An honourable man

Guest Brazilianbob

Guest Brazilianbob

In my view, regardless of what he has or has not done at NUFC, Glen Roeder is an honest and honourable man who has left because the fans have voiced their discontent, he has seen the writing on the wall and he has done the honourable thing and resigned rather than hang on and screw every penny out of the club, like some previous managers have done.  I applaud Glen Roeder and wish there were more men like him in the game.

I know this should be in the Glen Roeder appreciation thread, but I didn't want to place it in a thread where ignorant t*ats  are telling him to f*cK off, and calling him an arrogant c*nt etc.

How on earth can they say that?  They don't know the man well enough to make that judgement, or even at all, as I doubt they have had even one conversation with him.

Truth be told, I am probably as bad as them by judging them to be ignorant t*ats, when they are probably very intelligent professional people, it's just a shame it doesn't come across in their posts, but seeing as they seem to be allowed to judge Roeder, I assume I have that very same right to judge them.

Thanks for at least trying Glen, sorry it didn't work out.

Like I've said, don't praise him now, as we don't know the full details.

He might have done a Dalglish - said he'd resigned to save his dignity, the sue for constructive dismissal a couple of months down the line.

Now if he does a Gullit, ie resign, apologise, and not ask for a penny - now that is honourable.

Guest Magnetic North

Fair comment Brazilianbob.

I'd like to see more flak chucked at the players. They aren't clueless 6 year olds, we're talking experienced internationals in some cases! I find it astonishing how such a large group of underachieving professionals are spared the bulk of the criticism! In so many matches they let their manager down.  :rant:

Guest Brazilianbob

you make a snap judgement that he is an honourable man, just as much as i do that he's a c***.

one thing for sure, he's a liar, which doesn't help your version of him.

Well he has resigned, which seems to me an honourable thing to do.  Perhaps you don't know what it is to be honourable?

By the way, I do hope you have very strong evidence to prove he has lied, because if you go accusing people of lying, particularly in print, you will very soon find yourself in court accused of libel. 

Guest Brazilianbob

blah blah blah, the blokes a toss pot man. A nerdy cockney who can foook off back south

Insular tosser!

you make a snap judgement that he is an honourable man, just as much as i do that he's a c***.

one thing for sure, he's a liar, which doesn't help your version of him.

Well he has resigned, which seems to me an honourable thing to do.  Perhaps you don't know what it is to be honourable?

By the way, I do hope you have very strong evidence to prove he has lied, because if you go accusing people of lying, particularly in print, you will very soon find yourself in court accused of libel. 

he didn't resign until fat man was going to get rid, after WE kicked off. had he gone earlier, it might have been a valid argument, but if we hadn't started, he'd still be there.

as for the lying thing, thats well documented. i mean, glenn roeder will never blame injuries......

Guest Gemmill

Sorry like, but I don't think he's that great a bloke from what I've seen, and I don't think he'd have resigned without some pressure being applied by the board.  I'm glad he's gone.

Sorry like, but I don't think he's that great a bloke from what I've seen, and I don't think he'd have resigned without some pressure being applied by the board.  I'm glad he's gone.

He talked himself into the job as well, when probably his gut instinct was that he wasn't good enough. Muppet and grossly imcompetant. I really don't know where all this nice guy stuff comes from.

Guest Ridzuan

Ive read somewhere that he had pleaded to stay till Christmas and if Freddy wants to sack him,then he can do it.But sacking him at that point of time would be another disaster because it is the middle of the season and it is not good to hire a manager during that period.Therefore,resigning now would be a better option as it would give the new manager a chance to start right from the bottom again.

of course there was pressure by the board. left up to him, that southern wanker would have passed the blame to someone else for saturdays game, made up some lies about injuries, then continued to fuck up.

glad you've fucked off, roeder, now don't come back. ever.

Guest Magpiecn

He should havent kept on managing newcastle at the beginning of this season.Now he can go back to the academy.Its better to him.

Guest kiwi

OK, he's gone, honourable or otherwise - we'll never know unless he and the board reveal all in a joint statement. There can even be numerous permutations as to settlements etc. Who knows? Personally I would have preferred he decide to relinquish the post and return to the academy as people with his record and expertise are thin on the ground.

What I want now is a new manager who is TOTALLY ruthless. Someone who will get rid of the crap players who are grossly overpaid , injury prone and basically unmotivated.

I can see it now - Big Sam takes over plays mindless Bolton football, takes us into the top 4 in 2 years and some of you moan because its boring.

OK, he's gone, honourable or otherwise - we'll never know unless he and the board reveal all in a joint statement. There can even be numerous permutations as to settlements etc. Who knows? Personally I would have preferred he decide to relinquish the post and return to the academy as people with his record and expertise are thin on the ground.

What I want now is a new manager who is TOTALLY ruthless. Someone who will get rid of the crap players who are grossly overpaid , injury prone and basically unmotivated.

I can see it now - Big Sam takes over plays mindless Bolton football, takes us into the top 4 in 2 years and some of you moan because its boring.

:lol:

Roeder was given two choices: jump or be pushed.

He wisely chose the former but I bet he's getting some cash in his pocket from the club, although not the amount he'd have received had he got the sack. He's been given the chance to maintain his reputation and has taken it, but I'd be weary of calling him "honourable" because of it.

When I met him at a talk-in last summer, he came over as being a genuine and honest fella. That's not to say he hasn' made mistakes in his time here of course - but the players must take a large share of the blame here. It seems that some in the dressing room decided that they didn't want to play for him and stopped doing so. My money is on Carr and Dyer being two of any such clique. Remember, it was ultimately Dyer's antics which paid a part in SBR getting the shove.

Whoever the new boss is, they are going to have to root out this element from the club and send them packing. Otherwise they may too end up stabbing him in the back.

Guest Magnetic North

When I met him at a talk-in last summer, he came over as being a genuine and honest fella. That's not to say he hasn' made mistakes in his time here of course - but the players MUST take a large share of the blame here. It seems that some in the dressing room decided that they didn't want to play for him and stopped doing so. My money is on Carr and Dyer being two of any such clique. Remember, it was ultimately Dyer's antics which paid a part in SBR getting the shove.

Whoever the new boss is, they are going to have to root out this element from the club and send them packing. Otherwise they may too end up stabbing him in the back.

:clap: