Tomasson

Stevie

VFB Stuttgart are letting Tomasson go on a free.  Whatever you might think of him at the toon, what can't be denied is he's forged a fabulous career since leaving us.  UEFA Cup Winners medal, CL winners and losers medal, Serie A title, great international performances in big tournaments.  He's filled out a lot since he was here, and don't forget he was badly played out of position, while his contribution to "that night" against Barcelona, is often over looked.

I really think we could do a lot worse than have him as back up, and that's all I'd want him as to be honest, and perhaps he would give us an option of playing a different way on occasion as there aren't many players who are more tailor made for "the hole".

Guest alex

Aye, suffered from being played upfront alone here. Would have been quality alongside Shearer and looked the part in that pre-season tournament in (iirc) Dublin. Not seen much of him recently though.

From what I remember when he was at Feyenoord, don't take him. Too many injuries and not a finisher.

Roy Makaay is leaving Bayern, that would be a good signing since he always scores about 20 goals.

I always thought that Tomasson, with his dodgy hair and gold chain, looked like he actually came from North Shields.

Or was that just me?

I'd say more Windy Nook/Felling :thup:

Guest Gemmill

I always thought that Tomasson, with his dodgy hair and gold chain, looked like he actually came from North Shields.

Or was that just me?

:lol:  Drinks in the Black House.  My mate's dad used to run that place - fucking horrible.  I remember staying there once (above the pub) when his dad's girlfriend turned up looking for his dad.............with a baseball bat. :lol:

Stuttgart don't let him go an a free and Villareal (where he is on loan at the moment) do have an option to buy him.

Not what I've heard.

Interview with Stuttgart's director of football in the local newspaper. And I live near of Stuttgart.

He had great movement and got into plenty shooting positions when he was here the first time but fkn hell he could not shoot straight for love nor money. He did find that form though awayf rom here anf for free he may be worth looking at..

Guest teepee

he is a great finisher - no doubt about that. very one-dimensional though, he always side-foots it, never balsts the ball. in regards to his goalscoring ability just look at his form for denmark, he scores one in every second game, and that is against all sorts of opposition.

as for the stuttgart situation, the director is just trying to cover his arse because he knows he fucked up with the comment that they were desperate to get rid of him. furthermore villareal doesn't want to make the deal permanent. so i'm dead certain that he could be signed for no more that 1-2 million - and in my oppion he'd be a much better option than viduka! (but i am somewhat biased due to nationality and all that.... :D)

Guest alex

Totally different sort of player to Viduka though and Viduka is exactly the type of striker we need.

Guest Morph

Or was that just me?

:lol:  Drinks in the Black House.  My mate's dad used to run that place - fucking horrible.  I remember staying there once (above the pub) when his dad's girlfriend turned up looking for his dad.............with a baseball bat. :lol:

Not hard enough for the Felling, man.

Guest Gemmill

Or was that just me?

Not hard enough for the Felling, man.

I'm certainly not a big enough pleb for it. :razz:

Guest teepee

Totally different sort of player to Viduka though and Viduka is exactly the type of striker we need.

different yes - but he could be of just as much use to us - or even more. especially if the 60k per week rumours regarding viduka are correct.

tomasson is great in the air btw. - though not as a target man to punt long balls against from the full backs.

Guest alex

different yes - but he could be of just as much use to us - or even more. especially if the 60k per week rumours regarding viduka are correct.

tomasson is great in the air btw. - though not as a target man to punt long balls against from the full backs.

I don't see how Viduka's wage impacts on Tomasson's usefulness. Depends on a lot of things but if they stay Viduka would be a better partner for Martins/Owen. Great in the air is an exaggeration too imo.

Guest redmayne

From what I remember when he was at Feyenoord, don't take him. Too many injuries and not a finisher.

Roy Makaay is leaving Bayern, that would be a good signing since he always scores about 20 goals.

if thats true then i agree - in van nistelroy class

unbelievable player totally underrated

VFB Stuttgart are letting Tomasson go on a free.  Whatever you might think of him at the toon, what can't be denied is he's forged a fabulous career since leaving us.  UEFA Cup Winners medal, CL winners and losers medal, Serie A title, great international performances in big tournaments.  He's filled out a lot since he was here, and don't forget he was badly played out of position, while his contribution to "that night" against Barcelona, is often over looked.

I really think we could do a lot worse than have him as back up, and that's all I'd want him as to be honest, and perhaps he would give us an option of playing a different way on occasion as there aren't many players who are more tailor made for "the hole".

I always thought he had something more than we saw, and he would have done better if he had played alongside Sir Les or Shearer, instead of Arsprilla, who would have supported and helped him, especially after his first minute miss on his debut.

A young lad, 19 years old, playing in a new league, needs the senior professional to help him a bit, but Arsprilla spent months ambling around doing his own thing and was utterly useless to the lad. A disgrace to his profession.

As well as being also utterly useless on his own merits too, apart from one game.

Abkolutely agree. Probably Daglish's best signing. Playing behind the front man he has been awsome, late runs into the box etc., could be past his best now though

Abkolutely agree. Probably Daglish's best signing. Playing behind the front man he has been awsome, late runs into the box etc., could be past his best now though

JDT? The kid & even when he was a man never had the battle  to make it England & has never convinced me when he has played against British teams in the CL/Uefa cup or at international level when the Denmark have played British teams. This does not mean he has not been a good/great/excellent player.

I think people are looking at this through rose tinted glasses or are looking at his career since leaving & thinking we dumped him to early.