It is clear to me...

James

...that Allardyce plans to build the spine of his future Newcastle team around Steven Taylor, as highlighted with numerous quotes from Allardyce and Taylor since Sam was appointed.

Is this a good move, or is Taylor overrated because he is a Geordie?

A bit of both IMO. He's not that good that some people think, but he definitely has potential to turn out an excellent defender.

Taylor is the only real defender we have right now.

Good plan to sack everyone and start again, although Baba & Carr seriously need to be shown the door.

Taylor now needs some stability to bring him on, he needs players equal to his quality, and to settle down into the rountine of defending, not constantly plugging holes and making do with makeshift players, its not good enough at this level.

Good news is, he hasn't stopped developing, even though i was highly critical of him last season being too bullish and doing some rather embarassing things, overall, he starts this season a better defender than the start of last.

Hopefully he can keep going at the rate he is, if so he's a valuable asset, but i think now is the time he needs a settled backline to play in, an experienced head at the back is a must if the lad ever wants to be a captain, we need to provide one for him, Sol Campbell would be my 1st choice, i think the pair of them would be fantastic next season together.

Very overrated.

I hope a good experienced defender alongside him will help bring him along though as he does have talent. I feel a bit sorry for him having to learn from Bramble, Boumsong and Moore over the past few years, that shouldn't be inflicted on anyone.

Very overrated.

I hope a good experienced defender alongside him will help bring him along though as he does have talent. I feel a bit sorry for him having to learn from Bramble, Boumsong and Moore over the past few years, that shouldn't be inflicted on anyone.

That plus the coaches & managers, i'm surprised he's got this far by himself.

Tony Adams is really the only person to ever stamp any good influence on him, i'm sure with better coaches, better manager and a wise head to learn from he'd turn into the hyped player we all want.

When you consider the other defenders he has been around since he emerged, it is nothing short of a miracle what he has been able to achieve (ie not looking totally hopeless), as he has had no one decent to learn from at all.

He will do well under the Allah'dyces guidance and he will look a lot better alongside 2 more experienced defenders in a 3-5-2, which is looking increasingly likely.

Guest Knightrider

He's s****, overrated and looks like a mong. Get rid.

if you think this about taylor then what are your thought about edgar, ramage and huntington

All shite, get rid. Lets sign Terry and Rio.

Guest teepee

...that Allardyce plans to build the spine of his future Newcastle team around Steven Taylor, as highlighted with numerous quotes from Allardyce and Taylor since Sam was appointed.

how the hell is that clear?

He's s****, overrated and looks like a mong. Get rid.

if you think this about taylor then what are your thought about edgar, ramage and huntington

All s****, get rid. Lets sign Terry and Rio.

:clap: :uglystupid2: :clap: