Is our defence cursed?

BONTEMPI

Guest Peter Pan

I am starting to think it will continue in that vain this season as to what quality centre backs are available? Hyphia??

It's Hyypiä or Hyypia where isn't letter ä... Not Hyppia, Hyphia, Hypia, Hyyppia... Same that I write Shearer ------> Shicher... :rant: 

How fucking hard it is to write a name correctly, as his name isn't too hard at all...

I am starting to think it will continue in that vain this season as to what quality centre backs are available? Hyphia??

It's Hyypiä or Hyypia where isn't letter ä... Not Hyppia, Hyphia, Hypia, Hyyppia... Same that I write Shearer ------> Shicher... :rant: 

How fucking hard it is to write a name correctly, as his name isn't too hard at all...

Honestly mate, who seriously give a flying fuk tbh.

How f****** hard it is to write a name correctly, as his name isn't too hard at all...

Who are you his mother?

Mother Fucker more like

Is campbell available though?

If sol wanted to make himself available i think Harry would reluctantly move him on for a small fee, especially after getting in a few CB's already.

I think he'd jump at the chance of coming up here, we should of had him last season, but GR messed about for far too long, dick.

If sol wanted to make himself available i think Harry would reluctantly move him on for a small fee, especially after getting in a few CB's already.

I think he'd jump at the chance of coming up here, we should of had him last season, but GR messed about for far too long, dick.

Yes we missed the boat on that one. Can't see Redknapp letting him go tbh.

Guest Peter Pan

How f****** hard it is to write a name correctly, as his name isn't too hard at all...

Who are you his mother?

Mother Fucker more like

Did you mean Martalh Fecker perhaps?

I think we all know about our defence inside out now. We're all just waiting to see what develops in the coming weeks...

We're not cursed, its just that managers haven't scouted correctly and they've ended up bringing in players who lack mental awareness and just general intelligence. Couple that with questionable talent, poor teamwork, zero communication and poor fitness levels and we were always going to be picking the ball out of our net more often than not.

Sam has already said he wants to bring in a whole back 4 pretty much so I'm not too fussed on the timing of their arrival, just as long as he gets them in

Guest Toon83

I think we all know about our defence inside out now. We're all just waiting to see what develops in the coming weeks...

We're not cursed, its just that managers haven't scouted correctly and they've ended up bringing in players who lack mental awareness and just general intelligence. Couple that with questionable talent, poor teamwork, zero communication and poor fitness levels and we were always going to be picking the ball out of our net more often than not.

Sam has already said he wants to bring in a whole back 4 pretty much so I'm not too fussed on the timing of their arrival, just as long as he gets them in

Good post agree 100%, Allardyce has brought in two quality players so far in Viduka and Barton, and brought them in early which historically we dont usually do, he now has nearly 2 and a half months til the window shuts on August 31st so why are people coming out and saying we are cursed etc because we missed out on one player, Big Sam obviously has a backup plan, now just sit tight and let the man work

The problem is not just one of myopic managers, unable to see the faults.

The main problem is that all TOP managers know you have to get a team right at the back before you start on the rest - Fergie , Clough, Wenger,Shankly,et al ALL strengthened their back lines first.

Clough was a CF, and a very good one, but his teams were always built from the back - he even slept overnight in his car outside Roy McFarlands's house in Liverpool so he could sign him before Shanks did..!

When you have that situation, we are always going to be in competition with the top sides like Man U etc whenever a top defender is available, so we nearly always lose out...

In addition to this, the fans are also to blame -'we want attacking football etc. etc' and 'we don't want people like George Graham at any price'  .

Graham won six trophies with Arsenal, and they were criticized for winning 1-0 very often - winning 1-0 gets you trophies, money, and the means to attract better players because you are successful ; attacking football is nice if you are Brazil 1970, but if you haven't got that sort of talent, it will often cost you results IF its over-done. SJP is the place for entertaining, Away grounds are for getting results - its up to the other team to entertain their fans, not us.

You can stick the 'Entertainers' tag where you like as long as Sam gets results over the next season ; he will know that, and so will Ashley.

We will be able to compete for the BEST players once we start winning things.....

indeed, think he's already asked to come here in fairness

Campbell and Rozenhall would work from what i've seen

Guest elbee909

Who are you his mother?

Mother Fucker more like

Bontempi = definitely a type of organ.