Kanoute

stozo

"You mean loan Carroll out surely?"

Well no i didnt mean that.  I dont think ameobi has any future at this club.  Unless he suddenly produces some miraculous ability we are unawre of then hes just not up to standard.

We need to get him(ameobi) games inorder to demonstrate hes recovered from his operation, then he can be sold on for 3m+  to some promotion club.  (someone might be stupid enough to pay it!)

ATmo its unclear if carroll has enough talent to survive at prem lvl, my gut says yes.  He seems like he could make an excellent rotation striker.  Could be great for us in cup games, uefa qualifiers etc.

However i see your point, he might sink if we throw him into the fray too early, but i dont think hes that fragile, and in my plan he would be the 4th striker in line anyway.  He wont be under huge pressure to perform.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Kanoute opts to stay with Sevilla 

Kanoute scored the winner for Sevilla in the Spanish Cup final

Striker Frederic Kanoute has dashed a number of Premier League clubs' hopes of signing him by pledging his future to Spanish side Sevilla.

Newcastle, Portsmouth and Bolton were all linked with the Mali international.

"I've got two years left on my contract and I'm not planning on moving," said Kanoute, 29, after he scored the goal that secured Sevilla the Spanish Cup.

Sevilla, who won the Uefa Cup earlier this season, beat Getafe 1-0, though Kanoute was sent off late in the game.

He was dismissed just before the final whistle for retaliating after being fouled.

Kanoute scored 21 league goals last season as Sevilla finished third to claim a Champions League place, but he had been reported to be pushing for a move back to England.

"I've read a lot of things that aren't true," said Kanoute, who played for West Ham and Tottenham, before he joined Sevilla in 2005.

"I've had two great seasons here and now we've won another trophy."

Kanoute's winner against Getafe means he has scored in all four of Sevilla's victories in cup finals over the past two seasons.

He found the net in the UEFA Cup final victories against Middlesbrough in 2006 and against Espanyol last month as well as in his side's 3-0 victory over Barcelona in the European Super Cup at the start of the season.

you mean the best player with the most desire at the club who played over 50 games with an injured knee, who propelled a mid table team into one that played in the Champions League  ?

I realise you will ignore that, simply because he fell out with an arsehole of a manager though, preferreing nice boys who put the shirt on, stroll around for 90 minutes and then walk off again, believing they are playing for the club.

During the last round of the Bellamy saga, I think I made it clear that I saw Bellamy as part of attacking unit that was built around Shearer, guys like Nobby,Dyer, Jenas & Robert who I think did not mention last time. The man who came in & built this team around the clubs most effective goalscorer deserves the most credit, next the guy who scores the most goals &  maybe then Given or Bellers.

Look at the words I quoted "injury prone and has completely wasted his ability". Injury prone - His knee's were goosed & he had two major knee ops  - I class that as bit prone to injury. Wasted - Lets see where he is playing football next season & see if he has left another big club for the 2nd time(I am classing us a big club). 

I also more or less agreed with this too. The important point being that he was a key player in a team that qualified for and competed well, in the Champions League. What is wrong with this statement ? What do people mean by saying things like "he's only average in a top 4 team" [not particularly you, but others] Do they realise what they are saying ?

Whats wrong with being "average in a top 4 team", where are we just now ?

And, I know others disagree - at least until he pulls on a black and white shirt again, if it happens - but his personality and the fact that he fell out with an arsehole of a manager, has absolutely nothing to do with it. We now also don't have an arsehole of a manager .....

you mean the best player with the most desire at the club who played over 50 games with an injured knee, who propelled a mid table team into one that played in the Champions League  ?

I realise you will ignore that, simply because he fell out with an arsehole of a manager though, preferreing nice boys who put the shirt on, stroll around for 90 minutes and then walk off again, believing they are playing for the club.

During the last round of the Bellamy saga, I think I made it clear that I saw Bellamy as part of attacking unit that was built around Shearer, guys like Nobby,Dyer, Jenas & Robert who I think did not mention last time. The man who came in & built this team around the clubs most effective goalscorer deserves the most credit, next the guy who scores the most goals &  maybe then Given or Bellers.

Look at the words I quoted "injury prone and has completely wasted his ability". Injury prone - His knee's were goosed & he had two major knee ops  - I class that as bit prone to injury. Wasted - Lets see where he is playing football next season & see if he has left another big club for the 2nd time(I am classing us a big club). 

I also more or less agreed with this too. The important point being that he was a key player in a team that qualified for and competed well, in the Champions League. What is wrong with this statement ? What do people mean by saying things like "he's only average in a top 4 team" [not particularly you, but others] Do they realise what they are saying ?

