£10m for Owen!

Colos Short and Curlies

Guest johnson293

Don't see why this should change anyone's opinions on wanting him to stay or go.

If we lose him we're still losing a bloody good footballer cut-price, a player who we could not attract to the club were he not already here.

A bloody good footballer or a feckin injury-prone liability? Like a lot of people now, I couldn't give a toss about him. Stay, go: don't care just get the thing out of the way.

or you could say....

A bloody good footballer, or a potentially very injury prone player with a release clause, with one eye on the exit door every transfer window?

As above, I just wish it was sorted one way or another.

Only reason he wasn't linked away last two transfer windows was because of the injury.

If he stays for the new season, we have it all to come again in January!

Don't see why this should change anyone's opinions on wanting him to stay or go.

If we lose him we're still losing a bloody good footballer cut-price, a player who we could not attract to the club were he not already here.

A bloody good footballer or a feckin injury-prone liability? Like a lot of people now, I couldn't give a toss about him. Stay, go: don't care just get the thing out of the way.

or you could say....

A bloody good footballer, or a potentially very injury prone player with a release clause, with one eye on the exit door every transfer window?

Only reason he wasn't linked away last two transfer windows was because of the injury.

But in the meantime he can score maybe 10 goals, which could make a big difference.

or you could say....

But in the meantime he can score maybe 10 goals, which could make a big difference.

Or possibly score none. Viduka could score 10 goals, but he's as much of an injury worry as Owen, tbh. Thank God Luque's sticking around.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

We could really fuck Owen over here, hope to fuck the City takeover goes through then try to squeeze £15 mill off them for him, he can spend his days playing for City! Then when we play them as previously mentioned fucking kick the shit out of him.

Good on Freddy if the report is accurate.

that's the question isn't it?

for example how have owens wages been paid for 2 years?  the first injury he got (broken foot) was for us against spurs so we'd have got nothing for that other than our own insurance (if that even applies at club level which i doubt)

so his wages will have been paid for a year, in fact just less than a year

dunno something fishy there if you ask me - does it include the clubs own insurance for owens wages or just from the fa?

too vague to be trusted

Spot on mate - I saw, on another site, a comment stating  'far be it from me to question the veracity of a report from Anal...'  this sums up the whole story.As the writer of this posting went on to say, there were huge question-marks over the whole future of International Football if this compensation went through as demanded because some of the poorer Federations would be bankrupted if landed with a similar penalty...

Doesn't it strike anyone as strange that , suddenly, when it has been announced that Shepherd is staying at NUFC(a fact that I still doubt in the longer term), his Number 1 fan in the Media World suddenly comes out with this ingratiating piece of clap when so far, NONE of the more respected broadsheets have mentioned it - esp as it could have far-reaching implications for the whole game..!??

I will believe it when I see it confirmed by more respected Journos than Oliver....

Guest exilim

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007290217,00.html

FREDDY SHEPHERD has finally put an end to his compensation battle with FIFA and the FA over Michael Owen’s World Cup injury.

The former Toon chairman is believed to have settled for around £4million after seeing his original £6.2m claim rejected by FIFA president Sepp Blatter.

Owen suffered knee ligament damage against Sweden in the World Cup last summer and only returned to action at Reading on May 1 this year.

The FA were already picking up half Owen’s £100,000-a-week wages but Newcastle wanted more from Soho Square.

He also demanded FIFA pick up the £10m tab for Oba Martins — signed to replace the injured Owen last season.

It was more good news for Shepherd, 65, on the day he was told by new Toon owner Mike Ashley he will stay on the board for at least another year.

The club’s Turkish midfielder Emre has also decided to stay.

Emre, 26, has been targetted by Fenerbahce, Bayern Munich and his former club Galatasaray.

He said: “I’m very happy and not thinking about leaving this club.

“Even though I got serious offers from Galatasaray and Fenerbahce, I want to continue my career in England.”

Paris St Germain defender David Rozehnal arrived at St James’ Park yesterday to complete his £3m transfer.

So is it 4m or 10m?