nufc.com

lovejoy

Guest Knightrider

This shite still going on? Jesus wept, there are more important things going on at NUFC, in football and more significantly, the world around us. Boo hoo a few football fans sing nasty wasty songs about a player. Fuck off.

This shite still going on? Jesus wept, there are more important things going on at NUFC, in football and more significantly, the world around us. Boo hoo a few football fans sing nasty wasty songs about a player. Fuck off.

http://blackorwhiteforever.free.fr/titre_heal_the_world.jpg

You're using mong as an insult so, yes it is bad.  And i would like to point out, however much people want to blame in on 'fundamentalists' there is a serious terror problem within islam.  I'm not saying this justifies the chants, but they have a basis, totally unlike monkey chants.

This s**** still going on? Jesus wept, there are more important things going on at NUFC, in football and more significantly, the world around us. Boo hoo a few football fans sing nasty wasty songs about a player. f*** off.

Yeah true. I mean, who gives a f*** about racism?

I was sat at the Sampdoria game and one fella asked me who the Spade at left back was. Seems everything is rosy on Tyneside to me.

You're using mong as an insult so, yes it is bad.  And i would like to point out, however much people want to blame in on 'fundamentalists' there is a serious terror problem within islam.  I'm not saying this justifies the chants, but they have a basis, totally unlike monkey chants.

Sorry, but that is ignorant nonsense.

Guest Knightrider

This s**** still going on? Jesus wept, there are more important things going on at NUFC, in football and more significantly, the world around us. Boo hoo a few football fans sing nasty wasty songs about a player. f*** off.

I was sat at the Sampdoria game and one fella asked me who the Spade at left back was. Seems everything is rosy on Tyneside to me.

Being white it doesn't effect me.

That's fine then. Enjoy yourself. That's what it's all about.

Guest Knightrider

Exactly. Glad you see the world like I do, bro.

I do, there appears to be the simple fact that you appear to be living on a different planet to several billion others, but thats fine. It's your world.

Guest Knightrider

I do, there appears to be the simple fact that you appear to be living on a different planet to several billion others, but thats fine. It's your world.

And thank fuck for that.

Quite right, loads of hypocrisy on here. Its ok to take the piss out of a disabled person but not ok to take the piss out of someone's origins/background. Both equally offensive. No consistency.

Yes, it's absolutely true that the word "mong" is offensive and objectionable. Funny how so many people are quick to point that out, while busily making excuses for Sunday's chanting.

However, as I pointed out on the thread that's now over in chat, the problem of racism (and similar attitudes) is not simply about causing offence. Me calling Niall and Biffa "mongs" is different.

Does it insult "mongs" by suggesting they are just like people who run a website for Newcastle fans? Are Geordies commonly held to be "mongs" in the way Jews are supposed to tight-fisted, blacks are meant to be lazy, the Irish are supposed to be stupid, and Muslims are supposed to be terrorists?

It's offensive to people with Down's Syndrome, of course. Lucky I didn't chant it at the match, and then make excuses about it afterwards.

I'm not making excuses, i'm pointing out the hypocrisy and double standards. Much like being preached to by a Boro fan about racism.

Not sure this is the point but calling all geordies 'mongs' implies they are all mentally disabled and is both offensive to disabled people and geordies. Is it ok to be offensive to disabled people?

And as i pointed back to you in GC none of my arguments centred around the concept of mere offence. 

And I'm just pointing out the difference between racism etc and things which are offensive in other ways. No, it's not OK to be offensive to disabled people. But it's a different thing, and works in a different way, from bigotry based on race, ethnicity or faith.

Calling Mido a terrorist feeds a subtext which maintains that all Muslims are somehow equivalent to, or responsible for the actions of, a tiny minority of actual terrorists. Thus it's much broader than an insult applied to one individual. It's demonising a people.

Whatever I say about Niall or Biffa or whoever, it's hardly demonising "Geordies", is it?

(BTW I didn't say you personally were making excuses. I was thinking of TBIP and a whole load of others.)

So why are you going on about it, then?

And thank f*** for that.

I'll concur with that. You have acted like a prize tit over this one matey. Hope your medication kicks in shortly.

HTT is right, it's starting to get boring. There has been plenty of time for everyone to air their views and I believe we have heard almost every conceivable angle already. Further posts on the issue are not adding to the topic at hand or helping to change the opinion of anyone posting replies but instead just adding fuel to arguements for the sake of it. Back to the football...