And, I know others disagree - at least until he pulls on a black and s**** shirt again, if it happens - but his personality and the fact that he fell out with an arsehole of a manager, has absolutely nothing to do with it. We now also don't have an arsehole of a manager .....

question; as things stand right now at the club would you resign bellamy tomorrow?

And, I know others disagree - at least until he pulls on a black and white shirt again, if it happens - but his personality and the fact that he fell out with an arsehole of a manager, has absolutely nothing to do with it. We now also don't have an arsehole of a manager .....

question; as things stand right now at the club would you resign bellamy tomorrow?

for the right fee, no doubt about it at all

interesting - any suggestions about your idea of a right fee?

Whats the going rate ? Owen for 9m, Henry for 16m, Forlan for 15m [maybe that is wrong], Bent for 17m ?

I'd rather have Henry, but not Forlan. I'd also rather have - if we are going to enter this sort of price bracket - Tevez.

So its difficult to say. As we bought him for 6m, kicked him out for about 4m, and he's cost 6m when going to Liverpool, as a matter of principle I dont' think we should allow Liverpool to rip us off, so for 6 or 7m quid it would be about right.

Don't you think that with Owen and/or Martins possibly on the way out , it is wise for us to be looking ahead at other strikers ? I do.

Whats the going rate ? Owen for 9m, Henry for 16m, Forlan for 15m [maybe that is wrong], Bent for 17m ?

I'd rather have Henry, but not Forlan. I'd also rather have - if we are going to enter this sort of price bracket - Tevez.

So its difficult to say. As we bought him for 6m, kicked him out for about 4m, and he's cost 6m when going to Liverpool, as a matter of principle I dont' think we should allow Liverpool to rip us off, so for 6 or 7m quid it would be about right.

Don't you think that with Owen and/or Martins possibly on the way out , it is wise for us to be looking ahead at other strikers ? I do.

i do indeed agree that we should be looking at other strikers in the event of owen/martins leaving

just my own personal opinion on bellamy is not to touch him for any price again

the historical revisionism that goes on about shearer the egomaniac etc... astounds me in comparison to calls for bellamys return

if we did resign him and he had a good season he'd want out at the first sign of interest from someone 'bigger' or another club he'd 'supported all his life'

and that says nothing about him basically being a poisonous human being and professional footballer

i do indeed agree that we should be looking at other strikers in the event of owen/martins leaving

just my own personal opinion on bellamy is not to touch him for any price again

the historical revisionism that goes on about shearer the egomaniac etc... astounds me in comparison to calls for bellamys return

if we did resign him and he had a good season he'd want out at the first sign of interest from someone 'bigger' or another club he'd 'supported all his life'

and that says nothing about him basically being a poisonous human being and professional footballer

I don't really see it like that mate. As a Liverpool supporter as a boy, he was always likely to want to go there, but other than manu or Chelsea, I can't see anyone else, as I'm sure he wouldn't have left Newcastle before Souness came in for any club but these, and for the most part, most players would and its understandable too.

There are plenty of poisonous human beings playing professional football - we have others at the club and always have done - all he did was fall out with an arsehole manager so everybody knew it.

aye mate, it's all opinions like

the souness fallout was obviously what prompted him leaving, granted, but his subsequent behaviour after that is inexcusable and unforgiveable

i seem to remember him spouting platitudes left right and center about celtic when he was on loan but wasn't willing to join them permanently, instead he went to BLACKBURN where he had arguably his most productive ever season only to repay them by walking right out the door, he repaid liverpool their faith in him by hitting riise with a golf club (agreed amongst other things such as scoring the winner in the nou camp)

i was with you, i thought craig bellamy was 100% newcastle and he played like it but the way he's carried on since leaving (sending text messages to shearer after the club he supposedly loves gets humped in the fa cup cup semi being another example) lends me to think craig bellamy has no loyalty to anyone/anything but himself

i think he'll join west ham for a pay rise and talk a lot about the "passion" of the fans and the "history" of the club, then he'll batter some lass or racially abuse a waiter or whatever on a night out and get moved on again

anyway i wasn't after opening the bellamy debate again as such, just that i was wondering with the forward line we have in place right now and the money we all expect to come flooding into the club then would you have him back?  you obviously would but i wouldn't, i think if we're we're replacing any of the forwards we have now we should aim higher than bellamy, simple as that

last sentence is bang on!!

We have to aim higher than bellamy, especially with the forwards we have at the club...

If we sold owen I would rather have anelka or one of the dutch forwards being mentioned, we also need to tidy up our media image and we could do without his off pitch antics TBH.