Ameobi is back and so he may have succeeded  mackems.gif

Errr I have thought about it.

Thats why I wrote the post in the first place. You know the post you choose to reply to :coolsmiley:

As for the bit below the part I have highlighted

A I didn't mention Roeder at all.

B Why have you projected my 2 possible answers? Is it because you want to put words in my mouth then argue against what you think I'd say?

Anyway I hereby declare  :hijack: by NE5 and his leg humping mate HTL

Guest Knightrider

HTL, still think FS should review his own position? Or has Roeder resigning and not being sacked, saved his bacon in your eyes? That's 5 managers in his 9 years as Chairman now, all either sacked or resigned, all failing bar Sir Bobby. In any walk of life that type of record is a poor one and should be questioned.

Guest kiwi

Those who can -do. Those who can't -teach.

All failing except Sir Bobby! Sorry but the stats say otherwise - Roeders % win/loss/draw is better than SBR's - or the Chronicle stats dept has it wrong.

Guest Hibbits left foot

All failing except Sir Bobby! Sorry but the stats say otherwise - Roeders % win/loss/draw is better than SBR's - or the Chronicle stats dept has it wrong.

Yeah but its who you win draw lose against Sir Bob took us from near relegation back to the Champions league, and had us playing good football again.

Guest Knightrider

Our position in the table and the fact he's resigned suggests those stats mean zero, which is correct.

I should be Newcastle manager, my record as the club's head coach is amazing. I'm undefeated as Toon boss which is better than Bobby who lost games.

Has about as much value as those stats. Who cares about Roeder's stats being better than Bobby's. SBR brought more success, and had us in the Top 5 on three occasions in three seasons.

Guest Phil K

Agreed.

How many times have you f****d up Freddy ?

Here is a man who replaced Bobby (who really should have been moved upstairs the previous season) with a knacker of a manager who had taken another Prem club to the brink of relegation - whose fans were DELIGHTED to be getting rid of him ! Then replaced HIM with a manager who had relegated his previous two clubs !

How can a chairman be so MONUMENTALLY stupid ? :tickedoff:

I simply cannot believe Leazes and HTL walked out of that joke on Saturday saying to themselves 'well that was another monumentally underwhelming season, but nothing like as shit as <insert reference to worse season 20+ years ago>, it'll do for me!'.

It's not about where we could be, it's where we should be.

*Runs*

HTL, still think FS should review his own position? Or has Roeder resigning and not being sacked, saved his bacon in your eyes? That's 5 managers in his 9 years as Chairman now, all either sacked or resigned, all failing bar Sir Bobby. In any walk of life that type of record is a poor one and should be questioned.

Yes.

Happy?

Shepherd will never leave as long as 10s of thousands of blindly optimistic cretins renew their season tickets.

And they will, in spite of all their moaning.

You get what you deserve.

you are absolutely right.

When we have a s*** board and only 15,000 fans, he will be forced out. However, while we have 30-40,000 fans happy to pay the money for what they are seeing, it won't happen.

Think about it. I realise it may be difficult.

In the meantime, what do you think of the "timing" of Roeders removal ? And what do you/people think of giving the next manager the whole summer to settle into the job, or are you going to say "they should have given Roeder a chance to see if he started next season better"

Nowt surprises me.

Oh, and Ameobi is back and so he may have succeeded  mackems.gif

Errr I have thought about it.

Thats why I wrote the post in the first place. You know the post you choose to reply to :coolsmiley:

As for the bit below the part I have highlighted

A I didn't mention Roeder at all.

B Why have you projected my 2 possible answers? Is it because you want to put words in my mouth then argue against what you think I'd say?

Anyway I hereby declare  :hijack: by NE5 and his leg humping mate HTL

wtf are you on about sunshine?

I'd say you've just hijacked the thread with that pile of shite.

Yes.

Happy?

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/281/happyfacehappyfacesmileky2.jpg

;)

Guest Knightrider

Yes.

Happy?

Yes you do think he should now review his own position or yes Roeder resigning has saved his bacon?

I simply cannot believe Leazes and HTL walked out of that joke on Saturday saying to themselves 'well that was another monumentally underwhelming season, but nothing like as shit as <insert reference to worse season 20+ years ago>, it'll do for me!'.

It's not about where we could be, it's where we should be.

*Runs*

Any reason in particular why you're making stuff up, Dave?

If you've understood just a small percentage of the posts I've made over months about the state of the team you'll know that I would not be saying anything even close to, "it'll do for me".

Just carry on making stuff up but that puts you into the ranks of various other people on this forum who do nowt but waffle, lie and misrepresent posts simply because I don't childishly name-call and/or slag Fred or the Board.

I thought you were better than that but you live and learn.