Morgan buys Wolves

Guest smoggeordie

Guest Rafa

someone buying the club may be good news, if Steve Morgan buying the club is good news remains to be seen. Depends if he can keep his gigantic ego in check and his huge gob shut.  I'm happy tho, as it should mean his puke inducing face won't be seen around Anfield too much  8)

Shit deal for Wolves if you ask me.

This guy was willing to spend hundreds of millions on first buying Liverpool and then investing in the squad

He then gets given 100% control of Wolves for free on the promise he'll invest £30m? That's  nothing these days. Should be more like £60m

Big club are Wolves. Would rather see them in the top flight as opposed to Wigan, Fulham or Reading tbh. No disrespect to the 3 I've named but Wolves have a history and tradition that pisses all over them.

It is a gesture by Hayward, who is possibly the best intentioned chairman in any league. He wants the club in safe hands and with decent investment, so he's given it away to make sure it happens.

He's much respected round these parts (and there aren't even any Dogheads in my part of the midlands)

Although McCarthy has done a very good job on a shoestring budget and a minute squad to start with,i would imagine that with a big pot of cash available especially for Championship level,he in my opinion will be replaced by a bigger name manager.

Although McCarthy has done a very good job on a shoestring budget and a minute squad to start with,i would imagine that with a big pot of cash available especially for Championship level,he in my opinion will be replaced by a bigger name manager.

Not yet. His stock is way too high here. He's done very well this season having been parachuted in late.

s*** deal for Wolves if you ask me.

This guy was willing to spend hundreds of millions on first buying Liverpool and then investing in the squad

He then gets given 100% control of Wolves for free on the promise he'll invest £30m? That's  nothing these days. Should be more like £60m

He wasn't going to be investing hundreds of millions in LFC. Basically, his "offer" was to underwrite a share issue, whereby all existing shareholders would be asked to double their investment to maintain their current stocks, and he would buy up on the cheap anyone who didn't want to pay twice for something they already own.

He was trying to get the club on the cheap. There's no comparison with Wolves because Wolves isn't worth hundreds of millions.

s*** deal for Wolves if you ask me.

He wasn't going to be investing hundreds of millions in LFC. Basically, his "offer" was to underwrite a share issue, whereby all existing shareholders would be asked to double their investment to maintain their current stocks, and he would buy up on the cheap anyone who didn't want to pay twice for something they already own.

He was trying to get the club on the cheap. There's no comparison with Wolves because Wolves isn't worth hundreds of millions.

Oh right, I thought it was a normal purchase offer he made for LFC. It was always reported on news sites with headlines like "Morgan makes £XXX million bid for Liverpool". Seems odd for someone not on the board to suggest a share issue.

I know Wolves aren't worth hundreds of millions but they're worth £30m if not more. So surely if he is getting the club for free he should be investing more than he's gained? Just doesn't seem as good a deal for them as it could/should be. Fantastic gesture by the chairman though.