Wenger reportedly wants Oba for 13 million according to Sun.

madras

I can't believe Wenger would want Martins

No offence to you lot but he's absolutely f****** gash imo, the idea you would make a profit on him is a bit crazy. His first touch is non-existant, his attitude is questionable, crap movement & he contributes nothing off the ball. Apart from the occasional scarily powerful shot and his pace every other element of his game is poor.

If I was Allardyce I'd snap off the hand of anyone that offers you more than you paid

Guest Moe-Ali

FUCKING IDIOTS THOSE OF YOU WHO WOULD LET GO OF OBAFEMI.

13M WILL NOT BUY US A BETTER STRIKER SO WHATS THE FUCKING POINT?!

HE'S NOT EVEN 25 FOR FUCKS SAKE.

WHY NOT JUST KEEP THE CURRENT STRIKERS AND WORK ON THE REST OF THE TEAM.

FUCK OFF ARSENE.

Guest Moe-Ali

No offence to you lot but he's absolutely f****** gash imo, the idea you would make a profit on him is a bit crazy. His first touch is non-existant, his attitude is questionable, crap movement & he contributes nothing off the ball. Apart from the occasional scarily powerful shot and his pace every other element of his game is poor.

If I was Allardyce I'd snap off the hand of anyone that offers you more than you paid

Read a book, your football knowledge is non-existant.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Owen may have the class in his finishing touches, but there's something that Martin's has that you just can't put your finger on. Maybe it's the EXPLOSIVE quality he has, when he hits the ball from nowhere and it EXPLODES into the back of the net. Maybe it's the way he EXPLODES through a defence with his EXPLOSIVE pace, turning a match on its head. These qualitys you can not teach. Michael Owen is like an owl, a predator lurking in the skys who will swoop down and peck a goal, but Obafemi "THE EXPLODER" Martins can give you more than goals. He can give you that DYNAMITE EXPLOSIVENESS that is so rare in modern football. I believe this may have something to do with his nickname as The Exploder.

Outscored your record signing tbh. ;)

Yeah, you're right. He's terrible. Couldn't care less about the 17 goals he's scored either. Calls himself a striker.

Owen may have the class in his finishing touches, but there's something that Martin's has that you just can't put your finger on. Maybe it's the EXPLOSIVE quality he has, when he hits the ball from nowhere and it EXPLODES into the back of the net. Maybe it's the way he EXPLODES through a defence with his EXPLOSIVE pace, turning a match on its head. These qualitys you can not teach. Michael Owen is like an owl, a predator lurking in the skys who will swoop down and peck a goal, but Obafemi "THE EXPLODER" Martins can give you more than goals. He can give you that DYNAMITE EXPLOSIVENESS that is so rare in modern football. I believe this may have something to do with his nickname as The Exploder.

Have you been on the E numbers?

13M WILL NOT BUY US A BETTER STRIKER SO WHATS THE FUCKING POINT?!

If they play to their ability we've already got 2 better strikers at the club ffs

Compare 13m with the prices being paid lately, 8m for Johnson, 8m for Anelka, 10m for Berbatov. Is Martins that much better? not a chance

Guest Moe-Ali

LICK A NUT YORKIE

probably makes sense where you come  from

Yes actually it does make sense here in Canada...

Should make sense wherever you are as well,  simple English

I don't think anyone could shine under Roeder to be honest. Some people on here aren't aware that we've got a new management team in, plus new players, and that, yes, players CAN improve under decent leadership.

Outscored your record signing tbh. ;)

Not in the league he never. He also never played for half the season 80% fit with a niggling injury.

Anyway, it's not justa bout goals which is the main point of what I was saying. Martins all round game is poor. If you think Johnson's work rate and link up play doesn't mean he contributes a lot more to a team than Martins does then you're mistaken imo.

Tbh, I bet Shola would've scored 17 goals last season, and I bet no one wants him leading the line.

Martins scored 11 league goals. Acceptable for a first season. If Ameobi had played last season it would have been his 7th season. 11 league goals therefore not good enough.

One thing with Oba and his poor movement -- that was in a team with at least as poor movement around him. Where was he supposed to run when the movement behind him seems totally random and people who should assist the attack runs to hide behind the opponents so they won't get the ball, and Parker spinning around like a ballerina all the time? With Allardyce, we can at least hope for some proper coaching, and a system where he gets specific tasks if he can't perform with some freedom of movement.

I expect that we'll play to his strengths, not his weaknesses, and those strengths are actually quite considerable.

I can't believe how many of you people have bought into Souness' philosophy of assembling a random bunch of proper players and expect them to just go out and play good football without serious coaching. If there is one player I'm excited to see under Allardyce, it's Martins.

Guest Moe-Ali

13M WILL NOT BUY US A BETTER STRIKER SO WHATS THE f****** POINT?!

If they play to their ability we've already got 2 better strikers at the club ffs

Compare 13m with the prices being paid lately, 8m for Johnson, 8m for Anelka, 10m for Berbatov. Is Martins that much better? not a chance

Johnson is not even close to as good as obafemi.

Anelka is past his prime.

Only Berbatov is comparable to Oba in terms of class.

Martins has all the attributes of these strikers, not to mention way more pace and strength.

LICK A NUT YORKIE

probably makes sense where you come  from

Yes actually it does make sense here in Canada...

Should make sense wherever you are as well,  simple English

are you talking yorkie as in a person from yorkshire or a citizen of the city of york ?

and what does it mean to "lick a nut"