Zog to be flogged

psychpearce

Personally, I think that Zog is highly overrated. Can he dribble? Yes. But the hole point of being a talented dribbler is to open up holes in the opposition's defense and then pass the ball to an open player. Zog, much like DaMarcus Beasley, has never learned to do this. He dribbles through the first one or two players, but then instead of passing into one of the holes his dribbling has opened up, he tries to dribble through another two or three players and eventually loses the ball.

Until he realizes that he can't dribble through entire teams, he's never going to fulfill his potential, much like DaMarcus Beasley (who was brilliant at the 2002 WC, but has never gotten any better since then).

He was excellent through much of 05/06 but he has been exactly as you described above this season. Whether its down to him trying to impress too much when given a chance or just thinking he is better than he is who knows. I honestly don't want to lose him but I am also against people who think they are bigger than the club, if he has a few problems that Sam can help him overcome I will be very happy next season but if they go beyond that then I wont be to disappointed to see him booted out of the club.

People often reference CRonaldo as a player with attitude problems but the only things that have ever come out are the world cup thing and his falling out with RVN and Ferguson clearly showed (imo) who he thought was in the wrong over that. He seems to have a very good relationship with his team mates and I assume he works very hard in training because Ferguson isnt the sort to let people f*ck about. He has shown a number of times he will get rid of players he thinks arent worth the hassle even if they are very good players in the team.

Who cares what FF/Pearson/Butt/Oliver/Roeder/etc...  think?

their opinion is worthless as the current shambles of a club they have run clearly shows. N'Zogbia is clearly a wayward lad but then so was Anelka before Sam took him on. I'd be amazed if Allardyce let Zoggy go without putting up a real fight to keep him here unless the young lad's mind is already made up to leave.

I think Zog has a major weakness in that he tends to lose control of the ball when running forward with it. When he first came on the scene, defenders tended to dive in to the tackle, but he's so quick that he was usually able to get to the ball first and nick it past them. They now tend to back off him, and then take possession when he inevitably lets the ball run too far ahead. He's not playing so well now because he's been sussed.

I actually think he'd eventually be better off as an attacking full back, where he'd have a bit more space to operate going forward. Trouble is, he lacks composure and defensive skills at the moment - maybe that can be coached into him.

Guest graemeh72

I think that you have to listen to the other senior players in the club.

N'Zogbia doesn't want to be at Newcastle ... where it all went wrong is now by the by

How much is the most important thing now..

(Steve Harper can hardly keep a straight face (due to incredularity) on a recent bbc online interview when asked about players who don't want to be at the club)

I don't think he should stay. The players will have lost their respect for him and this would be very hard to win back, it must be horrible going to work each day knowing you have to work with a shyster who doesn't give a monkeys, suprised he's not been lamped yet...