Citeh look knacked!

Crumpy Gunt

More to do with when Ronaldinho got sent off Sven didn't have a clue how to make the extra man count.

Well ya. I always felt that was harsh. The players were absolutely wasted, I seem to remember Danny Mills being the only England player who could still run in the heat/humidity.

Sorry i didn't mean Brazil, i was talking about Euro 2004 and World cup 2006, so both Portugal games.

Dunno...there are a lot of good Portugal players there...apart from Maniche, Valente, Gomes, they were all pretty good. OK England had some good guys too (Apart from a left winger), but I don't think there's a dramatic difference, especially with Rooney out of the equation in both games and being replaced with players of the calibre of Vassell and Crouch-J Cole.

Guest SwissMagpie

Eriksson already started to work on the City squad,it seems that he is getting rid of Paul Dickov

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/worldcup/uploads/svensigns203.jpg

England lost to Brazil, and Portugal twice. Two on pens, the other by a freak goal. Hardly a disgrace losing that is it? In 2002, had we beat Brazil, the Brazilian press would have lynched Scolari for throwing away a lead with the best squad they've had for 20 years to a side who couldn't handle the climate. In 2004, had Portugal lost to us, they'd have had a go at Scolari for losing as the host nation with their side at their peak. In 2006 had we beaten Portugal they'd have had a go for losing against 10-men. It's all very well having a go at Sven, but look at the opposition all 3 times.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=473598&CPID=8&clid=43&lid=2&title=Thais+to+investigate+City+deal&channel=football_home&

Thais to investigate City deal

By Lewis Rutledge -  Created on 24 Jun 2007

Man City are 4/1 to be relegated. Click for more City specials!

Thai authorities are to examine the funds Thaksin Shinawatra is using to buy Manchester City.

The former Thailand Prime Minister has agreed an £81.6million deal to buy City even though concerns have been raised about the takeover.

Earlier this month Shinawatra's bank accounts in Thailand were frozen following an investigation into corruption, and the powers-that-be in his homeland are now keen to learn the source of the money he will draw on.

Shinawatra was required by law to declare all his assets during his time as Prime Minister, and none of the declarations disclosed any foreign assets.

Thai Finance Minister Chalongphob Sussangkarn admits he is mystified by Thaksin's latest venture, but has promised to uncover the truth.

"This money which would be used for Manchester City is still a mystery to Thailand, so I cannot tell where the money will be coming from," he said on the sidelines of the World Economic Forum on East Asia conference in Singapore.

"I am sure the Asset Examination Commission will look at the source of these funds and try to see whether they are legal funds that were taken out or by other means.

"If the deal goes ahead and the money is paid they will try to look at it.

"We don't know yet how he is going to finance it. We won't know until the deal is finalised."

Complete and utter irrelevance T'sT. The moneys have already been cleared by various banks in this country, there's nowt wrong with it. This is just more baseless mud-slinging from a bunch of bitter muppets.  :idiot2:

They really don't like the guy do they?

So is the money borrowed then? (that's why i posted it up as someone was asking the other day)

"Harris" here is Keith Harris, exec chairman of Seymour Pierce, the broker behind the deal.

Meanwhile Harris revealed it could take up to 21 days for Thaksin to assume full control at Eastlands.

Thaksin has had more than £1billion in assets frozen by the current Thai government as part of an investigation into his alleged corruption, but Harris insists this poses no threat to the takeover.

"A number of his bank accounts have been frozen. Some of them are personal and some corporate," said Harris.

"But the money used to finance the takeover and used to invest in the club are in bank accounts in England and beyond their (the Thai government's) reach.

"An offer document for the takeover bid will come out in the next couple of days.

"The takeover could be completed three days after that, or as long as 21 days after that."

As I said on page 1 (:coolsmiley:), he has money outside of Thailand, and a kangaroo commission set up by an illegal goverment can do nothing to affect that.

"Harris" here is Keith Harris, exec chairman of Seymour Pierce, the broker behind the deal.

Meanwhile Harris revealed it could take up to 21 days for Thaksin to assume full control at Eastlands.

Thaksin has had more than £1billion in assets frozen by the current Thai government as part of an investigation into his alleged corruption, but Harris insists this poses no threat to the takeover.

"A number of his bank accounts have been frozen. Some of them are personal and some corporate," said Harris.

"But the money used to finance the takeover and used to invest in the club are in bank accounts in England and beyond their (the Thai government's) reach.

"An offer document for the takeover bid will come out in the next couple of days.

"The takeover could be completed three days after that, or as long as 21 days after that."

As I said on page 1 (:coolsmiley:), he has money outside of Thailand, and a kangaroo commission set up by an illegal goverment can do nothing to affect that.

But what did Orville have to say about it?

Guest WalkervilleMag

as the new chairman said, the Thai authoritys have no right at all to freeze his assests, and i think that they will be forced to unfreeze them soon,  plus i have no dought that he will have a considarable amount of his money in overseas accounts, and thats what he will use in the meantime

Orville could not be reached for comment. While he does wish he could fly, right up to the Sky Sports News studios, unfortunately, he can't.

Keith Harris brokered Lerner's Villa takeover, I doubt he'd risk his respectability over a dodgy deal. By which I mean there's probably nothing dodgy about the deal.

Uh huh. Don't believe there is either. These guys in the City, theyre no mugs - and its hardly as if theyve rushed into this.

As I said on page 1 (:coolsmiley:), he has money outside of Thailand

How much though I wonder?

