Owen To Leave?

Dinho lad

Guest Morph

Wouldnt have been there if he had played this season-simple answer.

Possibly. TBH You would have probably finished 7th place max with him. Is that still good enough for a player like Owen??

Who the f*** are you?  Mystic Meg?

;D :D

The funny thing about it is you actually saying that you wouldnt be in this position if Owen was around

Show me where I 'actually' said that, and if you can, then I won't show you up in front of the cool kids.

By quoting Billytray, Maybe just maybe i may have been refering to him when i said that :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:.  I apologise for showing you up infront of the cool kids :thup:

But nothing that you have said makes sense.

What is your major malfunction?

mackems.gif mackems.gifYou really are a dense piece of work arent you?? Tbh im not even going to bother explaining it to your slow self mackems.gif.

Winnar.  Bed time, nighty night.

Possibly. TBH You would have probably finished 7th place max with him. Is that still good enough for a player like Owen??

Do you think 5th or 6th is good enough for a player like Berbatov?? Thought not. Doesn't mean he's gonna leave.

I made my statement in reply to stevie who declared that he would be amazed if Berbatov was still at "Little club" spurs yet he would also be amazed if Owen left Newcastle :rolleyes:.

Well i'd be more surprised to see Owen leave us than Berbatov leaving Spurs considering Owen has hardly played a game in 2 seasons and he's on massive wages.

On the other hand if Spurs need a few million they could always sell Dawson to Chelsea because i think they are on the look out for a new centre half. Nice £27m profit on him.

I think Chelsea want a decent centre half and not a wank one like Dawson tbh.

Do you think 5th or 6th is good enough for a player like Berbatov?? Thought not. Doesn't mean he's gonna leave.

I made my statement in reply to stevie who declared that he would be amazed if Berbatov was still at "Little club" spurs yet he would also be amazed if Owen left Newcastle :rolleyes:.

Well i'd be more surprised to see Owen leave us than Berbatov leaving Spurs considering Owen has hardly played a game in 2 seasons and he's on massive wages.

On the other hand if Spurs need a few million they could always sell Dawson to Chelsea because i think they are on the look out for a new centre half. Nice £27m profit on him.

I think Chelsea want a decent centre half and not a w*** one like Dawson tbh.

:lol: True

Against Charlton John Motson on the radio said Dawson was, and I quote, 'awesome'.

He must be. According to quite a lot of Spurs fans he's better than Woodgate. Must be all that pace Dawson has to burn tbh.

Guest kingdawson

Against Charlton John Motson on the radio said Dawson was, and I quote, 'awesome'.

I nearly crashed the car laughing.

he was tbh. Jenas was motm though.

Do you think 5th or 6th is good enough for a player like Berbatov?? Thought not.

Well I  do. Because they are the position Spurs are going to finish in. Owen is a bottom half premier league player. Do I deserve to support a football team from Newcastle that can win the league? YES I FOOKING DO!!! DO I? NO I  FOOKING DONT, thats life & reality. If anyone or anything is meant for bigger & better things I am sure it will happen.

Do you think 5th or 6th is good enough for a player like Berbatov?? Thought not.

Well I  do. Because thems are the position Spurs are going to finish in. Owen is a bottom half premier league player. Do I deserve to support a football team from Newcastle that can win the league? YES I FOOKING DO!!! DO I? NO FOOKING, thems the breaks & reality. If anyone or anything is meant for bigger & better things I am sure it will happen.

In English?

Daws was solid, I wouldn't put it any stronger than that.  He's also suffered from the lack of a settled back 4 because he hasn't come close to his performances of last season.  Fifty odd goals conceded tells its own story.  The fact that spending £7.5m on Younes Kaboul tells you that the management aren't satisfied.  My guess will be King and Kaboul to be the regulars with Daws taking over from King when there's too many matches in too short a time.  He'll still have to be on his toes because Dervite, when he's back from his ACL, has the potential to get ahead of Daws in the pecking order.

BTW, my motm was Zokora, although I would concede that JJ was more deserving of that accolade than Berbatov.

I'd be happy for there to be a release clause as I'd love to see MO playing regularly at WHL, I think he and Berbatov would be a superb partnership. 

