Cash in on Martins?

womblemaster
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Long term it may be Oba that benefits more form Sam & Viduka rather Mickey O. Stick with him. I don't think his basic skills will rocket up because of coaching as some suggest because he would of had all that at Inter. I do however think his positioning will improve under Sam's detailed planning methods & if he is in space with that power foot of his watch out you fuckers behind the goal the net bulge.

"was our best player this year "

shows how poor we were then.

what i saw with martins, was attacking moves breaking down because he repeatedly made wrong choices.  His touch and positioning are really poor for an international.

Maybe he does deserve the chance to improve, but if he doesnt then his value will decrease by 40%  maybe sam is confident he can regenerate him.

Signing deam ashton would be a wise move.  He would combine very well with viduka. 

Not sure is hes fully recovered though? The only doubt

he is 22 years old and was our best player this year he ain't going plus how many world class strikers have peaked at 22 ?

i would rather get owen out than martins !!

hes 28 aint he?

Buy Dean Ashton?

Yes, he's a quality player, would compliment Owen and Martins. Doubt we'd go for him though, and I have concerns about his fitness level and potential injuries.

Sell Martins?

:uglystupid2:

He's a very promising young talent, who has chipped in with a fair few goals in his first season in English football, under shite management. He'll only improve next season, would be stupid to sell him now....

Him out, sign Bellamy for a few million less. Owen out, sign a Gudjohnsen type. Would fit Allardyce's 4-3-3 much better.

-------------------------------------------------------Viduka-----------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------Gudjohnsen-------------------------Bellamy----------------------------------------------------

You don't need Dean Ashton, you've just got Viduka to do the same job

If you could sell Martins for a similar price to what Darren Bent would cost then you should do it in a flash. Or even Anelka who would be cheaper.

"was our best player this year "

shows how poor we were then.

what i saw with martins, was attacking moves breaking down because he repeatedly made wrong choices.  His touch and positioning are really poor for an international.

Maybe he does deserve the chance to improve, but if he doesnt then his value will decrease by 40%  maybe sam is confident he can regenerate him.

Signing deam ashton would be a wise move.  He would combine very well with viduka. 

Not sure is hes fully recovered though? The only doubt

I agree about Martins.

I don't think Ashton would be a good choice. I'd agree with 1878 - that he'd be too similar to Viduka. Ideally, you'd replace Martins with a quick player and Ashton is very slow. After his injury, he might be even slower.

If you could sell Martins for a similar price to what Darren Bent

We are linked with Luke Young from Charlton as well, not sure many will think a transfer  policy of signing "YOUNG & BENT" is the way forward.

This thread :lol:

17 goals for a 22 year old in his first season in English football. Yep, proper shite, sell him now while we can :uglystupid2:

Guest Peter Pan

This thread :lol:

17 goals for a 22 year old in his first season in English football. Yep, proper s****, sell him now while we can :uglystupid2:

It's because he isn't a true british lad. Ashton is, so he must be great player.  We must sign only british players cos all foreign players are big gambles and England is superior nation what becomes to football...  :frantic: :clap: :celb:

thing with martins to me is yes he scored 17 goals .. some crackers in the mix .. but off the ball and teamwork was shit, didnt really contribute much imo unless the ball was lead to his feet on the edge of the box..  i would personally cash in if the price was right. not just for a few million though

It's because he isn't a true british lad. Ashton is, so he must be great player.  We must sign only british players cos all foreign players are big gambles and England is superior nation what becomes to football...

What the fuck?!?! Have you read the posts in this thread? Have you looked at the voting? The majority are wanting Oba to stay, I guess the people who want him out are all neo-con BNP voting white males with skinheads from Cowgate.

Only two people in this thread look stupid the kid who started it & YOU.

If we could sell him for £13-15million I think I'd take the money. He did ok this season though. Not great, but ok. Needs a proper strike partner (like Viduka) before he can be judged him properly too.