How long is a piece of string? Could be he only brought enough here to do this deal, and after this £50m has gone theres nowt left but what he can get for splitting the TV deal and making a killing out of assorted far eastern mugs. Or he could have brought it in by the wheelbarrow - I heard it mentioned once that he can match the £1.3bn thats frozen with moneys that aint, tho I doubt thats true. I would imagine he has quite a bit safe, and the attempts to get money out of Thailand that activated all this freezing was just trying to get the rest. Anyways, he seemed quite confident that he'll get his frozen moneys back once the Junta have gone forth and multiplied and there is a proper government again, after all the money *is* his, he was a bajillionaire before he entered politics.

Thaksin sounds like a cunt to me:

http://www.football365.com/mailbox/story/0,17033,8744_2444024,00.html

Good luck with that.

No going to kid myself that this guy is a misunderstood saint - But the issue are more complicated than what assorted ex-pats are saying there. I don't know much about Thai politics but one of the admins on a City site I use is married to a Thai woman and knows plenty. He absolutely mauls anyone who bites into Thaksin with stuff like whats in the mailbox there, mainly because he thinks Thaksin was a man of the people and his policies were concentrated away from the Bangkok middle classes (Which most ex-pats belong to) and theyve been taken in by Propoganda(HERE is a little about how the Junta are controlling pro-Thaksin thought). I'm sure the truth is somewhere in between but I take solace in the fact its no cut and dried that he's Idi Amin Jr.

City on Sven countdown

Peter Spencer

25/ 6/2007

SVEN-Goran Eriksson is set to be named as City's new manager in the next 24 hours.

The ex-England coach has made his mind up and is ready to sign a preliminary contract with the formal contract signed once he has been unveiled as the Blues boss.

He left his home in Sweden this morning for a summit meeting in London with his advisers and representatives of the Blues' new owner Thaksin Shinawatra.

A source close to Eriksson told MEN Sport this morning: "Unless there are any last-minute hitches, and that is highly unlikely, he'll be the City coach soon."

Eriksson will earn £2.5m-a-year which would make him the most highly paid boss in the Blues' history.

The article continues but I chose to cut it off there because it links us with Anelka ( :undecided:) and Harewood ( :weep:)

But wait! I don't think we should rush into this. After all...

Neil Warnock claims he would be a better choice than Sven Goran Eriksson to be Manchester City's new manager.

Eriksson is tipped to be Stuart Pearce's successor at the City of Manchester Stadium once Thaksin Shinawatra completes his takeover of the club.

There has been a mixed reaction to the impending appointment of the former England coach, who boasts a club CV few can match.

But Warnock, who left relegated Sheffield United at the end of last season, feels he would be capable of performing a better job at City than the Swede.

"That's a little bit of a pointed question - the answer's yes," Warnock told Sky Sports News when asked if he would do better than Eriksson.

Bwahahaha!!  :laugh:

City on Sven countdown

Peter Spencer

25/ 6/2007

SVEN-Goran Eriksson is set to be named as City's new manager in the next 24 hours.

The ex-England coach has made his mind up and is ready to sign a preliminary contract with the formal contract signed once he has been unveiled as the Blues boss.

He left his home in Sweden this morning for a summit meeting in London with his advisers and representatives of the Blues' new owner Thaksin Shinawatra.

A source close to Eriksson told MEN Sport this morning: "Unless there are any last-minute hitches, and that is highly unlikely, he'll be the City coach soon."

Eriksson will earn £2.5m-a-year which would make him the most highly paid boss in the Blues' history.

The article continues but I chose to cut it off there because it links us with Anelka ( :undecided:) and Harewood ( :weep:)

But wait! I don't think we should rush into this. After all...

Neil Warnock claims he would be a better choice than Sven Goran Eriksson to be Manchester City's new manager.

Eriksson is tipped to be Stuart Pearce's successor at the City of Manchester Stadium once Thaksin Shinawatra completes his takeover of the club.

There has been a mixed reaction to the impending appointment of the former England coach, who boasts a club CV few can match.

But Warnock, who left relegated Sheffield United at the end of last season, feels he would be capable of performing a better job at City than the Swede.

"That's a little bit of a pointed question - the answer's yes," Warnock told Sky Sports News when asked if he would do better than Eriksson.

Bwahahaha!!  :laugh:

Looking down your nose at Anelka, how times have changed. :lol:

Warnock is some muppet.

All clear for you lot to sign Michael Owen then.

I'm no looking down my nose at Anelka - Probably the best player I've ever seen in a City shirt. There are a number of players who have left recently who I would have back in a shot - Distin, SWP - Anelka, I'm no sure. Theres a lot of water under the bridge there.

Guest elbee909

Good luck with that.

Aye the footy365 mailbox is a great source.  mackems.gif

Sven has signed according to SSN, unveiled in the next 24 hours.

I wouldn't have quoted it if it wasn't obviously some sort of use - interesting to read of those writing in with experience of life under Thaksin.  That's all.

SSN obviously much more believable a source, eh...

Good luck with that.

I wouldn't have quoted it if it wasn't obviously some sort of use - interesting to read of those writing in with experience of life under Thaksin.  That's all.

It's full of kids and fans winding other fans up. i wouldnt bet against them being Man U fans, they're in the right location for it.

And yes the SSN ticker is a very believable source.

Guest yoshi

Thaksin sounds like a c*** to me:

Good luck with that.

It's full of kids and fans winding other fans up. i wouldnt bet against them being Man U fans, they're in the right location for it.

And yes the SSN ticker is a very believable source.

Doubt so. These people seem to know more than the average "kid". There are football fans who are into politics and economics too.