Beckham loan move?

madras

Guest alex

I wonder if somewhere like Inter is a more likely possibility, with the slower pace of the Italian game and the shops there being even better than the Metro Centre.

No point having another over paid person on the books, especially for 12 weeks - that would effectively mean starting again when he gets here and reverting back to the old system when he leaves.

Not a good idea imo - even if we have millions to spunk away.

Baron von Fat is going to be the ITK on this one, but I strongly believe that AEG (the primary owner of Beck's deal) and especially CAA (his "representation") have been circulating this story. All of the parties involved in Backham's contract benefit through this story including Beckham himself. AEG need Beckham to remain relevant (and in the papers) to make this deal work financially - CAA are in charge of raising his profile and since Adidas own a piece of the contract he could only ever be loaned out to another Adidas side. Reagrdless of this being a real story (I doubt it) this will ocntinue to be repeated all the way into January of next year because it only helps keep him in the headlines and raise the possibility of both AEG and CAA (who are the primary media contacts anyway) make more money. CAA would like nothing better than to have the LA Times (which has limited "Soccer" coverage) have the headline in their sport section be "GALAXY DENIES BECKHAM LOAN MOVE" or "ENGLAND STILL NEEDS BECKHAM: LOAN MOVE ON?"

From Adidas' perspective this is also a win-win: more clubs = more shirt sales. Beckham wins because he is talked about and is still "needed" in England. MLS wins because they get to talk about themselves - this was the reason they signed Beckham. If he came over and all he did was play football and win the Galaxy a few titles without much media attention that would be a failure. They need buzz and they will fabricate it if necessary.