First match of the new season line up

Guest smoggeordie

Arteta for £8m eh?

f****** hell.

In reality Everton wouldn't even consider anything below £10m.

And the rest. Not that he'd leave Everton for Newcastle.

I can't see Bridge going anywhere either. Nor is splashing out £6m for a full back Sam Allardyce's usual style. He'll more likely get a decent but obscure foreign player for cheap. Old habits...

Where can i get odds on not one these predictions being even remotely close to our starting line up?

I understand the concept. I just fail to see the point.

Wait and see, eh?

No, you misunderstand. There are people on here who, based on watching Newcastle (and some of them don't even manage that but still feel qualified as experts on everything), have the mystical ability to know who Allardyce was after at Bolton, who he will sign for us, and the future of all of our players.

Don't cross them, they are football genii (thats the plural).

Arteta for £8m eh?

f****** hell.

I can't see Bridge going anywhere either. Nor is splashing out £6m for a full back Sam Allardyce's usual style. He'll more likely get a decent but obscure foreign player for cheap. Old habits...

Its hard to say what exactly is Allardyces style tbf, he has gone after obscure foreign players in the past as thats all he has been allowed to afford.

Guest Immsy7

This forum would be a lot better if it only let people on who actually knew football. Shorey is completely left footed and cannot play on the right. Also Viduka is not better than Martins, Owen or LUQUE!

Whats the deal with Ben Haim aswell, surely we can get someone better??

Ironic really - chastising people for knowing nothing about football - then with the next breath saying Luque is better than Viduka. Wake up, take your Albert Luque pyjamas off and join us in the real world.

Viduka is lazy, and does not seem all that bothered, same with Luque, but Viduka has been given a chance in English football, Luque has not!

There attitudes are similar, but Luque has for more ability.

Arteta for £8m eh?

f****** hell.

Sad but true. Everton have the best central midfield outside of the top 4, by a good way.

This forum would be a lot better if it only let people on who actually knew football. Shorey is completely left footed and cannot play on the right. Also Viduka is not better than Martins, Owen or LUQUE!

Ironic really - chastising people for knowing nothing about football - then with the next breath saying Luque is better than Viduka. Wake up, take your Albert Luque pyjamas off and join us in the real world.

Viduka is lazy, and does not seem all that bothered, same with Luque, but Viduka has been given a chance in English football, Luque has not!

Viduka has also proven to be a very effective striker when he has been "given the chance". 19 goals in 29 starts isnt the worst season a striker could have.

Utter, utter, utter drivel and bollocks. :)

you.re right, of course. Viduka has shown himself to be a poor-to-decent striker. Luque has shown himself to be a shithouse.

you.re right, of course.

Yep.

Viduka is not lazy. He puts himself about and is an absolute menace in the box. Only the cynics call him lazy, but the truth is he's given everything to Boro.

Viduka is very much bothered, again - the cynics say that he doesn't care, he's playing for contracts and whatnot - but he's been scoring goals prolifically so season after season. He's not pushing himself to the limit just to play for contracts, he's just a damned good player.

Viduka's attitude and Luque's attitudes are not in the slightest bit similar.

I wouldn't say that Luque had far more ability either, but it's difficult to judge because they are two entirely different sorts of players.

you.re right, of course.

Yep.

Viduka is not lazy. He puts himself about and is an absolute menace in the box. Only the cynics call him lazy, but the truth is he's given everything to Boro.

Viduka is very much bothered, again - the cynics say that he doesn't care, he's playing for contracts and whatnot - but he's been scoring goals prolifically so season after season. He's not pushing himself to the limit just to play for contracts, he's just a damned good player.

I wouldn't say that Luque had far more ability either, but it's difficult to judge because they are two entirely different sorts of players.

define prolific.

oh, and quote in context, cheers.

you.re right, of course.

Yep.

define prolific.

You said i was 'right, of course' - then put a full-stop. I picked up on that piece of information, whether it was sarcastic or not; the rest of the post was irrelevant - i wanted to pick up on that bit.

Anyhow, Viduka's record in Britain, in all competitions:

Celtic - 47 Apps, 35 Goals

Leeds - 162 Apps, 72 Goals

Middlesbrough - 80 Apps, 42 Goals

And, for the three seasons that he has been at Boro - he has reached double figures. That's fairly good going... pretty much consistently prolific to me. But he's fat, lazy and only an decent-to-poor striker.

you.re right, of course.

Yep.

define prolific.

You said i was 'right, of course' - then put a full-stop. I picked up on that piece of information, whether it was sarcastic or not; the rest of the post was irrelevant - i wanted to pick up on that bit.

Anyhow, Viduka's record in Britain, in all competitions:

Celtic - 47 Apps, 35 Goals

Leeds - 162 Apps, 72 Goals

Middlesbrough - 80 Apps, 42 Goals

And, for the three seasons that he has been at Boro - he has reached double figures. That's fairly good going... pretty much consistently prolific to me. But he's fat, lazy and only an decent-to-poor striker.

league goals is the only real comparitor. a really good player gets 1 in 2, say. 1 in 4 is nowhere near good enough for the main man.

this season - 1 in 2.

last season - 1 in 4

season before - 1 in 3.

season before - 1 in 3.

he's not a great player. he's had a cracking season, but a player who is 32 at the start of next season? no ta.

He wouldn't be the main man. :)  And, we've got Michael Owen and Obefemi Martins to be our major benefactors for the EPL goals.

His age his irrelevant, when we won't be relying on him as the main man - and when you consider that his game is nothing about pace, but presence. As i said previously - his strength and vision in the box, and quality infront/with his back to goal - makes him what he is, and is something we miss dearly since Shearer. Plus, Allardyce has got a nack of prolonging careers, and half the problem is solved when the quality of the player is this good.

He's exactly the sort of striker we need.

I think Viduka would be decent for us tbh. Just the type of player to partner either Owen or Martins. I think he'd start lots of games if he joined and wouldn't be a backup at all. I'd like to see us go for a younger player but you can only get someone who is available and wants to join. It's not championship manager.

-------------shay--------------

solano--cambell--Ben Haim---Bridge

Milner---Sidwell---Dyer----Duff

----------Anelka----Owen----

Subs:

Martins, Butt, Taylor, Zoggy, Krul

Yes, I am on class A drugs!!!

-------------shay--------------

solano--cambell--Ben Haim---Bridge

Milner---Sidwell---Dyer----Duff

----------Anelka----Owen----

Subs:

Martins, Butt, Taylor, Zoggy, Krul

Yes, I am on class A drugs!!!

We need to get rid of Dyer, he dosent do the business, and plays so half heartedly. I cant believe how Dyer can still be seen in a good light in any nufc fans' eyes, if he was a foreigner he'd have been hounded out by now thats for sure. Sidwell would be a pointless buy imo, no better than Butt or Parker when Ive seen him anyway, we need to buy a centre mid with much more creative flair to play next to Butt imo. Anelka would be good, especially seen as though Allardyce managed him last season.

Given

Solano/Carr

Hyypia 

Ben Haim/Campbell

Babayaro

Milner

Butt

Parker

Duff

Martins*/Owen*

Ameobi/Luque*

*Depends if those three would still be at our club the next season. Can easily see Owen going, think Liverpool will be taking him "home" now as Fowler is done. Its a nice way to win over some supporters too for Benitez.  If Martins is unhappy, I think he will go. Luque is a big ?  this season for me, if anyone can turn him around, its SA.