PMSL you can't keep hold of decent players, Carrick was off at the first opportunity.  I'd be amazed if a) Owen isn't here next season and b) Berbatov is still at Spurs and c) not even the great Arthur C Clarke could write such an unbelievable story as Michael Owen leaving Newcastle for a little club like Spurs.

Why would you be amazed if Owen left you?. You think bottom half premiership finishes are good enough for a striker like him?

After 12 games??  Trust me he's going no where for now.  You think playing for a club who rarely sold out throughout the 90's, employed Christian Gross as manager, couldn't sell out a deby against Arsenal this year, was sponsored by PONY, who brung 400 here in 1999, and who have finished in the top five once in 16 years is good enough for Berbatov?  DB is good as gone, I'll give you 6/4 now he stays.

I'd be happy for there to be a release clause as I'd love to see MO playing regularly at WHL, I think he and Berbatov would be a superb partnership. 

PMSL you can't keep hold of decent players, Carrick was off at the first opportunity.  I'd be amazed if a) Owen isn't here next season and b) Berbatov is still at Spurs and c) not even the great Arthur C Clarke could write such an unbelievable story as Michael Owen leaving Newcastle for a little club like Spurs.

Why would you be amazed if Owen left you?. You think bottom half premiership finishes are good enough for a striker like him?

After 12 games??  Trust me he's going no where for now.  You think playing for a club who rarely sold out throughout the 90's, employed Christian Gross as manager, couldn't sell out a deby against Arsenal this year, was sponsored by PONY,who brung 400 here in 1999, and who have finished in the top five once in 16 years is good enough for Berbatov?  DB is good as gone, I'll give you 6/4 now he stays.

:lol: :lol:

After 12 games??  Trust me he's going no where for now.  You think playing for a club who rarely sold out throughout the 90's, employed Christian Gross as manager, couldn't sell out a deby against Arsenal this year, was sponsored by PONY, who brung 400 here in 1999, and who have finished in the top five once in 16 years is good enough for Berbatov?  DB is good as gone, I'll give you 6/4 now he stays.

Gross might have been crap for Spurs but he's proven himself on the Continent.  Souness has been a failure most places he goes and at least Gross didn't blow the best part of £50m on an assorted collection of failures.

I've never said I think Owen will leave, but assuming he stays, what are his ambitions? Win the premiership?  Top 4?  Top half?

Gross might have been crap for Spurs but he's proven himself on the Continent.  Souness has been a failure most places he goes and at least Gross didn't blow the best part of £50m on an assorted collection of failures.

I've never said I think Owen will leave, but assuming he stays, what are his ambitions? Win the premiership?  Top 4?  Top half?

Probably the same ambitions as Berbatovs if he stays at Spurs as far as the Premiership goes next season.

I remember when he bought the tube ticket "to be just like the Tottenham fans".  He had the right amount of hair to be like your typical 40-50 odd year old Spurs fan, but he was less annoying and 7 stone lighter. 

Why bring Souness in to it?  Owen's ambition for this year should be to get fit, and score the goals he's been brought here to score, and hopefully next summer, we're in a better position to challenge for top 4.

Whats anyone's ambitions at Spurs then?

To finish the best of the rest cos they won't break into the top four, a bit like what we will probably be aiming to do under a good manager really.

We've broken the top four mould in the past, and we can again, I can't see Spurs ever doing it.

It's not gonna get any easier with all these investors and takeovers at clubs though.

If we remain a well supported club and we become successful in both the league and cups over the next few years, the business side of things will take care of itself.

I remember when he bought the tube ticket "to be just like the Tottenham fans".  He had the right amount of hair to be like your typical 40-50 odd year old Spurs fan, but he was less annoying and 7 stone lighter. 

Why bring Souness in to it?   Owen's ambition for this year should be to get fit, and score the goals he's been brought here to score, and hopefully next summer, we're in a better position to challenge for top 4.

No different to bringing Gross into the topic tbh.  But, as you did, I compared Gross's failure at Spurs to Souness's at Newcastle.

To improve results season upon season and improve the squad for continued improvement in results.  That's been achieved for each year that Levy has been in charge.  Still a long way to go to break into the top 4.