Fat Fred Speaks About Owen Loyalty...................

Guest nufc_geordie

The quotes are quite specific, doesn't look like any kind of misquote either.

He was an idiot in a Spanish brothel and he's still an idiot now when it comes to PR and other communications issues.

Anyway, decent price and he might as well be sold because his value plummets with each passing season.

He does not deny the £9mill get out clause, seems more pissed that it has been made public and if its not came from the club then it has to have came from people close to owen.. Is this Owen looking for a move?

Probably.  Can you blame him though?  It's a very short career, even more so when you have just come back from a serious injury.  If I'm Michael Owen and I'm looking around that pitch and that stadium last weekend, I'm wondering how the f*** my career has come to this, and thinking I've got to do something to get things back on track asap.

Does he owe us a season fully fit?  Speaking from the heart as a fan of Newcastle, then maybe he does, but looking objectively at it, he owes us f*** all.  Not his fault he got injured, not his fault footballers get paid a lottery win every year.  He came, he got injured, we got shitter.  I wouldn't want to stay if I was him.

Yeah daed right mate, I took the piss in the formation thread for the Watford game on how Owen will be stanfing there no service wondering what the hell he has done coming here.

I reckon if the new manager is Sven or Gerrad he may stay but this £9 mill get out cluase story came out before Sven and Gerrad were linked with the job here.

I get the feeling Owen does not want to hang around for Big Sam..

Lets not pretend that - if indeed it is coming from near the player - that he is innocent in this either. Yes, FFS made a mistake, but he isn't the only one.

I wouldn't necessarily class trying to get out of the club 'a mistake' at the moment, but that is by the by.

The point is Shepherd has brought the arguement into the public domain and I just cannot see any benifit in that (certainly not for the club) other than as something Shepherd can point to when he is forced to accept some insulting offer furthur down the line. Shepherd deserves all the flack directed at him over this in my opinion.

Teh argument already was int he public domain, you can't blame the Fat Man for that.

He CAN be blamed for handling it wrong, but not for what the players people have already done.

From Sporting Life......

Shepherd also played down suggestions Sven-Goran Eriksson is a candidate for the Newcastle manager's vacancy.

Eriksson's agent Athole Still has claimed the former England boss had the support of 51% of Geordies.

Shepherd said: "Where he gets that figure from, I can't imagine. I think 51% of Geordies might like the idea of Sven's girlfriend Nancy Dell'Olio on the Newcastle Quayside."

Classy stuff, shows the level he thinks at

Guest TheOrder

If Owen wants to fuck off, so be it. You lads on here can put the club down all you want, but if you haven't got the desire to succeed with a club with huge resources, and with our club being so starved of successs, then your not somebody I wanted here in the first place.

He'll be right down in my estimations (and most Newcastle fans) if he leaves mind, not that he gives a fuck.

Guest Gemmill

If Owen wants to fuck off, so be it. You lads on here can put the club down all you want, but if you haven't got the desire to succeed with a club with huge resources, and with our club being so starved of successs, then your not somebody I wanted here in the first place.

He'll be right down in my estimations (and most Newcastle fans) if he leaves mind, not that he gives a fuck.

You're a Newcastle fan.  Owen's not.  He is also an employee of the club and probably has a much better idea of how fucked it is compared to proper big clubs (Liverpool, Real Madrid).  To expect a player that's played at clubs like that to be wowed by our "huge resources" is a touch naive.  And quite how being "starved of success" is supposed to entice him to stay, I haven't a clue.  Take the blinkers off man - this is a lad who knows what successful football clubs are all about and he knows that we haven't got what it takes.

If we sell Owen for £9mil and remove £100k per week from the wage bill and Luque goes on Loan saving £20-40k per week (depending on the arrangement), and then we get in Darren Bent for £8-10m on £30k per week its a good deal for the club.

I'd even cosider someone like Anelka (being quick, has a footballing brain and knows where the goal is) for the right price as a replacement.

Fit Owen = 20 goals a season

Fit Bent = 15 goals a season (12 this season in a relegated team)

Would Owen be fit for long enough to get 20 goals though?

Darren Bent - the next Les Ferdinand!

Guest TheOrder

You're a Newcastle fan.  Owen's not.  He is also an employee of the club and probably has a much better idea of how fucked it is compared to proper big clubs (Liverpool, Real Madrid).  To expect a player that's played at clubs like that to be wowed by our "huge resources" is a touch naive.  And quite how being "starved of success" is supposed to entice him to stay, I haven't a clue.  Take the blinkers off man - this is a lad who knows what successful football clubs are all about and he knows that we haven't got what it takes.

Like I said, I'm not going to cry into my cereal that he's fucking off.  By your regards Gemmill, why would anyone want to come here?

Guest Gemmill

Like I said, I'm not going to cry into my cereal that he's fucking off.  By your regards Gemmill, why would anyone want to come here?

£.

Guest nufc_geordie

The sale of Owen would reap one good point. More coin for the transfer window! If a new manager comes in it is highly unlikely that there will be a place in the team for both Owen and Martins. Martins wants to be here, Owen doesn't. Could be £10 million extra to the war kitty.

Guest TheOrder

£.

Oh well then. Heres me thinking we were going to build a team on ability and work ethic. Now I'm looking foward to a team full of mercenaries, who have no desire to win anything, and will leave after two years, yipeeeeeeee.

To be honest, would Owen really be missed that much?

