David Rozehnal

Guest Darth Toon

Latest update from the L'Equipe website about 3 hours ago...

PSG - No agreement for Rozehnal

PSG's Czech Republic international David Rozehnal (27), hasn't yet signed for Newcastle, with who he's been linked with for several weeks. Alain Roche, PSG's Sporting Director has stated that the two clubs haven't agreed a fee. The player, who arrived in 2005 on a 4-year deal and has 34 Czech Republic caps, played 37 times in Le Championnat last season, scoring one goal.

2 mil seems really cheap for a international player that was PSGs best player last season and also was in the french leagues team of the season.

it does,he may be entering the last year of his contract,still seems low mind if he is all he is cracked up to be.

2 mil seems really cheap for a international player that was PSGs best player last season and also was in the french leagues team of the season.

Which is probably why they've told us where to go with that offer. Probably just testing the waters, and we'll eventually pay the £3m or whatever they want.

it does,he may be entering the last year of his contract,still seems low mind if he is all he is cracked up to be.

Hes just 26,, something surely seems strange. Probably the contract as you said..

Which is probably why they've told us where to go with that offer. Probably just testing the waters, and we'll eventually pay the £3m or whatever they want.

scary phrase where nufc is involved

He's still got 2 years left.

He's still got 2 years left.

hope thats on his contract

I think he read some jouranalist that described him as ''laughing-stock''. Might be something in it and have snything with the price to do?

But why would a ''laughing-stock'' become PSGs player of the year? Might be a Bramble that has started to perform.

Only me speculating about something I know nothing about, no facts!

I think he read some jouranalist that described him as ''laughing-stock''. Might be something in it and have snything with the price to do?

But why would a ''laughing-stock'' become PSGs player of the year? Might be a Bramble that has started to perform.

I think that was probably the pisstake thing in the Guardian, I wouldn't read too much into it.

no need to post that as it would apply to over 95% of posts on here.....98% of my own!

Guest elpapi

I don't know why people keep mentioning he's been PSG player of the year  :frantic: it's PSG man, look at their league table ffs  :undecided: they managed to finish 15th in the ordinary French league (42 goals against in 38 matches)... wow and he's their best player of the year... impressive  :o

as I'm from Bruges, he played 2 years with Club Bruges, he was just very ordinary, Club Bruges were happy to offload him when PSG offered them a profit on the fee they bought him for. I don't know how he developed as a player (he's a czech international these days), but I won't be overly impressed if we sign this lad... Mind I thought Onyewu would make it in the EPL, that didn't turn out that way.

I don't know why people keep mentioning he's been PSG player of the year  :frantic: it's PSG man, look at their league table ffs  :undecided: they managed to finish 15th in the ordinary French league (42 goals against in 38 matches)... wow and he's their best player of the year... impressive  :o

He was in France's team of the season aswell, though.

I don't know why people keep mentioning he's been PSG player of the year  :frantic: it's PSG man, look at their league table ffs  :undecided: they managed to finish 15th in the ordinary French league (42 goals against in 38 matches)

And they only conceded 42 goals, Toulouse who finished 3rd conceded more. I'd say that's more relevant than how many goals they scored. It's the same at City the defence is solid but the strikers can't hit a barn door so the team is shite.

Plus he was in the the French league's team of the year, ergo he's the second best centre back in the league playing for the 15th best club.

as I'm from Bruges, he played 2 years with Club Bruges, he was just very ordinary, Club Bruges were happy to offload him when PSG offered them a profit on the fee they bought him for. I don't know how he developed as a player (he's a czech international these days), but I won't be overly impressed if we sign this lad... Mind I thought Onyewu would make it in the EPL, that didn't turn out that way.

to someone looking at newcastle in a similar light if we were to sell milner tommorow and he was our player of the season people may say "who gives a shit the team finished below the likes of reading dont sign the fucker"

I mean he may not be what we are looking for but we have lost alot of defends and if the club still plan to loan out the kids we need bodies in and he isnt going to cost the earth.

Guest justin99.

I've been trying to find out some info on Rozehnal and all I can find is positive news! Not sure if that's good or bad?

He's a player still to reach his peak, yet has represented his country on many occasions cementing a starting position.

Has an immaculate track record regarding injuries.

Regarded as one of the best defenders in France, who was named PSG's player of the year and also earned a spot in the Ligue 1 team of the season.

Is also a very good height for a defender, 191cm.

Well I don't know what to make of it. Sounds like he wouldn't seem out of place playing for Man U or Barca.

I don't know why people keep mentioning he's been PSG player of the year  :frantic: it's PSG man, look at their league table ffs  :undecided: they managed to finish 15th in the ordinary French league (42 goals against in 38 matches)

And they only conceded 42 goals, Toulouse who finished 3rd conceded more. I'd say that's more relevant than how many goals they scored. It's the same at City the defence is solid but the strikers can't hit a barn door so the team is shite.

Plus he was in the the French league's team of the year, ergo he's the second best centre back in the league playing for the 15th best club.

Yep the smogs conceeded more than us, does that mean we had better centre backs than Woodgate?

Nothing to do with Rozehnal, but Ibrahim Ba is set to rejoin Milan on a one-year contract.  :buck2:

Says who? He couldnt get in the first team in Sweden and is playing in Serie C now.  :lol: