David Rozehnal

Guest Darth Toon

To top it off it was reported earlier that SA is tryin to get rid of Carr

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/deadreflection/stolen%20smilie%20folder/drool.gif

Where?

It wasnt much but it was in the journal.

Newcastle used Nolberto Solano as an emergency right-back last term, but Allardyce is unlikely to continue with that ploy, while he is also looking for buyers for Stephen Carr.

Ah... easier said than done. Be surprised if anyone would actually pay for him. That said, maybe Wigan would be interested...

Guest Northern Boys Love Gravy!

To top it off it was reported earlier that SA is tryin to get rid of Carr

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/deadreflection/stolen%20smilie%20folder/drool.gif

Where?

It wasnt much but it was in the journal.

Newcastle used Nolberto Solano as an emergency right-back last term, but Allardyce is unlikely to continue with that ploy, while he is also looking for buyers for Stephen Carr.

To be honest i personally think that Solano did a better job at right-back than Carr did... so I wouldnt be too bothered if car left

Guest DavB93

Really hope we try to sign Baines too from Wigan..then a good right back and we sorted (Luke Young possibly).

Guest DavB93

It was on skysports also about us after a French right back from Toulouse I think, least said about French defenders and newcastle the better I say.

We can do better than Young. If we manage to get the Ben Haim, Rozenhal and Baines then all we need is a good right back then when you add Taylor into the equation we will for the first time in my life have a very good back four.

It was on skysports also about us after a French right back from Toulouse I think, least said about French defenders and newcastle the better I say.

Based on 1 absolute failure?

(I wouldn't class Domi and Distin as failures personally)

We can do better than Young. If we manage to get the Ben Haim, Rozenhal and Baines then all we need is a good right back then when you add Taylor into the equation we will for the first time in my life have a very good back four.

Nobby could fulfill that role for one more season in my opinion, if we fail to locate a decent RB.

Guest DavB93

Overall they were a failure, both buggered off (Domi - went AWOL and Distin was more interested in the money)....

I think Nobby can do a job at right back, but it really is asking a bit much of him to play there every week at his age. We would be best of getting a natural right back in and getting rid of Carr, then keeping Nobby as back up right back and right wing.

Overall they were a failure, both buggered off (Domi - went AWOL and Distin was more interested in the money)....

Domi was homesick and we eventually got more or less back what we paid for him. Looked very good when he played. Distin was a loan signing and had no obligation to sign for us and did well. Plus Bobby preferred Bramble anyway so...

Chelsea have two who I reckon are better than Young and would come here. (Geremi & Johnson)

Johnson is s*** imo

Excellent at lPompey.

Hmm well i've not watched many Portsmouth games really over the last season but he hasn't really stood out when i have seen them. I'm not convinced anyway. I've just got a feeling Allardyce is gonna bring in a right back from abroad. A big strong physical one. Could be wrong though.

Isn't dyer going to be the new full back for us next season? Ashley cole style perhaps?

If he could learn to head a ball I don't think it would be too bad an idea...

Isn't dyer going to be the new full back for us next season? Ashley cole style perhaps?

If he could learn to head a ball I don't think it would be too bad an idea...

Aye all he needs to be able to do after that is tackle, pass and cross then we're laughing.

Guest DavB93

Domi was homesick and we eventually got more or less back what we paid for him. Looked very good when he played. Distin was a loan signing and had no obligation to sign for us and did well. Plus Bobby preferred Bramble anyway so...

So both of them in general where bad for Newcastle.

He isn't that bad a tackler really, it would also be a great asset to our team to have a back line that had the confidence to passs the ball out of defence and to initiate attacks from the back...

So both of them in general where bad for Newcastle.

Not on the same level as Boumsong who I'm pretty sure was the player you were thinking about when you wrote your original post.