F.A.W. reverses international retirement

Guest Invicta_Toon

If we won the league, Northern Monkey would be on here moaning we didn't do the double. FACT!

Your facts are as worthwhile as your opinions, which is heartening to know.

Why thank you, you're all heart.

Hey, i'm here to support you and your ilk. Its a public service, i like to give a little back.

Wonder how much of Viduka the whingers and whiners have seen over the past two seasons and how much they have to go on other than boring cliches about him being fat and lazy.

I wager 'absolutely fuck all'.

Here we go again: I've seen [X player/Y league] a hundred gazillion times, so i know i'm right.

I never said that though, so don't misquote me.

It was a general comment, put your handbag down, pet.

Suggest you don't quote me when saying it then. :)

Suggest all you like. Your post was typical of that kind of shite, so i used it to quote. Tough.

Fucking clueless.

:lol:

Abuse disguised as a comment. Not a surprise, but welcome nonetheless. You haven't let me down, thank you.

Viduka has never ever scored 1 in 4 in a season in English football. That shows EXACTLY how much you know about him.

05/06 - 7 in 27 league games. Oh, and 3 assists.

04/05 - 5 in 16. 1 assist.

03/04 - 11 in 30. 3 assists.

Thats (roughly) - 1 in 4, 1 on 3, 1 in 3. And a shite assist record.

Sugggest you add on the 6 in 9 he got in the UEFA Cup, because after Christmas Boro were putting out reserve sides in the league so they could get there, and he was easily the most important player in doing so.

Genuinely can't see how replacing Sibierski with Viduka could possibly be turned into a negative.

I guess there's no pleasing some people though, is there?  :undecided:

some of us have longer memories and do not see the previous player as the standard to be bettered, especially as there is a different manager and owner

Fair enough, but would you agree that Viduka is a vast improvement on Sibierski?

the phrase 'vast improvement' does a diservice to Sibierski and completely ignores massive flaws in Viduka

you can't even say they are a direct replacement, Sibierski wasn't even a striker

What massive flaws? :lol:

Dod you ever see him before last season?? :lol: :lol:

Yes. You clearly didn't. His goal record will hold up to anyone's and his natural ability on the ball is fantastic.

1 in 4 (near as dammit), like i said.

Why have you missed out the season he got 20 in 33? or 17 in 34? Or last season?

Wonder how much of Viduka the whingers and whiners have seen over the past two seasons and how much they have to go on other than boring cliches about him being fat and lazy.

I wager 'absolutely fuck all'.

Here we go again: I've seen [X player/Y league] a hundred gazillion times, so i know i'm right.

I never said that though, so don't misquote me.

It was a general comment, put your handbag down, pet.

Suggest you don't quote me when saying it then. :)

Suggest all you like. Your post was typical of that kind of shite, so i used it to quote. Tough.

Fucking clueless.

:lol:

Abuse disguised as a comment. Not a surprise, but welcome nonetheless. You haven't let me down, thank you.

Viduka has never ever scored 1 in 4 in a season in English football. That shows EXACTLY how much you know about him.

05/06 - 7 in 27 league games. Oh, and 3 assists.

04/05 - 5 in 16. 1 assist.

03/04 - 11 in 30. 3 assists.

Thats (roughly) - 1 in 4, 1 on 3, 1 in 3. And a shite assist record.

Sugggest you add on the 6 in 9 he got in the UEFA Cup, because after Christmas Boro were putting out reserve sides in the league so they could get there, and he was easily the most important player in doing so.

The only comparitor is league goals. Of course, unsurprisingly, you are trying to re-write history now. Fact is, in the league games he played, thats how many he scored.

Genuinely can't see how replacing Sibierski with Viduka could possibly be turned into a negative.

I guess there's no pleasing some people though, is there?  :undecided:

some of us have longer memories and do not see the previous player as the standard to be bettered, especially as there is a different manager and owner

Fair enough, but would you agree that Viduka is a vast improvement on Sibierski?

the phrase 'vast improvement' does a diservice to Sibierski and completely ignores massive flaws in Viduka

you can't even say they are a direct replacement, Sibierski wasn't even a striker

What massive flaws? :lol:

Dod you ever see him before last season?? :lol: :lol:

Yes. You clearly didn't. His goal record will hold up to anyone's and his natural ability on the ball is fantastic.

