'Recent upsurge in demand'

Ally

My Dad just phoned up the box office trying to get one season ticket, anywhere in the ground. Wasn't fussy at all. Was told there has been a 'recent upsurge in demand' and there isn't any spare season tickets anywhere  :o

The waiting list returns! Would have never happened last season, weren't they still selling part-season tickets at Christmas?

Seen it coming BUT get him to ring back and try to speak to another person at the box office, he may very well get told something totaly different, its pure pot luck when you ring that place..

Guest DavB93

Seen it coming BUT get him to ring back and try to speak to another person at the box office, he may very well get told something totaly different, its pure pot luck when you ring that place..

Got to agree with Skirge on that, my mate rang and got told the same. But got in the car and drove to St James Park and got one no problem.

I can not believe this, especially at such an early stage. If you miss your deadline the club usually give you another chance. An awful lot of people who told me that they wouldn't renew must have changed their mind. For those who are better off, seats must be still available in the Sports Bar etc.

I must admit there have not been any adverts on local radio trying to flog tickets............

Guest Gemmill

Load of bollocks.  They just haven't sorted out all the people wanting to move seats etc.  Plus the deadline hasn't really passed as people can still just apply late.  If you're wanting a new ticket you'll be waiting a while, but no fucking way have they sold out.

Guest Paul Macca

I am sure Mr Ashleys trouble shooter would be interested to hear about the negative attitude of most of the ticket office staff.  :(

I just rang to make sure my renewal had gone through, it has but dam they are so fkn  miserable at the place..

I would say your best of mailing Jan the head of the box office, if she tells you there are non then thats probably right..

[email protected]

I EMailed Jan Brien about season tickets and got the following reply.

"never listen to stories!!! NO ONE other than current season ticket holders are able to buy tickets.There will be tickets available when all current season ticket holders have been dealt with, and people who are on the waiting list will get priority"

She was very amiable and helpful

I just rang to make sure my renewal had gone through, it has but dam they are so fkn  miserable at the place..

I would say your best of mailing Jan the head of the box office, if she tells you there are non then thats probably right..

[email protected]

"never listen to stories!!! NO ONE other than current season ticket holders are able to buy tickets.There will be tickets available when all current season ticket holders have been dealt with, and people who are on the waiting list will get priority"

Aye Jan will sort it, shame her staff can't seem to though..

What did you put in your email to get that repsonce though? the "Never listen to stories!!! NO ONE" .

[email protected]

Aye Jan will sort it, shame her staff can't seem to though..

What did you put in your email to get that repsonce though? the "Never listen to stories!!! NO ONE" .

Got to agree with Skirge on that, my mate rang and got told the same. But got in the car and drove to St James Park and got one no problem.

I just quoted DavB93's experience of a mate who got one from the box office when he went down there.

The old chinese whispers again!!!!

My Dad just phoned up the box office trying to get one season ticket, anywhere in the ground. Wasn't fussy at all. Was told there has been a 'recent upsurge in demand' and there isn't any spare season tickets anywhere  :o

The waiting list returns! Would have never happened last season, weren't they still selling part-season tickets at Christmas?

I've got an application you can send in - put in a letter saying you've been serving in the Gulf (Don't say your dad's a waiter in a Dubai brothel though) and you missed the deadline on the Queens service

Worth a try if you want.

Guest Gemmill

I'm not surprised they're miserable, when they've got twats like Skirge ringing up less than a week after the deadline to ask if his application has been processed. :lol: :razz:

I rang them last season asking if tickets for Blackburn away had been sent out.

got told "Urrghhhh, yeah, they have".  "Well, why havn't I received mine?  You've debited my account", says I. (This was on the Monday before the game [saturday] ).  "Urgh, dunno mate."  Phone down.

Rang up again, got through to someone with a bit of intelligence, probably Jan, and it turns out my mate forgot to sign the application form and that if he went through and signed it, we'd get the tickets.  He did, and we went.

Pointless story, but highlights the farce that is the NUFC Box Office.

I'm not surprised they're miserable, when they've got twats like Skirge ringing up less than a week after the deadline to ask if his application has been processed. :lol: :razz:

Was'nt a daft time to ring as it was sorted, but I rang becuase they are new forms for the carers packages and did'nt make sense on how it had to be filled out, but wor lass had done it right and my season ticket/swipecard is now sorted..