Hyypia in Toon?

Guest Andrew Flintoff

Guest Andrew Flintoff

TalkSPORT allegedly reporting Hyypia in Toon for talks?

Could be crap like, typical of talkSPORT to make up crap...

would be a good addition, mainly as a 3rd choice behind another new CB and Taylor. Hyypia would also help Taylor along in my opinion.

Would be very pleased if we sign Sami up to a 2yr deal.

Guest Andrew Flintoff

I'd take him for a year like. Someone like him to work with Taylor would be quality IMO - as long as we don't make a habit of signing these types of players!

Guest DavB93

Would he come here to be on the bench as that's what he's doing at Liverpool...would only want him as a squad player.

I'd take him for a year like. Someone like him to work with Taylor would be quality IMO - as long as we don't make a habit of signing these types of players!

Is it really that bad though? If Taylor does keep developing, just keep making a Hyypia-like signing every year to partner him and have a freebie centre-back partnership every season. :lol:

Its funny how everyone describes him as old and slow, he's coming up 34 and made 24 appearances for the Champions League runners up, plus pace has never been his main attribute!

Hreidersson has signed for Pompey, so fully expect Campbell to leave now. He would also be a great signing, and most people on here want him. Campbell is one year younger than Hyypia and not exactly blessed with pace either.

Guest gggg
Would'nt supprise me if its true, new manager same old Toon, signing a player that used to be class but is now just old and slow..

Difference is we've now got a manager capable of getting something out of those players.

Would peeps be happy if our CB's for next season were Taylor, Hyypia, Ben Haim and Campbell?

Compared to Bramble, Taylor, Ramage & Gooch I doubt anyone can say they won't be happy with them, for this season at least.

Guest gggg

Would peeps be happy if our CB's for next season were Taylor, Hyypia, Ben Haim and Campbell?

If they wouldnt be they want their heads testing.

Guest alex

he's better than what we have currently (nothing)

Taylor is better than Hyypia...easily.

Is Hyppia that bad now like? ;)

Guest DavB93

he's better than what we have currently (nothing)

Taylor is better than Hyypia...easily.

Is Hyppia that bad now like? ;)

;D  Taylor is much better than Hyypia and will hopefully continue to improve.