The Darren Bent Alternative

KaKa

Guest smoggeordie

Marlon King could have been worth a punt but hes just signed a new deal this week with Watford.

Great shout

Aye, a fella who's just been out for a year would solve all our problems.

Sometimes on here you see people say "good call" or "great shout" etc just because it's the first time a player has been mentioned.

Fair point but sometimes it IS a good suggestion and one which many people may have overlooked/forgotten about. King is an example - not an obvious player to be linked with but one who could, perhaps, do a job if we went for him.  :thup:

Agreed, sometimes it is a "good call" as to say, but 95% of the time it's a load of balls.

Gudjohnsen is the man for us. Played for Sam before, talk he could be available in summer. He's exactly what we need- could play with Owen or Martins or you could potentially play them as a three as he can drop in to midfield effectively. Possibly out of our league now but worth a go.

Good shout.  :lol:

;)

Guest eyeball_tickler

They are a really good team, better than Bayern Munich and we certainly arent. If they werent in the group of death last year with Chelsea and Barca they would have probably got to the last 32.

So if he stays at Werder hes playing CL footy if he leaves it'll be to someone better. No chance of him coming here.

ambition is futile i see. if we dont replace owen with someone as good or better, then we will be going backwards.

people are saying marlon king now. he's been out for a year and has a past history of rather bad behavior, so he'll fit right in.

I'd take a day off work to have a massive w*** if we signed Gudjonsson: rated him forever. Top player and makes things happen.

:lol:

Caught me off gaurd with that one.

I'd take a day off work to have a massive w*** if we signed Gudjonsson: rated him forever. Top player and makes things happen.

Sorry, mate. It just welled up inside me then burst out like a passion geyser.

Guest gggg
ambition is futile i see. if we dont replace owen with someone as good or better, then we will be going backwards.

Where have you been for the last 2 years? We have gone backwards and cant attract Owen type players now.

We need to build a team to get us back to that standard.

What exactly would you do to make the wank 'massive' though, if you don't mind me asking?  :lol:

Guest eyeball_tickler

Where have you been for the last 2 years? We have gone backwards and cant attract Owen type players now.

and how will we do that if we replace our best player (owen...yes, he is) with somebody who isnt as good?

What exactly would you do to make the wank 'massive' though, if you don't mind me asking?  :lol:

Dunno, really. Some kind of caricature-esque prosthesis?

and how will we do that if we replace our best player (owen...yes, he is) with somebody who isnt as good?

There's more to a good team than one brilliant player, ffs.

Guest gggg

Loads of ways.

Get a striker who can stay fit

Get a striker who wants to be here

Sort the defence out

Sign some quality players

etc

Guest eyeball_tickler

forgive me for wanting a brilliant player in our team. lets just sell owen, buy some defenders and play shola upfront.

forgive me for wanting a brilliant player in our team. lets just sell owen, buy some defenders and play shola upfront.

If we can keep him: great. But we've got some serious rebuilding to do, the fella's a crock, and we need to get the money from somewhere if FFS is going to be a tight cunt.

Guest eyeball_tickler

Loads of ways.

Get a striker who can stay fit

Get a striker who wants to be here

Sort the defence out

Sign some quality players

etc

hardly owens fault he broke his foot and did his knee in. it could happen and has happened to loads of other players.

show me a quote from owen in which he says he wants to leave.

we could get ben haim and distin for nothing and hyppia and campbell for small-ish fee's, so thats a good start on the defence.

Guest eyeball_tickler

If we can keep him: great. But we've got some serious rebuilding to do, the fella's a crock, and we need to get the money from somewhere if FFS is going to be a tight c***.

i dont know how he's got such a bad reputation with the fans for 2 injuries which could have happened to anyone. we all saw them both happen so he's not faking them.

plus, a crock who averages 15+ goals a season is a worthwile crock.

Samuel Etoo    (Heard he had a quarrel with Frank a few months back, I wonder is that resolved? But I doubt he will come)

Benni McCarthy    (If Blackburn is willing to part & if we can show Benni our ambition)

Carlos Tevez    (Although Newcastle is one of the biggest club in UK, it's doubtful whether he is willing to come)

Theofanis Gekas    (Top scorer of the German Bundesliga in 2007 - 20 goals)

Kevin Kurányi

Lucas Poldoski 

Guest eyeball_tickler

Its not just 2 injuries though is it? He was always missing games before the big injuries through niggles!

he managed 7 in 10 before the injury. if he stays fit for at least 25 games he'll get 15+ goals so its well worth having him around.

i know you're a viduka fan and the same could be said about him, but it seems nobody wants to have a striker who gets 15+ goals a year but misses maybe 10 games a year.

First of all, i dont particularly rate Bent. He's stong and quick which is two extra ticks for Allardyce though.

Personally, i don't see oba going anywhere. However, if i was the manager and i had an idea that Owen wanted out the first thing i would do is get an offer on the table for Dean Ashton. Class act and soon to take over the england mantle (from Owen) i believe.

We need one of two types of strikers. Either someone big and strong who can hold up the ball and score goals (ashton) or someone with a creative touch that can drop deep and change the game. In my personal opinion we should look no further than Eidur Gudjohnsen. Can't see it happening though.

Guest gggg
if i was the manager and i had an idea that Owen wanted out the first thing i would do is get an offer on the table for Dean Ashton

Are we not allowed to sign strikers that arent totally crocked? :lol:

There's rumours Ashton wont ever play again.

Ashton would be a more comlimentary player for Martins than Bent, but he's worse than Owen in terms of injuries. Which is a shame as I think he could've been an absolute star already if he'd stayed fit.

Its not just 2 injuries though is it? He was always missing games before the big injuries through niggles!

he managed 7 in 10 before the injury. if he stays fit for at least 25 games he'll get 15+ goals so its well worth having him around.

i know you're a viduka fan and the same could be said about him, but it seems nobody wants to have a striker who gets 15+ goals a year but misses maybe 10 games a year.

I would be more confident of Viduka getting 15 goals for us next season, then you think he would be on half the wages and we wouldnt be losing a huge amount if he buggers off next year.