Copa América

Dave

fantastic, always good to see Argentina get stuffed, even better when they are favourites and their captain scores a goal. have that you c***s

I hope all the gobshites in here have learnt a valuable lesson

Brazil won using 'Fat Sam's' formula for success you hypocritical arsehole. Did you learn a valuable lesson?

Guest Invicta_Toon

fantastic, always good to see Argentina get stuffed, even better when they are favourites and their captain scores a goal. have that you c***s

Brazil won using 'Fat Sam's' formula for success you hypocritical arsehole. Did you learn a valuable lesson?

I learnt that you'll admit Fat Sam is a long ball merchant when it suits you

I learnt that you'll admit Fat Sam is a long ball merchant when it suits you

Are you Souness in disguise?

Read the article the EMRE avatar put out on the THE NEW BRAZIL bulls***. Shows what Brazl really did and played, FAT SAM TACTICS haha. Good thing about Brazil is they go out playing and when theyre winning its hard to get pass them due to their physical presence at the back. Its not like in the old day anymore, im against this counter attack game Dunga plays but aslong as it give us 3-0 on Argentina everytime im happy.

Have to say what a brilliant tournament this was, Venezuela deserve lots of credit for the show they put on. Most of the new stadia looked stunning and those that didn't were still filled to capacity capturing the magic we expect from the tournament. Although I'm not particularly in the know there seemed to be little trouble and opposing fans were often seen sitting together.

The football matched the high standards set by the host. Each game produced an average of over three gaols and plenty of pass and move football. The standard of free kicks in particular was exceptional.

The Europeans could certainly learn a thing or two form the South Americans. So often our tournaments produce low attendances and disappoint with generally dross football. Like I said Venezuela deserve all the credit they get from hosting such an enthralling tournament. 

At the end of the days Brazil defeat Argentina because they have much better defenders on the day.

You can't deny that Brazilian goals in the final are quality goals, just like Argentinian goals during the tournament. But Gabriel Milito, Gabriel Heinze, Roberto Ayala and keeper Roberto Abbondanzieri, big names as they are, looked like novice that night/day, whereas Alex and Juan were rocks throughout allowing little space for Tevez and Messi. Javier Zanetti had a good game as ever, but individual brilliance doesn't always save the team.

Who say that Brazil don't produce quality defenders? Lucio, Juan, Alex, Naldo, Dani Alves, Maicon, Maxwell. Doni the keeper is shaky just like that night against Man Utd, but he just did enough to keep a clean sheet.

And I agree with Trevor Brooking. Someone in England should bring Riquelme here. The way he plays and shields the ball it is very hard to retrieve the ball without fouling him. Not sure how protected he will be in England, but the number of set pieces he earns will please Big Sam no end.

Have to say what a brilliant tournament this was, Venezuela deserve lots of credit for the show they put on. Most of the new stadia looked stunning and those that didn't were still filled to capacity capturing the magic we expect from the tournament. Although I'm not particularly in the know there seemed to be little trouble and opposing fans were often seen sitting together.

The football matched the high standards set by the host. Each game produced an average of over three gaols and plenty of pass and move football. The standard of free kicks in particular was exceptional.

The Europeans could certainly learn a thing or two form the South Americans. So often our tournaments produce low attendances and disappoint with generally dross football. Like I said Venezuela deserve all the credit they get from hosting such an enthralling tournament. 

I'd echo those sentiments 100%.

:thup:

I thought there were logistical problems (like the lights going out in the semi-final) as well as political ones (when fan trouble was expected in one city so the game was moved to another).  I wonder if this will actually be a success for Venezuela, I remember reading that the model for hosting major tournaments (mostly international football tournaments and the Olympics) was basically spend hundreds of millions or billions up front and then hoping that the areas affected reap the economic benefits through tourism after the fact, has anyone seen an articles about how Venezuela did on that?

And yes, It'd be great to see so many goals scored in a world cup, although I remember Euro 2004 as pretty exciting stuff.