Mindless speculation and horrible transfers

sempuki

Some crackers today. Jloyd Samuel then:

ZAT'S WHAT TOON WANT

NEWCASTLE are ready to launch a bid for Fulham defender Zat Knight, with the Londoners set to replace the 6ft 6in centreback with Portsmouth's Andy O'Brien.

The Magpies have lined up Knight - who joined the Cottagers from non-league Rushall Olympic in 1999 in exchange for 30 tracksuits - as the man who can help them bring an end to the defensive woes that undermined Glenn Roeder's reign.

Fulham will be looking to land £5m for Knight, having already identified former Newcastle defender O'Brien as his replacement.

O'Brien has fallen out of favour at Pompey this season and Harry Redknapp is ready to offload him for a bargain fee.

And.....

IT'S KEANE AND ABEL

By Brian Mcnally 13/05/2007

TYNE-WEAR rivals Newcastle and Sunderland have been alerted to Portugal defender Abel Xavier's decision to quit Middlesbrough.

Xavier, 34, will leave the Riverside this summer after failing to agree a new contract, but is keen to remain in the North-East.

Sunderland boss Roy Keane wants to recruit Premiership experience and has added the former Everton and Liverpool right-back to his wanted list.

Keane is also looking at former England striker Robbie Fowler, who will leave Liverpool this summer and Celtic midfielder Thomas Gravesen.

And.....

FREDDIE READY TO DEPART

NEWCASTLE and Portsmouth are set to battle for Freddie Ljungberg this summer.

The Swedish midfielder is viewed as surplus to requirements by Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger - and that has alerted Pompey boss Harry Redknapp.

With just one year left on his contract and at the age of 30, Ljungberg could prove to be the bargain signing of the transfer window.

He is captain of his country and has a former Arsenal team-mate down at Fratton Park in Sol Campbell, who has enjoyed an impressive first season at Portsmouth.

But competition for Ljungberg could well come from Newcastle once Sam Allardyce is confirmed as the new manager at St James' Park.

Ljungberg has said he wants to stay at Arsenal but knows he must be involved in regular action if he is to lead his nation in Euro 2008.

Guest andynufc84

Ljungberg could be a player that Allardyce could inspire to have an indian summer at the end of his career, I mean he done it with the likes of Campo and Okacha- don't see any reason why he couldn't do it with Ljungberg.

Think Xavier is a decent defender and better than what we have, again Allardyce could possibly get the best out of him.

Wouldn't be sure about Knight, but he's probably better than 'the gooch' and Bramble.

Guest MrSundlofer

Fulham replacing Knight with Andy O'Brien? Well...  :lol:

No thanks to Knight and Xavier, but think Freddie would be a hit with Allardyce as manager.

Guest Knightrider

New manager + end of season = silly season. We'll be linked with everyone and anyone in the coming months, only 1% will have some truth to it though so I wouldn't worry yourself over some names we seem to be linked with.

Allardyce will have had a shopping list in mind for Bolton, it will be interesting what the reported £25 million does to that original list that he'd have been working on because I doubt he'd have been looking at that sort of budget a couple of weeks ago.

We'll never know what he was planning for Bolton but we'll see what he does here.

The Magpies have lined up Knight - who joined the Cottagers from non-league Rushall Olympic in 1999 in exchange for 30 tracksuits - as the man who can help them bring an end to the defensive woes that undermined Glenn Roeder's reign.

That says it all :lol:

Guest Toon83

Freddie Ljungberg is the only one i would have from this latest specualtion, Zat Knight is poor and Xavier is too old and past it even for Big Sam

Ljungberg is a spent force. Lost a yard of pace,, lost Bergkamp putting it on a plate, and turned into a Lehmann-esque whingy bitch.

Knight confuses me. Not seen much of him but everyone says he's shit...but when he played for England in America a while back he looked alright to me. Danger he would do a job in better company? Or just the dog having his day?

Xavier - shit bizarro world Santa Claus. Wouldn't touch him with a 10ft clown pole.

Guest Hodgson09

How about the speculation that Martins will be sold? It was on tribal(we make everything up)football but still. Would you be upset if Martins was sold?

I would as I think he is a great prospect.

Ljungberg is a spent force. Lost a yard of pace,, lost Bergkamp putting it on a plate, and turned into a Lehmann-esque whingy bitch.

Knight confuses me. Not seen much of him but everyone says he's s***...but when he played for England in America a while back he looked alright to me. Danger he would do a job in better company? Or just the dog having his day?

Xavier - s*** bizarro world Santa Claus. Wouldn't touch him with a 10ft clown pole.

Xavier was very average when he played for Everton nearly 10 years ago. I just don't understand how since then he has played for Liverpool and Roma, gone to the top league in Germany and then back to being a Premiership regular at Boro.

If he had a sensible haircut and was called Dave I don't think he would have got half those moves.

It was probably the only time a player transferred between the Merseyside clubs and neither side was arsed in the slightest

Aye he has been absolute toss every time he has played. Lost his legs for sure.