Centre-back pairings...

Guest TheOrder
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest MrSundlofer

I want Taylor-Thuram  :duckie:  If not possible, Campbell-Taylor and play Thuram as a righ defender  :cheesy:

Thuram for Toon. Could be a one-hit-wonder!

Not sure about Taylor-Ben Haim. Need more experience... but they are both good.

Just make sure we buy the best defenders avaible for us. Let it cost.

Guest Toon83

it has to be Tayls and Ben Haim backed up by Baines on the left and Nobby on the Right, Butt in front of them with Parker and Milner as an attacking mid, Martins and Duff on the wings and Owen/Shola/New Striker up front

it has to be Tayls and Ben Haim backed up by Baines on the left and Nobby on the Right, Butt in front of them with Parker and a creative midfielder, Milner as an attacking mid, Martins and Duff on the wings and Owen/Shola/New Striker up front

can i ask why we are sticking martins on the wing?

it has to be Tayls and Ben Haim backed up by Baines on the left and Nobby on the Right, Butt in front of them with Parker and a creative midfielder, Milner as an attacking mid, Martins and Duff on the wings and Owen/Shola/New Striker up front

Can I ask why there's 12 players in that team?

That means playing 12 men. Don't think the Premier League are going to go for that tbh.

Guest Toon83

forgot about Given, i think Martins could be our Diouf playing on the right side of the front three ala Bolton, he has the pace and can shoot from anywhere, he just needs to work on his work rate

forgot about Given, i think Martins could be our Diouf playing on the right side of the front three ala Bolton, he has the pace and can shoot from anywhere, he just needs to work on his work rate

Martins does not have it in him to play there, simple...

I see it often being mentioned here with Owen up front and Martins and some other player as L/R sided forward/winger.

Fucking hell. Get real, some people really believe that it would work..

Guest colossal insight

he just needs to work on his work rate

If all he has to work on is his work rate he must be a better player than I thought.  His work rate is one of the few aspects of his game that is reasonable.

I'd sell the ****er for pretending to be injured. He was absolutely dogshit for the last dozen games and then spits his dummy out when he gets dropped.

he just needs to work on his work rate

If all he has to work on is his work rate he must be a better player than I thought.  His work rate is one of the few aspects of his game that is reasonable.

I'd sell the ****er for pretending to be injured. He was absolutely dogshit for the last dozen games and then spits his dummy out when he gets dropped.

You certainly chose the right username... :lol:

Likewise! :razz:

What is it with you people writing Taylor off?  I think Taylor is one of the most important players for the future. All top clubs have home grown players, and it takes that to win. Like Gerrard in the CL league Final a few years back, Scholes for man utd over the years, Terry and Carragher always giving 110% for the club they love.  Taylor has something that cant be bought for money, he has grown up here, and he loves the club.

I Believe Taylor will be our Carragher, and does anyone remember how shite Carragher was in the start for Liverpool? Does anyone remember Terry struggle when he was younger?  Give taylor time, let him mature in to the team. Give him a leader to play alongside, like Carragher had in Hyypia, like Terry had in Desailly, then we will have a top top class player.

I just hate how we write off players in here, how fast we turn against our own.  We need to be supportive of our players, hail them when they are doing great, motivate them when they are playing bad, and thats the way to become winners...!

What is it with you people writing Taylor off?  I think Taylor is one of the most important players for the future. All top clubs have home grown players, and it takes that to win. Like Gerrard in the CL league Final a few years back, Scholes for man utd over the years, Terry and Carragher always giving 110% for the club they love.  Taylor has something that cant be bought for money, he has grown up here, and he loves the club.

I Believe Taylor will be our Carragher, and does anyone remember how shite Carragher was in the start for Liverpool? Does anyone remember Terry struggle when he was younger?  Give taylor time, let him mature in to the team. Give him a leader to play alongside, like Carragher had in Hyypia, like Terry had in Desailly, then we will have a top top class player.

I just hate how we write off players in here, how fast we turn against our own.  We need to be supportive of our players, hail them when they are doing great, motivate them when they are playing bad, and thats the way to become winners...!

I think you've gone too far - very few are comparing Taylor to Bramble for instance, and most agree that Taylor is in the above-average to good catagory.

But the fact is that he's still young and, as a footballer, still fairly immature with regards to his positioning and decision making. That's not to say he's shite, just that there's plenty of scope for improvement.

You say he needs a quality, experienced partner to play alongside, and that's a valid point. But there's also something to be said for training with two superior centre halves, watching them from the bench and filling in when required.

There's no need to rush the lad - as you say he has the potential to be our Terry or Carragher, but if we push him too hard too fast then we run the risk of destroying his potential. You said it yourself - give him time - and part of that time (for me a lot of next season) should be spent on the bench. Just think back to the start of this season when Taylor was in very poor form indeed - imagine if we had the players to be able to take Taylor out of the firing line and build up his confidence?

That said, there's also a case for him to be playing at right back alongside two superior centre halves, watching how it's done from close quarters - after all, it worked for Carragher...