Umm...Nonda?!

Ritchie

Blackburn face competition from another Premiership club for the permanent signing of Roma's Shabani Nonda.

The striker, 30, spent last season on loan at Ewood Park and Rovers have been given an option to buy him permanently.

"I cannot ensure Nonda will play for Blackburn next season - it is open but Rovers have priority," John Dario, the player's agent, told BBC Sport.

"He played for them but it depends if they want him. Another club in England has made contact."

Roma are reported to want a fee in the region of £1.4m to make Nonda's move to Rovers permanent - but the player has also been linked with Newcastle.

Dario does not expect the DR Congo international to return to Serie A - and is confident the situation will be resolved by the end of June.

"In England the market is very slow but I think in the next 10 days we will know where he will be playing next season," added Dario.

"I am not waiting for Blackburn but if they call me we will try to find a solution because the player wants to stay in England."

Nonda, who played for Zurich, Rennes and Monaco before joining Roma in 2005, scored seven goals in 29 Premier League appearances for Blackburn.

But the player, who had an excellent scoring record in France, with 87 goals in 178 league appearances, has been spending his summer improving his fitness.

"Nonda said to me that his first year in England was not that good," said Dario.

"It was not the real Nonda in his first season - there was a new language and a new way of preparing for the game.

"For example in Italy or France you go to a hotel two or three days before the game but in England you sometimes head to the ground as little as three hours before the match.

"At the moment he is in Monaco training twice a day with a condition trainer to make sure that he is fit and ready for the new season. He is paying for it himself."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/6227824.stm

Would be decent back-up, but I don't think we would need another striker.

Guest mishka17

were linked with fookin every single player in premiership. we could build own league from this fookin bullshit gossips  :rant: btw-nonda is tragic

Better than Ameobi, but that is not saying much, i suppose.

Everyone is on Ameobi's back week in week out

yes hes not the best of players but people should get off his back!

i havnt saw much of nonda but he doesnt seem the best of players but ive seen worse

Would rather not spend anything on him or Smith at all. Would rather use that money to tempt Martins and Owen to stay. Martin, Owen, Viduka, Ameobi, Carroll. I don't think we need anymore strikers unless any of them leaves. Dyer and Luque can play as forward too.

fuck me...anyone else getting worried that Newcastle hasn't signed bloody defenders yet? (Rozenthal hasn't signed so doesn't count)...

we need full-backs and centre-backs...what happened to the report that Baines was going to sign after the U-21's had finished? that gone down the pan along with the other bollocks?

Would rather not spend anything on him or Smith at all. Would rather use that money to tempt Martins and Owen to stay. Martin, Owen, Viduka, Ameobi, Carroll. I don't think we need anymore strikers unless any of them leaves. Dyer and Luque can play as forward too.

dyer has been cr*p for a whole season now i would accept a offer for him!

fuck me...anyone else getting worried that Newcastle hasn't signed bloody defenders yet? (Rozenthal hasn't signed so doesn't count)...

we need full-backs and centre-backs...what happened to the report that Baines was going to sign after the U-21's had finished? that gone down the pan along with the other bollocks?

Looks like I am off to buy a new calender tomorrow because mine seems to be stuck on 23rd of June! How far into August are we again just so I know?

f*** me...anyone else getting worried that Newcastle hasn't signed bloody defenders yet? (Rozenthal hasn't signed so doesn't count)...

Looks like I am off to buy a new calender tomorrow because mine seems to be stuck on 23rd of June! How far into August are we again just so I know?

aye, i appreciate the sarky comment, but the most pressing need for Newcastle is defenders. everyone and his dog has pointed this out.....so far all that's been signed are/ is strikers....or midfielders......

We have signed one striker which we needed and a midfielder to replace Parker. Looks fairly certain we will sign a centre back early next week. We are doing very well so far imo.

Munkey, under Sam we have been linked with David Rozenghal, Tal Ben Haim, Leighton Baines, Wes Brown - all defenders. Just like we have been linked with Alan Smith, Nonda etc. We have already signed Viduka - a pressing need and Barton - a replacement for Parker. Sam has so far addressed the absolute need of the team, he hasn't signed any luxury players while ignoring other more vital areas.