Some Bolton stats to get you salivating

Guest Nappy Rash

From nufc.com;

Glenn Roeder's dreadful run of results ultimately proved his undoing and few would argue that he deserved to keep his job based on what was certainly relegation form over his final 16 games:

P16  W4   D5   L7   Pts 17

So why on earth would anyone even contemplate employing a manager whose form over the same 16 games reads:

P16  W4   D4   L8   Pts 16

So who is that manager? Could it be one of the relegated duo Aidy Boothroyd or Alan Pardew? No, it's Sam Allardyce - seemingly our next manager....

I would have thought after the whole Roeder fiasco that any fan with half a brain wouldn't base a managers credentials on the last 16 games.

That is how we ended up with him in the first place.

From nufc.com;

Glenn Roeder's dreadful run of results ultimately proved his undoing and few would argue that he deserved to keep his job based on what was certainly relegation form over his final 16 games:

P16  W4   D5   L7   Pts 17

So why on earth would anyone even contemplate employing a manager whose form over the same 16 games reads:

P16  W4   D4   L8   Pts 16

So who is that manager? Could it be one of the relegated duo Aidy Boothroyd or Alan Pardew? No, it's Sam Allardyce - seemingly our next manager....

I would have thought after the whole Roeder fiasco that any fan with half a brain wouldn't base a managers credentials on the last 16 games.

That is how we ended up with him in the first place.

They dont like him at all that much is clear. Suggests all is maybe not what it seems to me though.

Nappy Rash is far too short sighted to be taken any notice of. He can spout stats all day and whinge at the way people incorrectly answer his questions. I just don't see Sam as a quitter, I mean he was with Bolton for 8 years and seems to have a solid drive to succeed.

He thinks Sam will not adapt or balance out the way his old team plays with the one his current team will play.

Excuse the pun but you can't see everything in just black and white......people grow, opinions change, players will come and go. I feel Sam will sort this club out from top to bottom and will be given the time to do so.

Better training methods and equipment with expert staff at hand for different areas of football to address, such as psychology or diets.

Once Sam is here, he's not just going to paint some black stripes down his old bolton shirts and play exactly like he has. It would be a new era for him and a chance to go all the way. He will motivate the players to reach their potential and hopefully instill more fighting spirit in each of them. He won't tolerate the lazy bastards either.

I look forward to his reign. Look at his past stats from 5 years ago all you like, but with higher placed finishes each season meaning more cash, I see a much higher standard of reinforements being brought in. Plugging our defence is key and then the rest needs a good slapping, once thats done people will hopefully start seeing some fluid football coming back to st.james and start smiling again.... :razz:

Guest Nappy Rash

.com are currently on a two-man anti-Allardyce campaign, it would seem.

Nobody listens to them any more, they have lost all credibility.

No they're not retard, just because they point out the obvious does not make them Roeder apologists or on any bloddy campaign.

They're pointing out facts.

How would idiots on here have reacted had Fat Sam just ended 07/08 with that run............ :uglystupid2:

.com are currently on a two-man anti-Allardyce campaign, it would seem.

Nobody listens to them any more, they have lost all credibility.

No they're not retard, just because they point out the obvious does not make them Roeder apologists or on any bloddy campaign.

They're pointing out facts.

How would idiots on here have reacted had Fat Sam just ended 07/08 with that run............ :uglystupid2:

Was that word necessary? You really didn't need to say that to make your point did you?

Guest Nappy Rash

Was that word necessary? You really didn't need to say that to make your point did you?

One mans meat is another mans poison.

A simple observation is often worth making in my opinion.

The real question should be, just because someone posts stats which suggest something you don't like, whay do you take it personally and reach totally bizarre conclusions just to stop your comfort blanket getting dirty.

Fast Forward 12 Months and Fat Sam is on that run here, I guarantee as ever, the majority on here will be demanding his head.

One mans meat is another mans poison.

A simple observation is often worth making in my opinion.

Well I take exception to it.

You can tell me to fuck off if you like, you can call me a wanker, but to call someone a retard is akin to racism, for you are acknowledging that someone is different, and somehow inferior and easy to look down from.

Fact is that you are a horrible person.

SGE?? Fucking hell no imo....Im from Sweden and i do NOT think he's the answer to our club, i dont like his style as a manager or as a person. And above that i would hate the media circus that he would bring with him to our club as someone mentioned earlier.

Hiddink would be my first choice..But that is not going to happen. There are other managers also, but i would not take a chance on any of them as i feel that Big Sam has the skills and knowledge and knows alot about our club already, what weaknesses the vlub/squad/team has..

Taking a chance on any other foreign manager could end up with bigger success than with Big Sam, but it could also be a real flop.

And year after year that Newcastle have let me down im not prepared to take any chances of being let down again.

With Big Sam i have a good feeling about us going in the right direction at least, how slow/fast it will go im not sure about. Anyway im convinced that we will progress in the right direction..

Im so fucking tired of this rolercoaster ride we have been in for years.