'vested' interests

Guest Invicta_Toon

Guest Invicta_Toon

*disclaimer for all spastics - this is not a serious post - it is just for a laugh*

so now we have cashley in charge, we have a situation where:

1. in a meaningless derby game say at the end of the season (other than local pride at stake), we have a situation where it may be of benefit for the mackems to win, as they'll get all proud and haughty, and go buy more Umbro and retro Lonsdale strips, both of which ashley has a stake in

2. if we are in the bottom uefa cup spot, and we meet blackburn in the FA cup final, we have a situation where ashley has an interest in newcastle losing, because ashley is the exclusive distributor for rovers tat and would benefit from rovers getting a euro place

3. the club chairman now has more money invested in the club sponsor than the club itself, which should make for interesting negotiations in future

This is very worrying.It's precisely this sort of conflict of interest that is making my anxious about the deal,and I'd much rather keep Shepherd on as Chairman and have him buy the club outright.That way we can sleep easier at nights,without the worry of the situations you have described ever arising.

*disclaimer for all spastics

mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

Dont think the conflicts of interest really arise because share price isnt going to be massively affected if for example Rovers got a Wefa spot (If they won the league however!..)

Guest Invicta_Toon

he hasn't got a stake in Umbro as far as i know, but he has a 'special relationship' with them, i.e. he sells shitloads of their gear in return for preferential trade discounts

he hasn't got a stake in Umbro as far as i know, but he has a 'special relationship' with them, i.e. he sells shitloads of their gear in return for preferential trade discounts

Sounds like he used to have a stake in Umbro.

'On Friday, Sports World International, a group owned by the entrepreneur Mike Ashley, said its stake in Umbro had fallen below 3%. Late yesterday, traders said Sports World had sold its remaining 1.86m shares at 120p each.'

http://www.sharecrazy.com/share2607share/share.php?disp=broker&epic=UMB'

This is very worrying.It's precisely this sort of conflict of interest that is making my anxious about the deal,and I'd much rather keep Shepherd on as Chairman and have him buy the club outright.That way we can sleep easier at nights,without the worry of the situations you have described ever arising.

There' is NO chance of YOU suffering from insomnia - if Shepherd had got control, I wouldn't have been able to sleep ANY night.! Heaven has at least preserved us from THAT fate..!!