Newcastle transfer XI team/squad

Thespence

Not sure about Nolan, Bolton fans seem desperate to get rid. Reo-Coker seems like too much of a gamble aswell!

There seems to be a gentleman's agreement in place reg Nolan. So not sure about that at all.

Not sure about Reo-Coker? Or Nolan?

And why is Anelka unsure does he have other offers from any big clubs, are Juve still in for him?

After trnasfer window my team would be:                 

Given

Solano©  Taylor  Ben Haim  Baines

Diego  Fernandes  Emre   

Gudjohnsen

Zigic        Martins

Great team.

yeah because Solano, Taylor and Baines are anything better than decent to good defenders

hmmmm im sure gary Neville said that Nobby could become a brilliant RB and he played Cronaldo better than anyone this season, Taylor is in the hunt for England and considered to be a very good CB already and Baines is one of tht best LB's in the league. i would class them as decent defenders. As for Fernandes he is a very good DM some of my mates who support Everton think hes brilliant and hes class at tackling.

I've got a season ticket at Everton. Fernandes is a class centre mid, very skilful  and has a great engine but he's not disciplined enough to be a defensive midfielder. As I said before, Carsley does that job for us, not Fernandes.

Given

Solano©  Taylor  Ben Haim  Baines

Diego  Fernandes  Emre   

Gudjohnsen

Zigic        Martins

Great team.

yeah because Solano, Taylor and Baines are anything better than decent to good defenders

hmmmm im sure gary Neville said that Nobby could become a brilliant RB and he played Cronaldo better than anyone this season, Taylor is in the hunt for England and considered to be a very good CB already and Baines is one of tht best LB's in the league. i would class them as decent defenders. As for Fernandes he is a very good DM some of my mates who support Everton think hes brilliant and hes class at tackling.

well yeah, that was my point

Would absolutely LOVE to see this team next season....

----------------Owen/Martins---Viduka-------------------

Tuncay-------Appiah--------M.Fernandes----Milner----

Jansen------Campbell---------Taylor-----Solano/New--

---------------------------Given--------------------------------

That team would be IMMENSE imo....

Guest khyberpass

Given

Solano©   Taylor   Ben Haim   Baines

Diego   Fernandes   Emre   

Gudjohnsen

Zigic                    Martins

Close to mine....

I'd start introducing Krul more; swap Haim for Hyppia; Have Milner in (our best midfielder by a country mile this year); Get in a selection from Barton/Arteta/Cahill/Bentley/Scholes; and alternate to Gudjohnsen (if we get Zigic) is Viduka...

------------------------------------------------Krul/Givens-------------------------------------------------------------------

Nobby-----------------------Taylor------------------------------Hyppia/Haim---------------------------------Baines

Milner-------------- --- Barton/Scholes------------------------- Arteta/Nzogbia

------------------------------------------- Gudjohnsen/Viduka------------------------------------------------                     

----------------------------Zigic ---------------------------------------Martins/Owen------------------------------

Oh, it would make me feel good to have an overtly attacking side...

Look at the top sides, and tacklers aren't the key...its the passers, crossers & shooters that make the difference...Manures tackle figures are really low...

Robben staying as Ben Haim heads for Chelsea

Jamie Jackson

Sunday June 3, 2007

The Observer

Two weeks after appearing ready to leave Stamford Bridge, Arjen Robben is set to stay at Chelsea after the club persuaded him to resist Bayern Munich's efforts to entice him to Germany. The Dutch winger, who cost £12million in the summer of 2004, is said by a Stamford Bridge insider to be 'more than happy' in west London, despite a sometimes fractious relationship with Jose Mourinho.

A Chelsea player will have something to celebrate tomorrow, when Michael Essien is given the BBC's African footballer of the year award in Accra, Ghana. And he may have a new team-mate in the next week, to add to Steve Sidwell and Claudio Pizarro, if Tal Ben Haim can be persuaded to join the club. Chelsea will have to fight off Liverpool and Newcastle, the latter now managed by the Israel central defender's former boss at Bolton, Sam Allardyce. The 25-year-old would have moved to Stamford Bridge in January if Bolton had not demanded £3m for a player who is now a free agent.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2094119,00.html?gusrc=rss&feed=5

• 1 month later...