Derby County v WBA?

Guest Morph

Guest optimistic nit

i don't like wba, but i'm not sure why. infact its not that i don't like them, its just that they bore me to hell.

I like the the playoffs, but for fairness it could go:

Match 1. 5th home against 6th.

Match 2. 4th home against winner of Match 1.

Match 3. 3rd home against winner of Match 2.

That way the higher you finish the less games you have to play and you get greater home advantage.

Guest gggg
This would reward properly a higher placed finish and should also mean that the games should be even better. The lower finishing team must ensure that they win and for me this would be a good thing  as they would need to go all out near the end of a game in particular.

All it would mean is the higher placed team would play for a draw halfway through the second half. The play-offs are exciting because both teams have to go for a win.

Had a fiver on Southampton to win over 90 minutes at 15/8 so I'm reasonably pleased.  I've been to Derby a few times, twice to the Baseball and once to Pride Park.  Baseball Ground, was an absolute dream old English stadium, I'll never forget it, absolutely fantastic atmosphere, close to the pitch a carbuncle of old unusual stands, plus the Toyota one, it was a desperately sad day when they moved.  If you're having a pint in the toon it's a right fuck on getting to the ground, pointless getting a taxi cos the one road in is jammed, and it's 20 minutes walk so people like Keith "Beefy" Roberts would be fucked.

Never been to Southampton, and I felt sorry for George Burley it has to be said.  What a smashing bloke he comes across as.  That bastard at Hearts wants shooting for sacking him. 

Hope Derby come up now though, because the West Midlands - oh dear, plus Wolves are complete wanks.

Guest KeithKettleborough

All it would mean is the higher placed team would play for a draw halfway through the second half. The play-offs are exciting because both teams have to go for a win.

Possibly true enough but there have been occasions when a team has done that anyway after an early goal. I also think that for some sort of sense to be made out of it all, the risk of maybe some games being poor, is worth the sacrifice. If it means that a more successful league campaign can be rewarding surely that makes it fairer and indeed less sillier than the lottery of penalties.

Had a fiver on Southampton to win over 90 minutes at 15/8 so I'm reasonably pleased.  I've been to Derby a few times, twice to the Baseball and once to Pride Park.   Baseball Ground, was an absolute dream old English stadium, I'll never forget it, absolutely fantastic atmosphere,

spot on Stevie.

close to the pitch a carbuncle of old unusual stands, plus the Toyota one, it was a desperately sad day when they moved.  If you're having a pint in the toon it's a right fuck on getting to the ground, pointless getting a taxi cos the one road in is jammed, and it's 20 minutes walk so people like Keith "Beefy" Roberts would be fucked.

Never been to Southampton, and I felt sorry for George Burley it has to be said.  What a smashing bloke he comes across as.  That bastard at Hearts wants shooting for sacking him.   

Hope Derby come up now though, because the West Midlands - oh dear, plus Wolves are complete wanks.

I went to the Dell a few times, it was alright, nowt special. Strange looking stand behind the goal though