Beckham loan move?

madras

Aye, OK. Let's get some cheap shite in, then.

No, its a much betteridea to get players who aren't upto it, and pay them too much.

Lets not bother getting the RIGHT players, eh? That't be stupid.

Meanwhile, out in the real world, the kind of talent that makes a difference at the top is rare enough that people are talking forty mill for fucking Berbatov.

It'll take a while to build a decent team again. During the rebuilding phase I bet there will be a lot of coming and going. Beckham on a loan spell? I wouldn't have a big prob with it.

Despite it paying 10 good players wages?

Berbatov is a great player, better than our comparitor, so we ave fuck all room to comment on is worth, in fairness.

Oh, and we aren't at the top. We are in the 3rd tier in the PL, well below our natural place in the second tier.

It's a nothing story and if it were true I wouldn't want him and his skinny wife and the media circus that follows them around anywhere near Newcastle. To bring such a big "star" would just unsettle other players and the team as a whole.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/tm_headline=becks-for-toon%26method=full%26objectid=19206528%26siteid=93463-name_page.html

DAVID BECKHAM is planning a sensational return to England with Newcastle in a bid to extend his international career.

A delighted Beckham was last night celebrating his recall to the England set-up and plotting a way to make it a long-term return... with a winter loan deal to Tyneside on the cards. Beckham will join LA Galaxy next month but realises he has to be playing at the highest level to convince Steve McClaren of his ability to hold down a place in the England side.

With the American MSL season ending in November, Beckham would be free to join a Premiership side on join a Premiership side on loan from January and play for three months back home, the same way Henrik Larsson did for Man United last season.

New Toon boss Sam Allardyce would jump at the chance to take Beckham to Tyneside.

He said last night: "If it is possible to get David Beckham to St James' Park, we would really go for it. I would love to have David on board."

With the backing of billionaire Mike Ashley, who is likely to have bought Newcastle outright by then, the Geordies will have little trouble paying Beckham's massive wages.

Interesting that there's an actual quote from Big Sam himself mind.

If it wasn't Sunday tabloid bullshit, would it actually be bad news?

Beckham here for a loan spell while the club is rebuilding? Why not? Think of him like Gallagher under Robson. Bit of class and experience. A real trier. Stabilising influence. Creator of chances. There's a bit football left in him yet and I bet Allardyce would know how to get the best out of him. He could keep l'il Mickey O. company and catch up with Butt. Ashley will use him to sell shirts, the profile of the club will be elevated, and joy shall be throughout the Toon.

Why not? Because we should be moving away from paying people more than they are worth.

Shambles, £40k, Dire, £85k, Owen £102k, Beckham, £533k a week.

Correct. On footballing grounds though I would like him here. More interesting - and amusing too - is Mandiarse is almost certainly one of those who if the  outgoing board had pushed through this particular deal, would be moaning on about "trophy signing"

Guest nufc 4 life

Still a very good player could give experience to Milner and add some depth to the squad , we would only have to pay for his wages for one year so thats not too bad especially with Mike Ashley's money.

Still a very good player could give experience to Milner and add some depth, we would only have to pay for his ages for one year so thats not too bad especially with Mike Ashley's money.

I wouldnt like the thought of an ageing star wanting to crawl back into Englands good favours and we stump up all or half of his half a million a week wages do you recon our "big stars" will approve?

Guest nufc 4 life

Still a very good player could give experience to Milner and add some depth, we would only have to pay for his ages for one year so thats not too bad especially with Mike Ashley's money.

I wouldnt like the thought of an ageing star wanting to crawl back into Englands good favours and we stump up all or half of his half a million a week wages do you recon our "big stars" will approve?

is he on 500,000 a week though? if he is then he can fuck off and SA would be stupid to go for him.

is he on 500,000 a week though? if he is then he can fuck off and SA would be stupid to go for him.

his deal was for about that yea

Didn't it include various image rights etc...? I thought his actual wage paid by the club was a hell of a lot less than that?

Didn't it include various image rights etc...? I thought his actual wage paid by the club was a hell of a lot less than that?

i think he is expected to earn around the 120 million mark over 5 years but true I dont know what breaks down into weekly wages/image rights but even if he was only on £150.000p/w we already have owen on a hell of alot but bringing beckham in would still cause bad feeling with the other players

It is not a shocking news this. Adidas biggest clothes horse linked to a club that wears Adidas that is about to be taken over  by the UKs biggest sports retailer who has a 3% stake in Adidas.

You've been thinking on that bus again havent you?  :D

Ive watched Beckham play for Real this season and he has been in fantastic form, I'd definately have him here. Some times i get the feeling some people are righting him off just because its Beckham.

But....Didnt Beckham say he'd never play for another Premiership team?

Link

LA Galaxy president Alexei Lalas has admitted David Beckham could be loaned out to a European team, but this stance has not been adopted by the club's coach Frank Yallop.

Beckham's return to the England fold has heightened speculation he could be loaned to a team in Europe when the MLS season ends in November, in order to boost his chances of playing at Euro 2008.

Galaxy officials initially gave the rumour short shrift, but Lalas' stance has since softened.

"We always consider possibilities that will make the player better as a soccer player and therefore make him a much more valuable asset because of that experience of going to play with another team on loan, or if we felt it made proper business sense and it is usually a combination of the two," Lalas said on Sky Sports News.

Yallop, though, believes Beckham would be better served putting his feet up once the American season draws to a close.

"We have a long season and a long pre-season, so he will need the break at the end of our season in October or November," said Yallop.

"We will need to give him a break and he will need a test, so I don't see any loan deals going on with David."

Beckham has not been drawn to comment on the speculation, but has made no secret of his desire to extend his England career and a loan move could suit the 32-year-old.

I'd have him on loan for a year, still one of the best crossers of the ball going.  Plus he'll be eager as hell to finish his career in Europe on a high note.  O0