Sir Les to start coaching

Skirge

Don't panic not as a coach here but in the lower leagues..

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1055821,00.html

In The News: Sir Les In The Dugout?

IN THE NEWS is the section on nufc.co.uk where we look at stories involving former Newcastle players and managers over the summer ...

Thursday, June 21

LES Ferdinand is wanted by MK Dons as first team coach - if Paul Ince is appointed manager, report the Daily Mail and the Daily Star. It's claimed MK Dons will attempt to take Ince from Macclesfield and the former England midfielder wants the ex-Toon number nine as his right-hand man.

Guest DavB93

Wouldn't mind him as a coach...better than some of the clowns we've had over the years, not mentioning any names.

Wouldn't mind him as a coach...better than some of the clowns we've had over the years, not mentioning any names.

How do you know that btw?

You know of his coaching abilities or are you judging him on his playing career?

Guest DavB93

You know of his coaching abilities or are you judging him on his playing career?

It was just a general comment, I don't know what he's going to be like as a coach but we've had some right ones over the years and sure he'll be better than them.

Well Les has been banging on how no one will give him a break because he is black.  :rolleyes:

Therefore i'll raise him this, he's only in the frame if Ince takes over, and what have they both in common?

I'm sure Les will have nowt to say about that will he?

Give him a few seasons in the lower leagues as a coach and keep an eye on his progress, I would love to have Sir Les back here and I am sure he would love the chance to come back here and work as a coach, no point doing it now though, he needs to prove has can do the job.

It was just a general comment, I don't know what he's going to be like as a coach but we've had some right ones over the years and sure he'll be better than them.

Exactly  :crazy2:

Guest DavB93

It was just a general comment, I don't know what he's going to be like as a coach  but we've had some right ones over the years and sure he'll be better than them.

Exactly  :crazy2:

:frantic:

Guest ryunufc

there are not many former players with respectable playing career and at the same time are very down to earth. i believe he can be an excellent motivator. coaching abilities/knowledges can come through experience or learning, but in my opinion he has the right personality and charisma to succeed at least at youth level.

there are not many former players with respectable playing career and at the same time are very down to earth. i believe he can be an excellent motivator. coaching abilities/knowledges can come through experience or learning, but in my opinion he has the right personality and charisma to succeed at least at youth level.

100% agree  :clap: :clap:

He's a good bloke like imo. Model pro and a fucking great player when he was here. The comments about his coaching ability are pure speculation though.

Agree we don't know how he'll be as a coach. People were saying that speed will make a good coach too based purely on his playing career.

Speeds was always touted as becoming a coach (and a good one) by SBR, Shearer, other managers and people within and around the club.

Lots of stories have eminated from that.

Cant remember anyone being so complimentary about Ferdinand though. Never heard anyone banging on about him in the press other than himself. Doesnt come across as someone that will set the coaching world alight to me, just from what I have seen from him talking.

But only people that have spent time with him would be able to comment properly, and im certainly not one of those.