Mido...

Guest TheOrder
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest teepee

i'd give him a years contract with the option of one more.... but no permanent at this point

Mido is a very very very very good player when fit. The problem is he's hardly ever fit and he keeps putting on weight. If Allardyce can sort him out you will have a excellent player with bags of potential.

Oh and Mido's atitude at spurs was first class tbh so i doubt you'd get any problems with him.

Why all the clubs then?

As i said. Mido's atitude AT SPURS was first class.

Why did he let himself get so out of shape then?

3 stone overweight apparently? Is that the sign of a good attitude?

Attitude in a sense that he never complained publicly when he was continuously overlooked, he always gave 100% whenever he was picked, he never spoke bad about Jol or the team publicly.

3 stone overweight?? What bollocks

He's a professional footballer yeah? He knows he's got to keep himself in good condition physically yeah? So why the fuck, if his attitude is spot on, does he let himself get so out of shape? It's a fair question.

PS the 3 stone bit came from MJ on this very forum. (May have been 2 stone thinking about it but the point still stands)

EDIT: Just checked and he had to lose 30lb's in order to pass his medical making his loan deal permanent from Roma according to MJ. That's a shade over 2 stone. One of you is lying.  :lol: :lol:

Wasn't that when MJ said he was massively overweight then a couple of days later someone posted a pic of him playing in some random game and he looked in great shape? :lol:

Mido is a very very very very good player when fit. The problem is he's hardly ever fit and he keeps putting on weight. If Allardyce can sort him out you will have a excellent player with bags of potential.

Oh and Mido's atitude at spurs was first class tbh so i doubt you'd get any problems with him.

Why all the clubs then?

As i said. Mido's atitude AT SPURS was first class.

Why did he let himself get so out of shape then?

3 stone overweight apparently? Is that the sign of a good attitude?

Attitude in a sense that he never complained publicly when he was continuously overlooked, he always gave 100% whenever he was picked, he never spoke bad about Jol or the team publicly.

3 stone overweight?? What bollocks

He's a professional footballer yeah? He knows he's got to keep himself in good condition physically yeah? So why the fuck, if his attitude is spot on, does he let himself get so out of shape? It's a fair question.

PS the 3 stone bit came from MJ on this very forum. (May have been 2 stone thinking about it but the point still stands)

EDIT: Just checked and he had to lose 30lb's in order to pass his medical making his loan deal permanent from Roma according to MJ. That's a shade over 2 stone. One of you is lying.  :lol: :lol:

Wasn't that when MJ said he was massively overweight then a couple of days later someone posted a pic of him playing in some random game and he looked in great shape? :lol:

...had to lose 30lb's to pass his medical....

The game was after the medical. Allegedly.  :lol:

Guest Guinness

I'd definately take a gamble on Mido, he's a very talented player on his day. He's decent in the air and could potentially form a good partnership with Owen or Martins. With Sam's record of dealing with 'troubled' players I'd have every confidence in him sorting any attitude problems that may arise.

Guest kingdawson

Im not convinced, it came from MJ :lol:

Just trying to ascertain who's telling the biggest lie tbh.  :lol:

I fail to see how i lied?

Didn't say you did!  :lol:

I don't argue with idiots. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.  :rolleyes:

Mido is leaving Spurs this summer, just been reported on SSN. Would you take the gamble?

I would, I believe Sam would take no s*** and put him on a diet regime etc... He's still very talented.

One year deal maybe? Worth a punt.

He is not worth a punt.  Trust me.  MJ's biggest mistake since he joined Spurs (and he's made a few) was talking Levy into believing Mido had changed his ways.

Mido is leaving Spurs this summer, just been reported on SSN. Would you take the gamble?

I would, I believe Sam would take no s*** and put him on a diet regime etc... He's still very talented.

He is not worth a punt.  Trust me.  MJ's biggest mistake since he joined Spurs (and he's made a few) was talking Levy into believing Mido had changed his ways.

Are you pissed??  Didn't you ever wonder why Mido never played? 

Guest kingdawson

I don't argue with idiots. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.  :rolleyes:

Were not really arguing tbh. Ive just given my opinion as to why i think Mido would probably be a good signing for your lot. If you want to disagree then its really up to you.

Guest kingdawson

hmmmm coz Berbatov was better?

