Toffs shirts, whats the quality like ?

Guest thenorthumbrian

I got myself the England 66 one for last summer's World Cup, and bought me dad the 1970's NUFC one for his 50th (with Macdonald's number 9 on).

They're good quality - they say don't machine wash, and never be tempted.

Me dad felt lazy, did so with the NUFC one and lets just say its makes him "more shapely" regarding his beer gut!

Generall good quality, have owned a White England '66  shirt for a few years, machine wash it & it is still in good nick.

I also had a Newcastle "Hughie Gallagher" shirt with the ties on the neck. That wasn't so good as the black faded fairly quickly (but then again I did machine wash it).

Guest Gemmill

I've got one of the Malcolm McDonald type long sleeved jobbies.  It's good quality, but it's SERIOUSLY long.  I'm over 6 foot and this thing is down to my fucking knees.  Pretty much unwearable unless you want to tuck it in, and I fucking well don't.

Wonder if they'll release the 95-97 top in a few years.

they're dirt cheap on Ebay, and there's a load of them.

Sadly hardly any have names on the back.

I have one as a seat cover on my desk chair with "Ferdinand 10" on, but alas it no longer fits - it's a pure gem!

Aye, i'd love one with Shearer or Ferdinand 9 on the back like. Any with names on the back on ebay will probably have been worn loads and in bad condition.

I've got one of the Malcolm McDonald type long sleeved jobbies.  It's good quality, but it's SERIOUSLY long.  I'm over 6 foot and this thing is down to my fucking knees.  Pretty much unwearable unless you want to tuck it in, and I fucking well don't.

I bet you look like Wee Willie Winky  :lol:

Guest Gemmill

Seriously, it's ridiculous.  I wore it at Cardiff and I looked like something out of the Bash Street Kids.  I meant to put it on a super hot wash or something but it'll end up like a babygro.

Guest Texasmag

Thanks Nobby. Will check this place out when I am over in July. :thup:

:thup: you been to Newcastle before?

From South Shields. Born and Bred.

Guest Gemmill

Thanks Nobby. Will check this place out when I am over in July. :thup:

:thup: you been to Newcastle before?

From South Shields. Born and Bred.

I'm a King George Road child. :cheesy:

Seriously, it's ridiculous.  I wore it at Cardiff and I looked like something out of the Bash Street Kids.  I meant to put it on a super hot wash or something but it'll end up like a babygro.

Howay, wear it to the Trent for the first match of the season. I'll come as Smiffy.  :laugh: