Spurs bid for Darren Bent

geordie2000

Guest kmdnufc

By all accounts he's signing for WH for 17M & 75k per week. Silly money.

He'll sign for West Ham.

£17-18m.

£75-80,000 a week.

It's a way short of what the bingo club have offered.

More like a public show to Bent saying don't sign for a club that you don't want to go to.  The problem with that is Charlton can still take him down to the cahmpionship with them if he doesn't sign.  My gut feeling is that he will still go with Egghead

Guest Mixon

Me! I mean, if Darren Bent were...hmm, let's say German, he would cost like £10m less. Yes, Bent's a class player, but for £17-18m? And with that wage? Noo.

Guest Geordiesned

Me! I mean, if Darren Bent were...hmm, let's say Bulgarian, he would cost like £7m less. Yes, Bent's a class player, but for £17-18m? And with that wage? Noo.

blueyes.gif

mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

I will luagh my hea dof if Spuds out bid the hammers for Bent, could end up £20mill. three times what he is worth. :D

He won't be thrid choice at Spuds though, coz we will buy Defoe....

mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

I will luagh my hea dof if Spuds out bid the hammers for Bent, could end up £20mill. three times what he is worth. :D

No danger of that.  It's a lot less than the £18m already offered.  If Bent says he'll only go to Spurs, do Charlton accept a lower bid or take Bent down to the Championship?  Spurs' only hope tbh because they are not going to bid £18m or anything like it.

Guest teepee

this is insane - both spurs and the hammers have lost the plot on this one in my oppinion. very good player, but that is a shitload of money, both tranfser and wages.

the board at charlton must be laughing their arses off at the stupidity of their counterparts

:D :D :D

The Hammers offer being reported as £17mill, Spuds will have to match or beat it..

Spurs will sell Defoe for £12mill if he refuses to sign a new deal, also Mido is wanted by Fulham....

Guest kingdawson

The Hammers offer being reported as £17mill, Spuds will have to match or beat it..

Spurs will sell Defoe for £12mill if he refuses to sign a new deal, also Mido is wanted by Fulham....

Correct. Mido will probably get us another 2.5 million.

Guest Toon83

Ludicrous money for a player that by all accounts helped his team get relegated last season, a one season wonder who proved he cannot do it at international level, £18m and 75k a week is absolutely ridiculous, just makes you realise what a bargain Viduka is  :uglystupid2:

No danger of that.  It's a lot less than the £18m already offered.  If Bent says he'll only go to Spurs, do Charlton accept a lower bid or take Bent down to the Championship?  Spurs' only hope tbh because they are not going to bid £18m or anything like it.

It's Owen all over again man. Remember when he said he'd only join Newcastle on loan if he couldn't go to Liverpool? In the end, money speaks. And if West Ham's offer blows Spurs' out of the water, Charlton will reject the Spurs one and he'll go to West Ham.

Guest Triglett

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/shared/bsp/hi/football/statistics/players/b/bent_221712.stm

In what way is he a one season wonder? Scored goals at every level, and his record at a club like Charlton is excellent.

What West Ham are offering is completely OTT, and that's no reflection of Bent's true value. More a combination of some stupid fucks with too much money at West Ham, and the inflated prices on the whole. He's probably worth more like £10-12m, but even that is a hell of a lot of money.

Completely different players, but at that price, I'd be inclined to stick with Defoe. Certainly less rotatable in our system, but he'll guarantee you goals, just like Bent.

Guest Triglett

what i wana know is why spurs seem to think its their god given right to buy EVERYONE

What I wanna know is why some fans believe everything they read in the papers.

£17m is mental.

12 million max from us.

No mate, you're paying £17m. Regardless of what you make back by selling another (equally as good) player, you're paying £17m.

Which, in the words of every sane person on the planet, is sheer lunacy.

Takes inflation to new levels.

I'll take Viduka on a free, thanks.