Derby County v WBA?

Guest Morph

Guest Morph

holy shit, i turned off sky sports thing at full time cos i thought we were out!

WHAT THE FUCK!

Guest Guinness

feel justice was done in the shootout, would've been harsh on Derby to come so close to automatic promotion finishing 9 pts ahead of Southampton and go out in the play-off semi-finals.

Guest Morph

I was so gutted that Rasiak scored in the last minute, and just assumed away goals counted.  FUCKING HELL!!!  And, I'm not a huge Derby fan, Newcastle are and always will be number 1.

feel justice was done in the shootout, would've been harsh on Derby to come so close to automatic promotion finishing 9 pts ahead of Southampton and go out in the play-off semi-finals.

Yeah, I don't know if I agree with play offs in principle but it makes for some cracking games.

That Wolves/West Brom match at the weekend was class

Derby make Watford looklike an attractive passing team on that evidence tbh. Get the ball anywhere near Howard and play for the scraps, feel sorry for the Saints fans going out like that and then having all them cunts come on the pitch n all.

Yeah, I don't know if I agree with play offs in principle but it makes for some cracking games.

That Wolves/West Brom match at the weekend was class

Keeps the season alive for about 10 clubs how would normally have been playing meaningless games for the last 2 months of the season had the old '3 up' system still been going. It's a bit shit on the club finishing 3rd but they all knew the rules before the season kicked off... :coolsmiley:

Guest Morph

Did you see the pitch invasion?  LoL my mates been trying to do that for years.  Great stuff.  Felt a bit wary when George Burley was left standing in the middle of the pitch with a few hundred Derby fans around him lol.

Tell you what, when Derby fade into their moments of pace - their one touch attacking play is absolutely superb. I'm a big fan of Pearson down the left wing, i thought he was key tonight. Constantly bombing up and down and gave Southampton a really rough time. Oakley was invisible tonight though, which was a shame - because he's usually a key player whenever Derby are playing well.

Christ, they need a new defense though if they're going to survive in the Premiership. Their organisation at the back is pitiful.

Guest KeithKettleborough

I think the play-offs are a great idea as they keep interest going for more teams than there used to be. However there are times (tonight is an example) when the whole concept becomes a farce.

For a 46 game season and 2 play off games to be decided through either a mistake by tired legs in extra time or even worse by penalties, is ridiculous.  The game should be decided over 2 legs and no extra time or penalties. The final too should just be over 90 minutes. If the scores are level then the work done over 46 games should then come into play. The team finishing higher should be declared the winner. This would reward properly a higher placed finish and should also mean that the games should be even better. The lower finishing team must ensure that they win and for me this would be a good thing  as they would need to go all out near the end of a game in particular.

As it turned out the result tonight went in favour of league position but imagine how those who missed the penalties for Southampton feel, that shouldn't be inflicted again on any player.

The lower placed team gets a second opportunity via the play offs and should have no complaints going out if they cannot take the semi final over 2 lots of 90 mins, or in a 90 minute final.

I think the play-offs are a great idea as they keep interest going for more teams than there used to be. However there are times (tonight is an example) when the whole concept becomes a farce.

For a 46 game season and 2 play off games to be decided through either a mistake by tired legs in extra time or even worse by penalties, is ridiculous.  The game should be decided over 2 legs and no extra time or penalties. The final too should just be over 90 minutes. If the scores are level then the work done over 46 games should then come into play. The team finishing higher should be declared the winner. This would reward properly a higher placed finish and should also mean that the games should be even better. The lower finishing team must ensure that they win and for me this would be a good thing  as they would need to go all out near the end of a game in particular.

As it turned out the result tonight went in favour of league position but imagine how those who missed the penalties for Southampton feel, that shouldn't be inflicted again on any player.

The lower placed team gets a second opportunity via the play offs and should have no complaints going out if they cannot take the semi final over 2 lots of 90 mins, or in a 90 minute final.

good idea, makes sense or... higher finishing team starts 1-0 up or something.

Guest kingdawson

Happy Derby went through . Would love them in the Premier league but i think WBA will be promoted.