Andy Carroll.

kane2005

I think it will be better if we keep him here and give him 7-10 games and try to improve him..

we get enough of a squad together i would like the "kids" to go out there and get regular lower league football and then come back and be a more experienced player for it

Fair enough, but i prefer him over Ameobi tbh..

Idiotic.  You've seen half an hour at most of the lad.

And i've seen Ameobi 219 times, and i much rather take the risk on the likes of Luque and Carroll then play him again. lets face it, he is simply never was and never will be good enough to play in the starting eleven in our team.

I think it will be better if we keep him here and give him 7-10 games and try to improve him..

we get enough of a squad together i would like the "kids" to go out there and get regular lower league football and then come back and be a more experienced player for it

And i've seen Ameobi 219 times, and i much rather take the risk on the likes of Luque and Carroll then play him again. lets face it, he is simply never was and never will be good enough to play in the starting eleven in our team.

I think everyone will get a new chance under Sam, and Ameobi is definitly not one of those who doesnt want to be here.

I have a feeling wor Showlah will win Sam over with his commitment and determination, but pre season friendlies will decide what role he will have in this club IMO

And i've seen Ameobi 219 times,

I bet you haven't.

And i've seen Ameobi 219 times,

I bet you haven't.

In that case it will be money well spent..

Seriously though, how many more games does he have to play before people start to realise he is shit ?

He's been out for a while, i know, but the last time Shola was playing consistently poor, was mid 05/06 season. Since then, he's moved on from Shearer's shadow, got a 1 in 2 record from that point on and led the line well. He did well for Roeder, but it would have burned out simply due to the boss' tactics. Shola's big but he ain't a long ball fella - one of many reasons for why he didn't work with Shearer.

New start for what is potentially a very new Shola. Shut the fuck up and give the lad a chance.

He's been out for a while, i know, but the last time Shola was playing consistently poor, was mid 05/06 season. Since then, he's moved on from Shearer's shadow, got a 1 in 2 record from that point on and led the line well. He did well for Roeder, but it would have burned out simply due to the boss' tactics. Shola's big but he ain't a long ball fella - one of many reasons for why he didn't work with Shearer.

New start for what is potentially a very new Shola. Shut the f*** up and give the lad a chance.

I am more then willing to give him a (nother) chance..but honestly if he deserves a chance then everyone else in our team does..even Carr, Babayaro, Luque ..

New start for what is potentially a very new Shola. Shut the f*** up and give the lad a chance.

I am more then willing to give him a (nother) chance..but honestly if he deserves a chance then everyone else in our team does..even Carr, Babayaro, Luque ..

Difference is, Shola's actually decent.

Thing is Shola deserves a chance because he works his arse off for it!

IN TRAINING!!

I don't care if he was the next Alan Shearer in training, its still training,..

the truth is he is s*** on the field and i don't care how hard he works in training its his  peformence in the games is what really matters

IN TRAINING!!

I don't care if he was the next Alan Shearer in training, its still training,..

the truth is he is s*** on the field and i don't care how hard he works in training its his  peformence in the games is what really matters

He has played through injury for god knows how long now, the other fuckers you mentioned are straight in the physios room as soon at they strain their finger opening a can.

Since Shearer retired Shola has looked a half decent player, thats more than can be said of the other wasters you think deserve a chance.

IN TRAINING!!

I don't care if he was the next A;an Shearer in training, its still training,..

You have made your mind up. Fair enough. As Gemmill says though, it is an idiotic statement to put Carroll ahead of him. Ameobi isn't great, however, it is nonsense to say he is shit.

Played 219 games, scored 46 goals, an average of  .23 goal per game, 1 goal for every 4 games just screams decent..

While Luque is a tosser who dosn't deserve to wear the jersey and should fuck off for the first club that comes for him..

oo well, don't want to be like Invicta and argue for 7 + pages

Basically my point is that he has been given his chance before and didnt really show anything special, and i don't think giving him more chances will make him any better.. But, i won't mind if Sam Allardyce trys and get the best of him.. will be delighted if he turns to  a good player but i pretty much doubt it.

Played 219 games, scored 46 goals, an average of  .23 goal per game, 1 goal for every 4 games just screams decent..

While Luque is a tosser who dosn't deserve to wear the jersey and should fuck off for the first club that comes for him..

Decent argument. :)

Like i've said before. Shola's been playing in Shearer's shadow for years and it was never going to happen for him while Big Al was about. He's did better whenever he led the line, and has done well since Shearer finished/back end of 05/06.

One in 4 whilst playing most of those games alongside a striker who clearly didn't work for him.

While Luque is a tosser who dosn't deserve to wear the jersey and should f*** off for the first club that comes for him..

Decent argument. :)

Like i've said before. Shola's been playing in Shearer's shadow for years and it was never going to happen for him while Big Al was about. He's did better whenever he led the line, and has done well since Shearer finished/back end of 05/06.

Good point. Shola has also played as a substitute on many occasions which skew the stats. He isnt the best. We know that. Some people clearly haven't seen the shite that has played for Newcastle if they think Shola is shite! Anyway, stats mean very little. Craig Bellamy was fit all season in a successful season and scored less than 1 in every 4. Does that mean he is shite too?

It's just a daft statement.

Ameobi's a decent squad striker. No more.

He'll come in and do a job and score a few but I'd hate to have to rely on him to get goals on a regular basis. He's nowhere near as bad as some make him out to be, but he's limited.

ffs you just wouldnt let go will you?

This is Shola Ameobi we are talking about, I know things are looking up but i am starting to think people will come here and say Ramage is the next Terry ..

Anyway,i really don't want to drag this argument any longer considring the thread is not even about Ameobi, we'll just wait and see what will he do next season rather then have a pointless argument about him.

He'll come in and do a job and score a few but I'd hate to have to rely on him to get goals on a regular basis. He's nowhere near as bad as some make him out to be, but he's limited.

Sums it up really.

Sums it up really.

Aye,he will do well as our 4th choice striker/the new Sibireski, but hardley good enough to start as a first team regular..

ffs you just wouldnt let go will you?

This is Shola Ameobi we are talking about, I know things are looking up but i am starting to think people will come here and say Ramage is the next Terry ..

Anyway,i really don't want to drag this argument any longer considring the thread is not even about Ameobi, we'll just wait and see what will he do next season rather then have a pointless argument about him.

Amusing, coming from someone who couldn't resist the last sentence.

Sums it up really.

Aye,he will do well as our 4th choice striker/the new Sibireski, but hardley good enough to start as a first team regular..

I don't think anyone was claiming him to be the next Henry or anything tbf, you just went off on a big spaz!

Sums it up really.

I don't think anyone was claiming him to be the next Henry or anything tbf, you just went off on a big spaz!

I did didn't i ???

So we all agree that Ameobi is not s*** but at the same time not first team/regular starter material ?