Curtis Davies transfer request

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest kingdawson

I fail to see how we apparantly "chuck our money around" tbh. Anyway would love Davies at spurs but it seems weve signed Kaboul so i doubt its going to happen now.

I fail to see how we apparantly "chuck our money around" tbh. Anyway would love Davies at spurs but it seems weve signed Kaboul so i doubt its going to happen now.

Signing Kaboul means Dawson will be on the bench won't it? I've heard great things about him, he's apparently a very good prospect.

Guest kingdawson

Signing Kaboul means Dawson will be on the bench won't it? I've heard great things about him, he's apparently a very good prospect.

French u21 captain and is meant to be a very good defender though i havent seen him play. Think he'll rotate with Dawson tbh.

Guest Triglett

More likely to 'rotate' with King, considering his injury problems. That's the main reason we're buying him IMO. Kaboul sounds like a classy ball playing CB.

This is what makes me laugh. People bang on about English players being overrated. On one had you have Curtis Davies, U21 international, captain of his club "fuck off e aint worth £6m!!111!!" on the other you have Pierre flibbidy dib dob Kaboul, french under 21 captain going for about £8.2m and no-one bats an eyelid :lol:

This is what makes me laugh. People bang on about English players being overrated. On one had you have Curtis Davies, U21 international, captain of his club "f*** off e aint worth £6m!!111!!" on the other you have Pierre flibbidy dib dob Kaboul, french under 21 captain going for about £8.2m and no-one bats an eyelid :lol:

Davies is just back up for Anton and Taylor at U21 level tbh.

Guest SwissMagpie

KINGDOWSON,Kaboul is so overrated that i just can't believe u paid 8 million for him,ive seen he so many times,the guy has made so many errors but it didn't cost his team a goal.but in the EPL its will gp straight to the net.

IMO he will be a big flop

Guest sicko2ndbest

Davies to hand in second request

By Peter ORourke -  Created on 23 Jun 2007

TRANSFER SPECIAL

West Brom skipper Curtis Davies is set to hand in another transfer request at The Hawthorns.

Davies saw his first request rejected by West Brom on Thursday as he seeks to win a move to the Premier League.

A number of clubs including Newcastle, Tottenham and Arsenal are all thought to be keeping tabs on Davies.

West Brom insist they will not sell the classy central defender on the cheap and are thought to be holding out for £10million for the former Luton man.

Davies' representative Phil Sproson admitted they plan to hand in another transfer request as they look get the go-ahead to leave West Brom.

"Curtis is to hand another request," Sproson told the Daily Express. "We expect it to be rejected again, but if it happens we will hand in another one.

"When we met West Brom chairman Jeremy Peace, I said to him, 'Where do Albion go when their captain wants to leave?'

"Surely it would be in everyone's interest to get a reasonable price for the player.

"Albion would make a profit on the £3million they paid to sign him from Luton two years ago and could use that to bring in new players."

Davies is unhappy that West Brom rejected his initial transfer request and has accused the club of pricing him out of a move to the Premier League.

"I'm not doing this because of any problems with the boss or the fans - but because I need to better myself," said Davies.

"I don't see any logic in the price that Albion have put one me. I don't see how they can come up with that valuation.

"I've only played one season in the top flight.

"Missing the Under 21 Championship has set me back in people's eyes. If I miss out on the Premiership for another year it will be even worse."

This is what makes me laugh. People bang on about English players being overrated. On one had you have Curtis Davies, U21 international, captain of his club "fuck off e aint worth £6m!!111!!" on the other you have Pierre flibbidy dib dob Kaboul, french under 21 captain going for about £8.2m and no-one bats an eyelid :lol:

No it's your love for Davies that makes me laugh. ;)

No it's your love for Davies that makes me laugh. ;)

True though, don't think I have seen many if any question Kaboul's £8.2m transfer to Spurs.

Davies is a good player but if he comes here you will get the usual retards jumping on his back any mistakes he makes so for his sake I hope he stays away! :lol:

Guest SwissMagpie

Hope he will land up here,Kaboul deal with spuds is nearly done according to french press  so they are out of the picture.

Guest Darth Toon

Would have been a definite target for Roeder, but after Sam's comments about wanting more experience at the back I can't see us going for him. I think you can get away with one inexperienced centre half in the Prem, but not 2, and as we've already got Taylor then the likes of Davies and Ferdinand (A) are a no-go.

Apparently the mackems think they've got a chance of getting him - probably be a decent signing for them, especially since they lost Evans.