Fat Fred Speaks About Owen Loyalty...................

Guest nufc_geordie

He should never have been signed in the first place, a few of us were ripped into for suggesting it at the time and while this isn't a "told you so" I think a fair few were blown away by the whole transfer and got all giddy because we signed Michael Owen, none more so than the Fat Man.

If a release clause does exist or a European football one, this just shows you how delusional FS is, in Freddy's world, NUFC will always qualify for Europe and no player wants to leave the Toon. Mind, we shouldn't be surprised, this is the man that thought Graeme Souness would be a hit here.

I'd sell Owen like, I think we may not have a choice now, what a joke.

I was one of them who thought that it was a poor signing due to us putting so much money into a player with a poor injury record but I think him going now will do us no good at all because of the message it will give out to others.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

"I have huge reservations whether he and Oba can play together."

Who can Oba play with? The guy is a livewire, brilliant one game and then absolute turd for 2.

Guest Hibbits left foot

If Owen or any other player doesnt want to play for NUFC they can all fuck off , we want committment , the silence from Owen at the moment is deafening , get rid and buy someone to complement Obi Wan, fuck trophy players we dont need em...

Guest TheOrder

Who can Oba play with? The guy is a livewire, brilliant one game and then absolute turd for 2.

Maybe thats because his regular partner was Sibierski and Dyer.

• 2 weeks later...

"I have read what Mr Shepherd as said. He is absolutely right in saying I want to play for a top 4 side. This why I joined this club. The chairman told me that he saw this club as being one that would compete at the highest level, that is what I want, that is what the fans want.

By the start of next season I will be playing for my third different Newcastle manager. It is up to the chairman to get it right this time. He should be appointing someone that will make this place a place that is in the CL every year. That is his job, he does nothing else that I can see, he just appoints the best person to take us all forward.

If the chairman keeps making the sort of appointments that allow this club to finish below Boro, Villa, Blackburn, Reading and Bolton then he will never attract the players I think are needed to get to the top 4.

I want to end my career at Newcastle, in a trophy-winning side. The chairman's actions show to everyone he has little idea of how let me do this."

!!!!!!!!!!!

hhmm. thought you said we shouldn't be spending any money

As I said elsewhere, if his release clause is £9m, who cares if he goes? Just because he is pimping himself to the top 4 doesn't automatically mean anyone will bite in any case. If they do, great. We'll have £9m to invest in someone who wants to be here and won't collapse on coming into contact with a blade of grass.

I dont buy into this Oba and Owen cant play together, i think that thees a decent chance that they could. From what i have seen of OBa he naturally likes to pick p the ball deep, under Roeder there was no chance of himbein allowed to go deep, as far as roeder was concerend he needed to play right on the back of the last defender. Thats not oba at all, however it is Owen. I knida see Oba as a very poor mans Rooney, which isn;t exactly disprectful. Rooney and Owen play well together. However, i cant see SA employing a 442 which kinda undermines this entire argument

Guest TinoInHiding

Three games to join Man Utd

MICHAEL OWEN has three games to clinch an £11million move to Manchester United.

The Newcastle striker must prove his fitness with England this summer.

United boss Alex Ferguson will monitor Owen when he plays for England B against Andorra next Friday.

The little hitman will be in the squad for the friendly with Brazil at Wembley on June 1.

Then comes the big one — the Euro 2008 qualifier in Estonia on June 6.

Despite reports to the contrary, Owen’s get-out clause from Newcastle is £11m.

Owen, 27, has had horrendous injury problems since signing for Newcastle for £16m from Real Madrid in August 2005.

The former Liverpool striker broke a metatarsal on New Year’s Eve — and made only one more appearance for the Toon that season, at Birmingham in April.

He still went to the World Cup but damaged knee ligaments and was sidelined again until last month.

Owen’s Toon tally is 14 games, with seven goals. Newcastle are furious their star man is prepared to exercise his escape clause after such a poor return.

New boss Sam Allardyce has also made it clear he wants talks with Owen as soon as possible in a bid to keep him.

:knuppel2: :'( :'(