Good News For England....

Guest Morph

Guest Triglett

King is truly awesome. Injuries are the only thing holding him back (although I'm sure some would argue Spurs are too - had he been at a higher profile club, he'd definitely be recognised as one of the top CBs in Europe). Every bit as good as Berbatov. Except he's a defender. You know what I mean though.

Think you've slightly over-egged the pudding there mind. He's good but he's not that good.

I don't. Seriously, I like to think I can be objective, even about Spurs, and he is the dogs. I wish he got the praise he deserves  :'(

Not gonna happen when he's playing DM for England though. AGAIN. Ahead of Carrick. f****** tosspot of a manager.

Fair enough, but I don't think you'd get too many neutrals agreeing with you that he's one of the top CB's in Europe - regardless of who he plays for. He's simply not. You're entitled to your opinion though.  :thup:

You shouldn't have to justify yourself (and it's always rather tedious analyzing a player's strengths and weaknesses in detail), but could you tell me why not? There must be some weakness - is it consistency, positioning, strength, tackling, aggression?? Personally, I can't see it - he's done a magnificent job on the pitch for both Spurs and England for a good 4 or 5 years now.

Could you name me an elite player outside the top 3 or 4 clubs in any league? Defenders go even more unnoticed. I think it's natural to dismiss certain players because of the clubs they play for, just at a subconscious level.

King is truly awesome. Injuries are the only thing holding him back (although I'm sure some would argue Spurs are too - had he been at a higher profile club, he'd definitely be recognised as one of the top CBs in Europe). Every bit as good as Berbatov. Except he's a defender. You know what I mean though.

Think you've slightly over-egged the pudding there mind. He's good but he's not that good.

I don't. Seriously, I like to think I can be objective, even about Spurs, and he is the dogs. I wish he got the praise he deserves  :'(

Not gonna happen when he's playing DM for England though. AGAIN. Ahead of Carrick. f****** tosspot of a manager.

Fair enough, but I don't think you'd get too many neutrals agreeing with you that he's one of the top CB's in Europe - regardless of who he plays for. He's simply not. You're entitled to your opinion though.  :thup:

You shouldn't have to justify yourself (and it's always rather tedious analyzing a player's strengths and weaknesses in detail), but could you tell me why not? There must be some weakness - is it consistency, positioning, strength, tackling, aggression?? Personally, I can't see it - he's done a magnificent job on the pitch for both Spurs and England for a good 4 or 5 years now.

Could you name me an elite player outside the top 3 or 4 clubs in any league? Defenders go even more unnoticed. I think it's natural to dismiss certain players because of the clubs they play for, just at a subconscious level.

Woodgate, when he can keep himself fit, for a start.

Think the mug Mclaren is going to opt for Carragher over King :uglystupid2:.

You got to be kidding me..

No honestly, Mclaren will probably pick carragher over king.

Probably because Carragher is alot better than King

Are you on drugs?

Carragher is not technically good enough to play international football imo and is certainly too slow to partner John Terry. Carragher hasn't got the pace or passing range that Ledley King has in spades. He's a far more accomplished footballer and is also a match for Carragher defensively.

Carragher is quite solid defensively and gives 110% but a top class footballer he is not.  One of the most overhyped players of the last decade.

Guest kingdawson

Amazing stats regarding King.

Ledley King has been booked only 5 TIMES IN 9 YEARS OF PREMIERSHIP FOOTBALL.

1998- 2003   NEVER GOT BOOKED

2003-2004   1 yellow

2004-2005    2 yellows

2005-2006    1 yellow

2006-2007    1 yellow

and he's never received a red card....

Guest Triglett

I think I would put Woodgate and King in the same sort of bracket. I'm pretty sure that if you saw Ledley even half the amount of times you've seen Woodgate, you'd change your mind.

Ledley King has been booked only 5 TIMES IN 9 YEARS OF PREMIERSHIP.

1998- 2003  NEVER GOT BOOKED

2003-2004  1 yellow

2004-2005    2 yellows

2005-2006    1 yellow

2006-2007    1 yellow

is that a good or bad sign for a defender ?

Ledley King has been booked only 5 TIMES IN 9 YEARS OF PREMIERSHIP.

1998- 2003  NEVER GOT BOOKED

2003-2004  1 yellow

2004-2005    2 yellows

2005-2006    1 yellow

2006-2007    1 yellow

Wow, that's some stat, fair play to him.

I'd have King over Carragher every day like, pity about the injuries.

Does that include the Champs League final? the same final in which Carragher was at fault for both goals.

Yes. But How was Carragher at fault for both goals?

Gave the ball away for the first, and must have heard the last orders call for the second or something when he decided to try and play Inzagi offside.

I think I would put Woodgate and King in the same sort of bracket. I'm pretty sure that if you saw Ledley even half the amount of times you've seen Woodgate, you'd change your mind.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think King is a bad player at all. But the top 4 clubs' CB's are, arguably:- Ferdinand, Vidic, Terry, Carvalho, Carragher, Agger, Toure and Gallas. If you put them into some kind of order, King would only be above Agger imo. I don't think he's as good as the other 7.

Guest duffyg

It's not about who's better.It's about the best balance.Terry and Chagher would be the slowest defensive partnerhip in English History.Kaka & robinho will have a field day.King has to play with Terry-only because of his pace.

Does that include the Champs League final? the same final in which Carragher was at fault for both goals.

Gave the ball away for the first, and must have heard the last orders call for the second or something when he decided to try and play Inzagi offside.

It was Agger's fault for the first I thought. Carragher brought down the Milan playing to stop him going through after Agger had lost his place in the back line.

Guest kingdawson

It was Agger's fault for the first I thought. Carragher brought down the Milan playing to stop him going through after Agger had lost his place in the back line.

No chance mate. It was definatly carraghers fault. Add to that the other errors he made in the game when he had the audacity to shout at Agger as if it was his fault.

Guest kingdawson

Don't get me wrong, I don't think King is a bad player at all. But the top 4 clubs' CB's are, arguably:- Ferdinand, Vidic, Terry, Carvalho, Carragher, Agger, Toure and Gallas. If you put them into some kind of order, King would only be above Agger imo. I don't think he's as good as the other 7.

vidic? the guy has had one good season in the league yet he's already better then King who has had a number of excellent seasons?

Ferdinand >>>>> King

King >>>>> vidic

Terry >>>>> King

Carvlho >>>>> King

King >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Carragher

King >>>>> Agger

King = Toure

King = Gallas (would have king over Gallas though as Gallas is declining and has looked very dodgy this season)

I often laugh at Dawson for getting raped by the 34 year old Shearer's blistering pace, but remember when Carragher had a 5 yard head start on Kluivert who caught him and then absolutely skinned him?

Christ on a bike!

vidic? the guy has had one good season in the league yet he's already better then King who has had a number of excellent seasons?

Ferdinand >>>>> King

King >>>>> vidic

Terry >>>>> King

Carvlho >>>>> King

King >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Carragher

King >>>>> Agger

King = Toure

King = Gallas (would have king over Gallas though as Gallas is declining and has looked very dodgy this season)

Just my opinion.  :lol:

Vidic has looked excellent this season. I've been impressed every time I've watched him - and I think he'll be even better next season too. Better than stagnating like King has been doing for the last 5 years. That lad needs to be playing Champions League football if he's going to improve.

Guest brewer

lets face it ,after terry and woodgate thats a bit of a drop to ferdinand then a huge drop to whoevers next

Not really