1 in 4 (near as dammit), like i said.

Why have you missed out the season he got 20 in 33? or 17 in 34? Or last season?

Last season wasn't in doubt he did well. I only went back 3, i was in a rush. The facts are what they are - he is not a consistent top striker.

The only comparitor (sic) is league goals? Despite Middlesbrough giving up on the league halfway through it and him hauling them nearly-singlehandedly to the final of a competition that we've been trying to get to for the best part of 15 years?

Ok then. :rolleyes:

Guest Invicta_Toon

he's a footballing super-man quite clearly

lucky we fought off so many clubs for his fat scribble

I'll leave you to make more stuff up to turn an (at best, probably below) average striker into the new Alan Shearer. I have to be up in the morning to go to the cricket.

When he scores 9 league goals, some fans will no doubt pretrend thats godo enough, and claim he's great. Me, i'd rather we'd have bought a decent, hungry, improving striker. But hey, i'm just a crazy optimist.

Do you really think anyone on this or any other forum gives a shit what you 'think' any more?

The joke's passed mate.

The only comparitor (sic) is league goals? Despite Middlesbrough giving up on the league halfway through it and him hauling them nearly-singlehandedly to the final of a competition that we've been trying to get to for the best part of 15 years?

Ok then. :rolleyes:

Oh, he did that ALONE now?? You're getting fucking desperate now. Whet next, "name the 5 players you've personally scouted who are better"??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're a genius.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Do you really think anyone on this or any other forum gives a shit what you 'think' any more?

The joke's passed mate.

you having a hissy fit won't change the facts tbh

How many consistent top strikers are knocking about on a free?

Then we should have spent some money and got one.

What money? The takeover was still up in the air when we signed Viduka. There's still no guarantee of funds now.

Nobody is suggesting Viduka is the new Alan Shearer, that's a ridiculous thing to say and you know it. There are simply those of us who think he will do a good job for us (both in scoring and team play) over the coming season or two. It was a two year deal with no transfer fee. Can't see the problem at all.

The joke's passed mate.

You're right, nobody gave a shit before I said that.

Guest Invicta_Toon

The joke's passed mate.

you seem to give a hell of a shit tbh, when you stop debating the facts and start getting personal

I reckin I was right, your lass has barred your access for tonight and you're on here instead of getting the cold shoulder upstairs

the thing is, Viduka is the type of player that causes teams problems because he's a dying breed. Only Drogba is more asssertive in the box, surely people can't expect us to get any better for nothing

Every silver lining's got a cloud, eh?

Fucking hell, it's ridiculous. Some folk will never, ever be happy. Or even satisfied tbh.

He's the best player (at least he's just had the best season, Woodgate takes the gold medal at the top of his game) of a team who finished above us in the league yet he's not good enough for us.

On the other hand, Northern Monkey doesn't think we're a big club and is constantly telling us how no footballer worth his salt will ever want to come here. Don't know who the fuck he actually expects us to sign.

the thing is, Viduka is the type of player that causes teams problems because he's a dying breed. Only Drogba is more asssertive in the box, surely people can't expect us to get any better for nothing

As strikers who play with their back to goal and bring others into play, only Berbatov and Drogba are better than Viduka in the Premiership.

The joke's passed mate.

you seem to give a hell of a shit tbh, when you stop debating the facts and start getting personal

I reckin I was right, your lass has barred your access for tonight and you're on here instead of getting the cold shoulder upstairs

Only 27 hours since you were let back on the Football forum and you come out with this shit. Fucking hell Vic.  :rolleyes:

Guest Invicta_Toon

The joke's passed mate.

Only 27 hours since you were let back on the Football forum and you come out with this shit. Fucking hell Vic.  :rolleyes:

wahey

knew it would be my fault, could see it coming a mile off