Now for Freddy Shepherd to resign

Guest Knightrider

Guest Knightrider

HTL, agree regarding the timing thing to an extent, but surely the best time to replace a manager is at the end of a season so the new man has a full pre-season and a transfer window to work in?

Guest Knightrider

HTL is correct. If you get the correct bloke in, it doesn't matter about the timing (long term).

But what if due to not having a full pre-season to work with players and no transfer window to work in, hampers even the right man to the point where his first season is a write off and loses the fans and so on to the point of no return? Could have happened under SBR when he replaced Gullit if it wasn't for him being a Geordie and his vast experience. If that had been an up and coming good manager, could have killed his chances before they even got started.

The best time to replace any manager is at the end of a season, unless things are so drastic change is needed ASAP.

OK, so in spite of him doing everything he can to avoid saying it in so many words, HTL believes that Freddy should go (either that or he's hinting at option C).  Glad we've cleared that up - you're right I'm thick and needed it spelled out to me.  Just found it odd you were arguing tooth and nail with some people saying exactly the same thing as you on the matter, that's all.

Shepherd hasn't been as bad as some make out and was doing a good job up until 3 or 4 years ago, we had some low league finishes under him with Dalglish and Gullit but nobody blamed the board for Dalglish failing here, a few felt the board should have stuck by their manager (Gullit) over Shearer but not many, however these last few years he's really let it slip and if he was in any other profession he would have been sacked.

It all started when he undermined Sir Bobby, selling Speed and trying to sell Bowyer behind SBR back, refusing to buy Carrick and insisting we went for Butt instead, this is no way for a chairman to carry on, when Sir Bobby did leave the timing couldn't have been any worse, we were on par with Liverpool at the time yet they went about replacing their manager the right way, look at the difference in clubs now.

Then came Souness, why anyone would appoint him is beyond me, I take HTL's point that he may have been looking for a disciplinarian but he was rejected by Bruce and Allardyce first so I can't see that being the case, more likely who was left. Then he went on to back him with nearly £50 million only for it all to blow up in his face, he basically tried to cover his mistake by throwing money at the problem.

After he sacked Souness he said he wouldn't rush into an appointment as it was the most important in the clubs history, only to appoint Glenn Roeder! :lol: We all know what happened there, we're looking like we could finish with our lowest points tally since we've been back in the Premiership.

Shepherd puts his money where his mouth is and you can't knock him for that, however when it comes to football he really doesn't have a clue, which is why I've stated that I'd like to see a DOF/Technical director come in and run the football side of the club and leave the fat man to things like the ground extension and other projects like that.

When are you going to accept that the timing of replacing Robson wasn't the problem (although he should have gone sooner), the problem was the w****** selected as the replacement. Robson replaced Gullit at a similar stage of the season ffs and nobody complains about the timing of that.

Could it be because Dalglish was sacked with Gullit already lined up as his replacement where as Robson was sacked without anyone lined up?

BTW I haven't defended the Board at all, ever, so I've no reason to feel as though I'm backed into a corner. I'm well aware of the mistakes they've made and I've posted at length on that in the not too distant past, it seems you've missed those posts though by suggesting I have some kind of difficulty accepting criticism of the Board. The other reason I don't feel to be backed into a corner is that everything I've posted about the Board has been based on fact, not some kind of made up shite that floods this forum.

Fair enough. I think you do have difficulty accepting criticism of the board, we disagree. No problem.

The bit about "being better than that" is fairly obvious too. I think you've tried (and are stiill trying) to score some kind of daft point here by lying, which is more than a bit sad and not what I expected from you. From others, yes. On the other hand, perhaps you're like gejon and just don't understand a single thing I've been posting on this forum.

That was a joke mate. You know, where I take the piss a bit? I was trying to say that you've told me plenty of times on here and via PM that you think I lack integrity, you don't give a toss about my opinion etc, so why wouldn't you expect things of me? :lol:

Shepherd will never leave as long as 10s of thousands of blindly optimistic cretins renew their season tickets.

And they will, in spite of all their moaning.

You get what you deserve.

you are absolutely right.

When we have a s*** board and only 15,000 fans, he will be forced out. However, while we have 30-40,000 fans happy to pay the money for what they are seeing, it won't happen.

Think about it. I realise it may be difficult.

In the meantime, what do you think of the "timing" of Roeders removal ? And what do you/people think of giving the next manager the whole summer to settle into the job, or are you going to say "they should have given Roeder a chance to see if he started next season better"

Nowt surprises me.

Oh, and Ameobi is back and so he may have succeeded  mackems.gif

Errr I have thought about it.

Thats why I wrote the post in the first place. You know the post you choose to reply to :coolsmiley:

As for the bit below the part I have highlighted

A I didn't mention Roeder at all.

B Why have you projected my 2 possible answers? Is it because you want to put words in my mouth then argue against what you think I'd say?

Anyway I hereby declare  :hijack: by NE5 and his leg humping mate HTL

wtf are you on about sunshine?

I'd say you've just hijacked the thread with that pile of s****.

Considering this was on page 2 of this thread and having read thru 3 more pages of waffle I stand by original statement

Sunshine  :sunny:

If Shepherd had any thoughts for the club he'd resign but his feelings for the club shone through when he was forced to resign last time only to crawl back out of the gutter a few months later, the man has no shame and no feelings for the club he claims to support while doing everything to prove that he's not a supporter.

A supporter would have recognised the direction the club has taken under him and he would have done something about it, he spouts shit and repeats his mistakes.  He's incompetent at his job and those who back him must be aware of that, he's had 10 of the best years this club has ever had financially and he's pissed it away like some drunk (  :blush: ) on a Friday night.

If people want to support that then fine, you’re getting everything you deserve.

But according to HTL and grandfather NE5 Shepherd has done superb job at the club...

not content with making up opinions about the team without even seeing them play, you are making up comments that you say I have made.

Please direct us to what you say I have said.

But according to HTL and grandfather NE5 Shepherd has done superb job at the club...

They've said nothing of the sort!

What they do is consistently tell less knowledgable fans that once upon a time things were truly horrible, on a level that we as newer fans simply can't relate to.

They are happy to admit that the board has made significant mistakes especially the appointment of Souness.

And similarly, what they both do is remind people that Shepherd is not the embodiement of Satan himself, that despite all his media gaffes and poor appointments, he has still managed to do some good. And as HTL says - they acknowledge he can do better.

Now, I don't particularly wish to defend NE5 and HTL, but you are talking shite - they do not say Shepherd is doing a superb job.

thank you  8)

Hallelulah for someone who can read without making wild interpretations.

They've said nothing of the sort!

What they do is consistently tell less knowledgable fans that once upon a time things were truly horrible, on a level that we as newer fans simply can't relate to.

They are happy to admit that the board has made significant mistakes especially the appointment of Souness.

And similarly, what they both do is remind people that Shepherd is not the embodiement of Satan himself, that despite all his media gaffes and poor appointments, he has still managed to do some good. And as HTL says - they acknowledge he can do better.

Now, I don't particularly wish to defend NE5 and HTL, but you are talking shite - they do not say Shepherd is doing a superb job.

thank you  8)

Hallelulah for someone who can read without making wild interpretations.

Calm down grandfather.

Be careful not to wet your pants.

Your prostate is getting weaker with age.