OK, we take a heavy loss on him but if we got 10 million, then we could buy Bent for 7 and Viduka on a free for approiximately what we would be paying Owen each week and make several million to put towards a decent centre half. And this without touching whatever money is given to the new manager to start with.

Owen will probably get injured anyway, playing for his beloved England. I think he is fragile goods, to be honest. Plus, is his desire 100%? I dont think so. Better get rid and get in players who are 100% committed.

The sale of Owen would reap one good point. More coin for the transfer window! If a new manager comes in it is highly unlikely that there will be a place in the team for both Owen and Martins. Martins wants to be here, Owen doesn't. Could be £10 million extra to the war kitty.

And you are going to replace by far our best striker effectively with that extra £9 million in the war chest. Hmmmm, I'd be interested to see you try.

Guest shaun11177

Freddie has said that of course there are certain clauses in his contract,every top player has certain clauses in his contract-whatever that means.

More significantly Owen only signed a 4 year contract,usually they are 5 years so in 6 months time its sell or sign an extension.To let it go to 1 year left is dangerous we cant afford to write off 16m.

In football these days the player decides and nothing any Chairman says is going to make any difference.

9m-with the new sky contract coming into play that is peanuts to the top clubs,i am pretty sure there will be a bid by Man Utd.

Guest Gemmill

£.

Oh well then. Heres me thinking we were going to build a team on ability and work ethic. Now I'm looking foward to a team full of mercenaries, who have no desire to win anything, and will leave after two years, yipeeeeeeee.

If they had any desire to win anything, they wouldn't have made the mistake of showing up here in the first place tbh.

If we sell Owen for £9mil and remove £100k per week from the wage bill and Luque goes on Loan saving £20-40k per week (depending on the arrangement), and then we get in Darren Bent for £8-10m on £30k per week its a good deal for the club.

I'd even cosider someone like Anelka (being quick, has a footballing brain and knows where the goal is) for the right price as a replacement.

ITK's are saying that Spurs will announce next week (when the Premiership season has ended) that Bent will be joining when the window opens.  £8/9m is what they're saying.  How accurate that is we'll find out next week.

Guest TheOrder

£.

If they had any desire to win anything, they wouldn't have made the mistake of showing up here in the first place tbh.

Ah brilliant. So we're looking for:

A team with no desire.

A manager with no desire.

Gerrin, now we need N-O to start going to games, then we'll get FANS with no desire.

Guest Gemmill

Fuck me lad, I'm not suggesting we should go out specifically looking for these players, but that's exactly what we HAVE been doing for years now.  Flash the £££ at them and they will come.  Do you think Damien Duff came here because he thought he could win things?  You seem to think Owen should be driven to stay here by his desire to win things now too - quite the fucking opposite tbh.

ITK's are saying that Spurs will announce next week (when the Premiership season has ended) that Bent will be joining when the window opens.  £8/9m is what they're saying.  How accurate that is we'll find out next week.

Why would they wait till next week though?

You can sign a player whenever you want, the transfer just gets finalised in the next window.

I'd have thought something like this would be in all the papers now if it was signed sealed and awaiting delivery

Guest TheOrder

Fuck me lad, I'm not suggesting we should go out specifically looking for these players, but that's exactly what we HAVE been doing for years now.  Flash the £££ at them and they will come.  Do you think Damien Duff came here because he thought he could win things?  You seem to think Owen should be driven to stay here by his desire to win things now too - quite the fucking opposite tbh.

So what would be your strategy to break the mould? How would you go about building solid foundations?

We were the best option he had at the time, but I never thought for 1 minute he was going to be a long term players for us, okay I thought he would have scored lots of goals by now but two bad injuries have stopped that, so we really have no idea if we would miss him or not.

Would be very very embarrassing if we lose him due to a £9mill get out clause, a loss of £8 mill on a player that has only played a total of 13 gmaes for us and scored 7 goals, well 14 games after Watford.

It would a case of him going and us not being able to do a thing about it, does not look good for us right now at all does it.

£.

Exactamundo, as The Fonz might say.

We were the best option he had at the time, but I never thought for 1 minute he was going to be a long term players for us, okay I thought he would have scored lots of goals by now but two bad injuries have stopped that, so we really have no idea if we would miss him or not.

Would be very very embarrassing if we lose him due to a £9mill get out clause, a loss of £8 mill on a player that has only played a total of 13 gmaes for us and scored 7 goals, well 14 games after Watford.

It would a case of him going and us not being able to do a thing about it, does not look good for us right now at all does it.

Thing is, we now have a chance to come out of a very embarrasing 2-3 year period for the club and to take the club in a new direction.

If losing Owen and making a loss, combined with taking a hit on Luque, Bramble, Carr etc lets the club move forward with a clean slate and gives us greater room for transfer activity then take the hit and move on.

There are other 15-20 goal a season strikers available for less than we are paying for Owen (in terms of fee and wages)

Guest 1nol

He's never really been a Newcastle player to me. His only purpose this season has been as an excuse for the teams performances. 'When Owen gets fit we won't be in this mess.' So when he goes, we'll be in exactly the position we're in now but with a little bit more money to spend and another position to fill.

Hopefully we'll fill that position with someone who wants to be here.

Guest Brazilianbob

The a*sehole of a chairman put an escape clause in saying Owen could leave, provided someone meets the clause activation fee, if, and only if, we failed to qualify for Europe.  The complete moron assumed at the very very least we would sail into the Intertoto and thereby negate the release clause.