Were not really arguing tbh. Ive just given my opinion as to why i think Mido would probably be a good signing for your lot. If you want to disagree then its really up to you.

how can someone who hasn't set the world alight at spuds be a good signing for us?? seen as we want to improve our side why take cast offs? (can see him signing a 3 year deal now)

:cheesy:

Was he always in tip-top shape then? Did he look after himself physically? Did he fit into the dressing room at Spurs? No attitude problems at all?

Guest kingdawson

how can someone who hasn't set the world alight at spuds be a good signing for us?? seen as we want to improve our side why take cast offs? (can see him signing a 3 year deal now)

The correct term is Spurs.

My personnel opinion is that Mido is a very good 4th choice striker and i would like him to stay. "cast offs"? stop being so proud. If the player is capable then whats the problem with him not getting any games at another club, it shouldnt matter.

OK, I'll put it another way.  Berbatov was never rotated, he was always starting, even when it was patently obvious he was knackered.  Defoe was always on the bench to replace Keane, why wasn't Mido on the bench to replace Berbatov?  Because every week Mido would train until Thursday and then say he had picked up an injury, that's why.  He even cleared off back to Egypt half way though the season! 

Guest kingdawson

Was he always it tip-top shape then? Did he look after himself physically? Did he fit into the dressing room at Spurs? No attitude problems at all?

As ive already said i meant "no attitude problems" as in no problems with the staff and club. I also already mentioned that he was overweight so in that sense he did have some problems.

Whats the point in taking the Stevie approach and insulting me when this is meant to be a discussion?

The correct term is Spurs.

My personnel opinion is that Mido is a very good 4th choice striker and i would like him to stay. "cast offs"? stop being so proud. If the player is capable then whats the problem with him not getting any games at another club, it shouldnt matter.

you say spurs i say spuds

you have just added to my point the point is a player who cant get a game at the other club is not a good signing (and im not meaning where there are 3/4 world class players per position i.e. chelsea) why would mido want to warm our bench any more than he is enjoying warming yours. We can all agree he is very capable at warming a seat on the bench even my arse can do that but why waste 3-4 million on a player when we already have expensive players clogging up the wage bill.

No thanks you can keep him or portsmouth can have him

Guest kingdawson

OK, I'll put it another way.  Berbatov was never rotated, he was always starting, even when it was patently obvious he was knackered.  Defoe was always on the bench to replace Keane, why wasn't Mido on the bench to replace Berbatov?  Because every week Mido would train until Thursday and then say he had picked up an injury, that's why.  He even cleared off back to Egypt half way though the season! 

Bollocks. I take it you got this rubbish from the pathetic Itk's?. Mido was not picked because:

1) Berbatov was better

2) Jol probably just wanted 1 sub striker on the bench

3) Mido's been injured for a while

Was he always it tip-top shape then? Did he look after himself physically? Did he fit into the dressing room at Spurs? No attitude problems at all?

As ive already said i meant "no attitude problems" as in no problems with the staff and club. I also already mentioned that he was overweight so in that sense he did have some problems.

Whats the point in taking the Stevie approach and insulting me when this is meant to be a discussion?

Who's insulted you? Me?  :lol:

I said I don't argue with idiots. If you've presumed I mean that you are an idiot then that's your problem.  :lol:

The bloke has/had attitude problems. The fact he ate like Cyril Smith and thus ruled himself out of even being considered for selection means he's not right upstairs. If you want to gloss over that and spin it as him not slagging the club off publically then that's up to you.  :lol:

Mido's shite, couldnt get at game at spuds, hasnt set the prem on light, isnt much of a goal scorer, 4th choice striker yes, but not on the money he'll want. Honestly rather have Ameobi and Carroll than him, with Owen n Martins are the first two. (Obviously i'd love us to sign somebody good enough to be our 3rd striker ahead of Shola, but dunno how likely it is to happen - Fatty Viduka?)

Mido's shite, couldnt get at game at spuds, hasnt set the prem on light, isnt much of a goal scorer, 4th choice striker yes, but not on the money he'll want. Honestly rather have Ameobi and Carroll than him, with Owen n Martins are the first two. (Obviously i'd love us to sign somebody good enough to be our 3rd striker ahead of Shola, but dunno how likely it is to happen - Fatty Viduka?)

baring in mind martins will disappear to the african nations this season we may rely on shola more than some would like