Sami Hyypia? Opinions?

Keefaz

Great at his peak. So if he isn't in Liverpool's current 1st team he's probably past it.

Been costing them for about 2 years but not a single scouser would admit it.

You talk some shit :lol:

Yet again Fins over rating their sports stars.  :lol:

I'll give you the terrible marking in the Benfica game giving a free header away to a fellow defender as Sami sniffs the ground. Classy.

Many moments like this happened (although not all punished due to Carragher being a bit handy) the season before last, Rafa cottoned on quickly and why he's been phased out of the team the season just gone, Liverpool fans are just catching up now, Fins i see are still far behind.

Wooo..Classy. You proved your point with one goal ???

In fact he's been very solid when ever he has played this season. He's not young anymore and I remember him saying last season that he wouldn't mind a rest once in a while. If you give him a rest now and then he'll do a great job. Exactly the reason why Rafa isn't letting him leave. And you think there might be a reason why the Liverpool fans don't think he's costing them?  :rolleyes:

There are plenty of other times, i just struggle to remember them all as i'm not a Liverpool fan, but yet remember the feeling of laughter on several occasions at some of the stuff the old man was doing season before last.

Rafa isn't letting him leave as he doesn't want to have to fork out to buy another defender, at some time, probably before the confusing of how much money he's getting to spend, Sami must of been made aware of Liverpool's intentions to offload him, stories do tend to be made up, but when Rafa comes out and says he still has plans for him it shows no smoke without fire.

Yet you seem to think you have better opinion of the player than them ?

Great at his peak. So if he isn't in Liverpool's current 1st team he's probably past it.

Been costing them for about 2 years but not a single scouser would admit it.

You talk some shit :lol:

Yet again Fins over rating their sports stars.  :lol:

I'll give you the terrible marking in the Benfica game giving a free header away to a fellow defender as Sami sniffs the ground. Classy.

Many moments like this happened (although not all punished due to Carragher being a bit handy) the season before last, Rafa cottoned on quickly and why he's been phased out of the team the season just gone, Liverpool fans are just catching up now, Fins i see are still far behind.

Wooo..Classy. You proved your point with one goal ???

In fact he's been very solid when ever he has played this season. He's not young anymore and I remember him saying last season that he wouldn't mind a rest once in a while. If you give him a rest now and then he'll do a great job. Exactly the reason why Rafa isn't letting him leave. And you think there might be a reason why the Liverpool fans don't think he's costing them?  :rolleyes:

There are plenty of other times, i just struggle to remember them all as i'm not a Liverpool fan, but yet remember the feeling of laughter on several occasions at some of the stuff the old man was doing season before last.

Rafa isn't letting him leave as he doesn't want to have to fork out to buy another defender, at some time, probably before the confusing of how much money he's getting to spend, Sami must of been made aware of Liverpool's intentions to offload him, stories do tend to be made up, but when Rafa comes out and says he still has plans for him it shows no smoke without fire.

Yet you seem to think you have better opinion of the player than them ?

Sometimes its easier to look in, especially when a hero is vastly on the decline.

Guest Matt10

Found this on the Sun website. They're asking an ex player from each Premiership club who they should sign and Supermac reckons Hyypia.

MALCOLM MACDONALD (1971-76)

"Sami Hyypia. I think he would be fine. They need a bit of experience to get things sorted out at the back.

"He’s a rock-solid player and absolutely consistent.

"I think it would be easier for young Steven Taylor, who is still learning the game, to work alongside someone like that.

"Hyypia is getting on a bit but he’s a fit lad and, as a centre-half, he still has time ahead of him and has a great head on his shoulders."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007250562,00.html

Best one from that article was Gary Bennet saying the mackems should go for Robbie Keane.  :lol:

I think Drogba would run Hyypia ragged most days of the week, whether he had flu or not. He can still do a job in the EPL but there are some players who he just can't cope with physically any more. I think he's happy to stay at Liverpool in any case, and I'm not really too fussed about signing him.

with our current defensive line up being Taylor, Solano, Carr, Ramage, Babayaro, Huntington, i dont know how anyone could complain about Hyypia signing. No suprise at all that Haim went to Chelsea.

with our current defensive line up being Taylor, Solano, Carr, Ramage, Babayaro, Huntington, i dont know how anyone could complain about Hyypia signing. No suprise at all that Haim went to Chelsea.

As far as I know, he isn't looking for a move and Liverpool aren't looking to sell, which means we'd pretty much have to pay over the odds to make a deal happen. Not something I'd want to do for a player with his best days behind him.

I think Drogba would run Hyypia ragged most days of the week, whether he had flu or not. He can still do a job in the EPL but there are some players who he just can't cope with physically any more. I think he's happy to stay at Liverpool in any case, and I'm not really too fussed about signing him.

Sami's had him in his pocket before and since that game. I've never seen him consistently embarrassed by any player.

As far as I know, he isn't looking for a move and Liverpool aren't looking to sell, which means we'd pretty much have to pay over the odds to make a deal happen. Not something I'd want to do for a player with his best days behind him.

Thank god. No player I'd rather have as backup, nor would I be bothered if he were still first choice.

I'd take Hyypia if the fee is £1million or less.  He obviously isn't like he used to be, but he still has a lot to offer in the EPL and we really need someone with experience at the back.  £1million is worth having him, even if for one season as cover or squad rotation.