F.A.W. reverses international retirement

Guest Invicta_Toon

Wonder how much of Viduka the whingers and whiners have seen over the past two seasons and how much they have to go on other than boring cliches about him being fat and lazy.

I wager 'absolutely fuck all'.

Here we go again: I've seen [X player/Y league] a hundred gazillion times, so i know i'm right.

I never said that though, so don't misquote me.

It was a general comment, put your handbag down, pet.

Suggest you don't quote me when saying it then. :)

Viduka scored 19 goals in 37 appearances for Middlesbrough last season, including more in the Premier League than both £17m Darren Bent and £30m* Dimitar Berbatov, and equalling £28m Wayne Rooney.

That record of goalscoring alone is not good enough for Newcastle United.

*Martin Jol currency.

Viduka scored 19 goals in 37 appearances for Middlesbrough last season, including more in the Premier League than both £17m Darren Bent and £30m* Dimitar Berbatov, and equalling £28m Wayne Rooney.

*Martin Jol currency.

And the season he scored 1 in 4?

Wonder how much of Viduka the whingers and whiners have seen over the past two seasons and how much they have to go on other than boring cliches about him being fat and lazy.

Here we go again: I've seen [X player/Y league] a hundred gazillion times, so i know i'm right.

Suggest all you like. Your post was typical of that kind of shite, so i used it to quote. Tough.

*Martin Jol currency.

None of those players spent two months out with a broken toe either.

Suggest all you like. Your post was typical of that kind of shite, so i used it to quote. Tough.

Fucking clueless.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Genuinely can't see how replacing Sibierski with Viduka could possibly be turned into a negative.

I guess there's no pleasing some people though, is there?  :undecided:

some of us have longer memories and do not see the previous player as the standard to be bettered, especially as there is a different manager and owner

Fair enough, but would you agree that Viduka is a vast improvement on Sibierski?

the phrase 'vast improvement' does a diservice to Sibierski and completely ignores massive flaws in Viduka

you can't even say they are a direct replacement, Sibierski wasn't even a striker

*Martin Jol currency.

What about it? I reckon his most recent season is the best barometer to how well he is playing. Don't you?

*Martin Jol currency.

What about it? I reckon his most recent season is the best barometer to how well he is playing. Don't you?

Only if you assume a player will do the same season after season, which is (A) wrong, and (B) dangerous.

Fucking clueless.

:lol:

Abuse disguised as a comment. Not a surprise, but welcome nonetheless. You haven't let me down, thank you.

Genuinely can't see how replacing Sibierski with Viduka could possibly be turned into a negative.

some of us have longer memories and do not see the previous player as the standard to be bettered, especially as there is a different manager and owner

Fair enough, but would you agree that Viduka is a vast improvement on Sibierski?

the phrase 'vast improvement' does a diservice to Sibierski and completely ignores massive flaws in Viduka

you can't even say they are a direct replacement, Sibierski wasn't even a striker

What massive flaws? :lol:

*Martin Jol currency.

Only if you assume a player will do the same season after season, which is (A) wrong, and (B) dangerous.

No, I hope he will do something like the same, if not better.

If we can't base signings on the most recent form, what can we base them on?

Fucking clueless.

Abuse disguised as a comment. Not a surprise, but welcome nonetheless. You haven't let me down, thank you.

Viduka has never ever scored 1 in 4 in a season in English football. That shows EXACTLY how much you know about him.

Dod you ever see him before last season?? :lol: :lol:

Because some of us want THE RIGHT players, not just "better than the shit we have".

So who is the RIGHT player and how much would he cost us?

Yes. You clearly didn't. His goal record will hold up to anyone's and his natural ability on the ball is fantastic.

Fucking clueless.

Viduka has never ever scored 1 in 4 in a season in English football. That shows EXACTLY how much you know about him.

05/06 - 7 in 27 league games. Oh, and 3 assists.

04/05 - 5 in 16. 1 assist.

03/04 - 11 in 30. 3 assists.

Thats (roughly) - 1 in 4, 1 on 3, 1 in 3. And a shite assist record.

Yes. You clearly didn't. His goal record will hold up to anyone's and his natural ability on the ball is fantastic.

1 in 4 (near as dammit), like i said.

So you're saying Sibierski was a better player?

Do you think Sibierski was brought in to score goals or create them? Or both?

If we won the league, Northern Monkey would be on here moaning we didn't do the double. FACT!

Your facts are as worthwhile as your opinions, which is heartening to know.

Why thank you, you're all heart.