HTT is right, it's starting to get boring. There has been plenty of time for everyone to air their views and I believe we have heard almost every conceivable angle already. Further posts on the issue are not adding to the topic at hand or helping to change the opinion of anyone posting replies but instead just adding fuel to arguements for the sake of it. Back to the football...

That's good then. When we aren't bored of racism we'll come back to it.......In the meantime we can call Titus a Monkey (on here), Mido a terrorist and N'Zogbia a Spade.  O0

Guest Knightrider

And thank f*** for that.

I'll concur with that. You have acted like a prize tit over this one matey. Hope your medication kicks in shortly.

Nowt wrong with me mate, you assumed I/others don't give a damn about racism for downplaying the weekend's chants and saying I'm bored with it all (in a round about way). Ignorance, eh.

And thank f*** for that.

Nowt wrong with me mate, you assumed I/others don't give a damn about racism for downplaying the weekend's chants and saying I'm bored with it all (in a round about way). Ignorance, eh.

You've done worse. Significantly worse.

Guest Knightrider

And thank f*** for that.

Then please forgive me.

And thank f*** for that.

Then please forgive me.

You need to look for redemption elsewhere. Then maybe I will.

Quite right, loads of hypocrisy on here. Its ok to take the piss out of a disabled person but not ok to take the piss out of someone's origins/background. Both equally offensive. No consistency.

Yes, it's absolutely true that the word "mong" is offensive and objectionable. Funny how so many people are quick to point that out, while busily making excuses for Sunday's chanting.

However, as I pointed out on the thread that's now over in chat, the problem of racism (and similar attitudes) is not simply about causing offence. Me calling Niall and Biffa "mongs" is different.

Does it insult "mongs" by suggesting they are just like people who run a website for Newcastle fans? Are Geordies commonly held to be "mongs" in the way Jews are supposed to tight-fisted, blacks are meant to be lazy, the Irish are supposed to be stupid, and Muslims are supposed to be terrorists?

It's offensive to people with Down's Syndrome, of course. Lucky I didn't chant it at the match, and then make excuses about it afterwards.

I'm not making excuses, i'm pointing out the hypocrisy and double standards. Much like being preached to by a Boro fan about racism.

Not sure this is the point but calling all geordies 'mongs' implies they are all mentally disabled and is both offensive to disabled people and geordies. Is it ok to be offensive to disabled people?

And as i pointed back to you in GC none of my arguments centred around the concept of mere offence. 

And I'm just pointing out the difference between racism etc and things which are offensive in other ways. No, it's not OK to be offensive to disabled people. But it's a different thing, and works in a different way, from bigotry based on race, ethnicity or faith.

Calling Mido a terrorist feeds a subtext which maintains that all Muslims are somehow equivalent to, or responsible for the actions of, a tiny minority of actual terrorists. Thus it's much broader than an insult applied to one individual. It's demonising a people.

Whatever I say about Niall or Biffa or whoever, it's hardly demonising "Geordies", is it?

(BTW I didn't say you personally were making excuses. I was thinking of TBIP and a whole load of others.)

You're just highlighting me because I called you on your hypocrisy

And

You're just highlighting me because I called you on your hypocrisy

And I was just highlighting yours.

Unlike you, however, I have admitted that I was out of order.

www.jeffwinterentertainmentandmedia.co.uk

Now why doesn't that URL surprise me?

Silly fat c***.

I know, what a ridiculously egotistical twat he is. Football365 published it as part of their 'Guest Opinion' features and their latest mailbox has a bit of a backlash in it, one person wondering why they've felt the need to publish a pathetically ill-informed rant on their site which has previously hammered him for various career 'highlights'. F365 is a good site, but it publishes shit like this quite regularly purely to cause controversy, imo at least, but in doing so they've given jeff Winter another platform to quite a big audience (let's face it, he won't give a shit about what other peoples opinions are on what he said).

The stuff that happened on sunday, I'm not condoning it in any way here, happens a lot at football grounds over the country every week. Maybe not on the same scale, but I've been to plenty of matches where racist behaviour has been evident. It just seems that 'Islamophobe' has become the buzz word of the week and everyone wants a piece of it.

It's a sad state of affairs when people like him and Graham Poll, even fucking Alan Oliver, are given good airtime on Sky Sports News and column inches in various rags because even though they talk shit there are plenty who'll sit there and agree and take whatever they say as gospel like a bunch of fucking idiots.